Tired

Default New Server

Please post any problems you may be experiencing with the board here. Cheers
Old 18th November 2008, 23:31
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: New Server

the icons don't display their images. I just get a blue question mark for 90% of them.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:32
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
the icons don't display their images. I just get a blue question mark for 90% of them.
Once our nameserver migrates over to this server, they'll show up
Old 18th November 2008, 23:40

Lot's of posts have gone missing in topics as well.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:47
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverwhatever44
Lot's of posts have gone missing in topics as well.
Can you point me in the direction of stuff that's gone missing, please, and I'll take a look.

Bear in mind that posts made on the 15th and thereafter will be lost.
Old 18th November 2008, 23:50

Oh right, well I was talking about posts on the 15th and after
Old 19th November 2008, 00:07

Mood
Notamused

I thought I had gone back in time. Shame the forum couldn't be backed up to the present time...

BTW Occultus I'm not having a dig.
Old 19th November 2008, 01:07

Mood
Notamused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic
Aye, I had intended to reply to your post that was in the basement re immigration, as I agreed with most of what you said for once!
Re-posted what I wrote as I had a copy in my documents.

You agree! This cannot be right
Old 19th November 2008, 01:23

Mood
Blah

You mean my post explaining the meaning of life got deleted? damn! i cant remember it now.
Old 19th November 2008, 01:37

Mood
Notamused

That's a bugger, I missed it.
Old 19th November 2008, 02:02

There are loads of bad links all through the forum, for instance the link to this thread points to http://64.22.97.126/db/showthread.php?t=31063, instead of http://www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/showthread.php?t=31063.

That causes problems, where you have to login a second time after clicking the link.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:11

Lol, database backup fail.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:47
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather
Lol, database backup fail.
It's no laughing matter, young man

It's Anne's fault, anyway
Old 19th November 2008, 11:53

Mood
Curious

Most topics on this forum are a waste of space anyways.

My current and probably obvious contributions, although possibly browser sepecific, are that the postng page (i.e. what I'm typing this into right now) is all messed up in Firefox, I have no icons and they've all been replaced by useless words describing what should be there.

Secondly, there's no buttons to reply to topics, just links, and they look untidy, and they took me ages to find, and well, I don't like them.

And possibly related to the last couple of problems, but also possibly a new feature: 'go to last post' and something about me having posts in a topic are coming up in the post headings and it looks a bit cluttered. Maybe there was icons there instead before? I don't know. That's that there should be in my opinion. Be much tidier.

k thx.
Old 19th November 2008, 11:53

basement is broken :/
Old 19th November 2008, 12:09

can i also pretend that i posted a work of genius on the forum that has now been deleted please?
Old 19th November 2008, 12:54

Mood
Cool

I lost my heart rendering review of Full Metal Jacket.
Old 19th November 2008, 14:35
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi©o
Most topics on this forum are a waste of space anyways.

My current and probably obvious contributions, although possibly browser sepecific, are that the postng page (i.e. what I'm typing this into right now) is all messed up in Firefox, I have no icons and they've all been replaced by useless words describing what should be there.

Secondly, there's no buttons to reply to topics, just links, and they look untidy, and they took me ages to find, and well, I don't like them.

And possibly related to the last couple of problems, but also possibly a new feature: 'go to last post' and something about me having posts in a topic are coming up in the post headings and it looks a bit cluttered. Maybe there was icons there instead before? I don't know. That's that there should be in my opinion. Be much tidier.

k thx.
It sounds like how it looked before the nameservers got reset. I had that same look last night, but now everything is back to normal for me. Not sure what to suggest, except a hard refresh (control F5) or maybe logging out, closing down firefox and trying again.
Anne
Old 19th November 2008, 14:37
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultus
It's no laughing matter, young man

It's Anne's fault, anyway
Not my fault! I tried very hard, but the server went down every time I started a backup yesterday.
Anne
Old 19th November 2008, 15:21
Banned (at own request)

It might be good idea to fix the link in the notice message as it doesnt work correctly. I just get a no permission message. I presume its meant to link to this thread or similar.

