Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th June 2007, 22:08

Mood
Sneaky

Default limewire

i have just downloaded limewire. finally, i can share files with all my friends!

however, i can't seem to connect - none of the connection indicators light up and i can't look for anything. does the connection just "go down" sometimes, or what?
Old 25th June 2007, 22:17

Default Re: limewire

that'll be cus limewire is shite these days.
Old 25th June 2007, 23:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullenskink
however, i can't seem to connect - none of the connection indicators light up and i can't look for anything. does the connection just "go down" sometimes, or what?
I prefer Frostwire myself.

Two questions:

1. Are you using a router to connect to the Internet, if so, what make and model is the router?

2. Which ISP are you with?
Old 25th June 2007, 23:13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallah
...have you checked it hasn't been blocked by your fire wall? I had that when I first downloaded it, but once I sorted it I have had no probs at all using it.
Why didn't I think of that? It's always the most obvious things you miss. However, Windows Firewall allows me to use Frostwire, with no prompts or configuration and ZoneAlarm, when I checked and last had it, also allowed me to use Frostwire after allowing it.
Old 25th June 2007, 23:25

Mood
Sneaky

thanks guys...

i just checked on control panel and it seems that the firewall is allowing limewire, but i still can't seem to get connected. any ideas before i go download frostwire?
Old 25th June 2007, 23:27
stu1980

Azureus is better.
Old 25th June 2007, 23:31

Mood
Sneaky

yeah, i've got norton's system doctor...
Old 26th June 2007, 01:14

my Limewire wasn´t working last week either, I had to uninstall it then reinstall it for it to work????
Old 27th June 2007, 00:11

Mood
Thinking

Limewire doesn't seem as good as it used to be. I get bad connections quite a lot these days. I'm giving up on P2P altogether though. As I type this, I am running the umpteenth anti-spyware scan on my comp. Its infected to hell!
Old 10th July 2007, 18:34

goddammit i hate limewire! every time i've tried to use it for the past few months the connection has been utterly shite, only the first one of those green connection thingys lights up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallah
Do you have a wall in front of your earth?
wondering why you asked this incase it could explain my problem. i have one of these walls, but i thought that was just there to inform you that there is a firewall in place. my firewall (standard one that came with xp) tells me that it is allowing limewire access.

i wonder if this could be due to tiscali being crap.

can anyone recommend something that is pretty much the same as limewire, only it works? i dont trust these things after i tried using edonkey and it spontaneously decided to make all of the files on my entire computer available
Old 10th July 2007, 19:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardcreams
wondering why you asked this incase it could explain my problem. i have one of these walls, but i thought that was just there to inform you that there is a firewall in place. my firewall (standard one that came with xp) tells me that it is allowing limewire access.

i wonder if this could be due to tiscali being crap.

can anyone recommend something that is pretty much the same as limewire, only it works? i dont trust these things after i tried using edonkey and it spontaneously decided to make all of the files on my entire computer available
Tiscali are reported to be blocking all P2P traffic (source). The only way you will get P2P working is to ask for a MAC code and switch ISP.

When I left Tiscali in April, I found Frostwire was unusable and wouldn't connect, even after port forwarding and allowing Frostwire through my firewall.
Old 10th July 2007, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by tghe-retford
Tiscali are reported to be blocking all P2P traffic (source). The only way you will get P2P working is to ask for a MAC code and switch ISP.
what the hell? is this fairly recent? because a few months ago it was working fine. that article seemed to suggest that it slowed things a lot rather than totally blocking, but i cant get any sort of connection. grrrrr, how dare they!

what is a MAC code, and is there no real option other than changing ISP?
Old 10th July 2007, 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by custardcreams
what the hell? is this fairly recent? because a few months ago it was working fine. that article seemed to suggest that it slowed things a lot rather than totally blocking, but i cant get any sort of connection. grrrrr, how dare they!
A number of people are having problems with Limewire/Frostwire with Tiscali:

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/forums/sear...archid=1688323
Old 10th July 2007, 20:35

Mood
Sneaky

very informative tghe-retford, respeck

i'm with tiscali and my limewire sucks as well. the source you provided, regarding off peak times, fits well with my experiences of being able to connect at around 4 in the morning but no other, sensible, time.

nice to have some sort of explanation at least
Old 10th July 2007, 21:16

thanks retford.

*researches other ISPs*
Closed Thread