Interesting enough its using the old normal link. Shows the old limited tool bar and letting me view old stuff quite easily. (Besides trying to redirecting me if I click the main thing)

My board images still dont show up here.
Old 19th November 2008, 15:52

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne123456
It sounds like how it looked before the nameservers got reset. I had that same look last night, but now everything is back to normal for me. Not sure what to suggest, except a hard refresh (control F5) or maybe logging out, closing down firefox and trying again.
Anne
It's strange that you say it's working for you Anne. I just tried it in IE and I have the thing that you get were you have an image (for the buttons) but the link is broken, so there's only an empty box with the broken link icon and the text link inside.

So, I tried clearing the cache and whatnot, yet it still doesn't work.

Neither have I logged onto sauk from this computer in the past few days. First time was late this morning.

At the moment, absolutely no icons seem to be working either in Firefox or IE. Anyone else got this problem?
Old 19th November 2008, 15:59
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
At the moment, absolutely no icons seem to be working either in Firefox or IE. Anyone else got this problem?
I had the same problem at work today, mi©o, using IE. I'm back home now, and everything is working just fine, using Firefox. Very odd. I'm trying to figure out what the score is as we speak.
Old 19th November 2008, 16:05

Quote:
It's strange that you say it's working for you Anne. I just tried it in IE and I have the thing that you get were you have an image (for the buttons) but the link is broken, so there's only an empty box with the broken link icon and the text link inside.

So, I tried clearing the cache and whatnot, yet it still doesn't work.

Neither have I logged onto sauk from this computer in the past few days. First time was late this morning.

i'm in Safari and am getting the no icons problem too.

here's what the posting interface looks like for me currently:

Old 19th November 2008, 17:57

Hmm my 2p`s worth :

On IE: 1) no icons or avatars, just a little white box with a big red X in the middle accompanied by a word or two saying what the missing icon does/did, apart from on profile pages where the avatars have returned but the smilies sadly didn`t make it :P
2) have to re-log in to access the basement
3) when changing rooms (garage to lounge for example) it takes me via the link I had to use to access the forums at all, rather than directly

I tried Firefox and that was much the same, except there even the big red X`s have disappeared and just left blank spaces where icons/avatars should be, also had a randomly appearing "500 Internal Server Error" message when trying to access rooms/profiles/basically anything :P
Old 19th November 2008, 18:01
Founder

There's something going on with the nameserver. It was working earlier today and now does not. That's why the icons don't show up anymore and for the basement, you are being sent back to the old server-that's why you have to log in again.

Tbh, I don't have a clue how it could have been working earlier today and now not, but we will sort it as soon as possible.
Anne
Old 19th November 2008, 18:05
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

I'm having to use the 64.22.97.126/db as the other is not working.

I noticed it was playing up last night too (in the wee small hours).

rar
Old 19th November 2008, 18:26

Mood
Curious

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
I'm having to use the 64.22.97.126/db ..
That's where I am, as that's where I'm directed to by the main page. Should it be taking me elsewhere? And as far as I know that's where I've been all day. Don't know if that explains the problems I'm (and others are) having with icons?

I've tried emptying the cache etc, bearing in mind I haven't been on for a few days and I generally don't use IE at all, which isn't working either.
Old 19th November 2008, 18:45
Founder

Quote:
That's where I am, as that's where I'm directed to by the main page. Should it be taking me elsewhere? And as far as I know that's where I've been all day. Don't know if that explains the problems I'm (and others are) having with icons?

I've tried emptying the cache etc, bearing in mind I haven't been on for a few days and I generally don't use IE at all, which isn't working either.
When it's working properly you will never see that page-you'll be sent directly to this new board with the url: www.social-anxiety-community.org/db/

I don't think anyone needs to play with their settings just yet-I thought so earlier, but now something is clearly wrong with our settings.
Anne
Old 19th November 2008, 19:36

All working fine for me now on IE

( thank goodness, I was starting to get smiley-withdrawal)
Old 19th November 2008, 21:11
Administrator

Mood
Tired

OK - problems identified by Arfed, threadbare, custardcreams and girlinterrupted are now resolved. Waiting to hear back from mi©o and Upbeat_B. If anyone else out there is still having problems with the board, please post them here so we can help you out. If you're not comfortable posting them here, feel free to drop me a PM

The blog section has also been reactivated, BTW. If anyone experiences any problems with it, again, please let us know. Cheers
Closed Thread