SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th September 2022, 21:49

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
As confused as Welsh spaghetti.
In Welsh we say...

Sbageti Cymraeg
Old 20th September 2022, 08:56
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Anxious
I thought morning anxiety was a thing of the past.
Old 20th September 2022, 22:49

Mood
Alienated

^ I hope the rest of your day was less anxious!

I’ve currently got a cold, and it feels like no cold I’ve ever had before. To the point I thought it was Covid. Thankfully I’ve been testing, and both tests were negative. However, I’m more worried about work. Well, I’ve nothing to worry about, but it always makes me worried people think I’m faking it, being over dramatic, or whatever. I also know there are some people who think having a cold isn’t a good reason to take time off work. I also feel guilty that someone else would have had to do one of my gruelling tasks today in my absence. I’m also realising how much I’ll have to do when I get back to work (I was behind on things before I was ill). Then there’s the absence forms (yes, more than one!) I have to fill out when I return which bizarrely have some very complicated questions and also it’s like filling out a police form like I’ve done something wrong. Anyway, guess I should try to rest and think about all that later!
Old 20th September 2022, 22:56

Mood
Cynical

^ People who think a cold isn't a good enough reason to be off work are the people who spread their colds to everyone else in the workplace! Hope you feel better soon, literally everyone seems to be getting a bug at the moment.
Old 21st September 2022, 08:40

Mood
Bored

Rubbish, I am failing epically at being a grown up at the moment. I'm just so overwhelmed by everything and not really coping. It's like that thing of being back at school and worrying about an exam but rather than just sit down and actually revise for it, you just sit there making an elaborate revision plan. That it was I am doing, rather than just getting on with things that actually need doing I'm just panicking about the fact that so much stuff needs doing.
Old 21st September 2022, 21:04

^ I recently googled an old friend and found out he was accomplished enough to have an enviable LinkedIn profile. As you can imagine, my self-esteem instantly plummeted to hell and I asked myself "Why? Why do I do this sh*t?"
Old 21st September 2022, 21:34

Lonely AF
Old 21st September 2022, 21:44

Mood
Breezy

Sorry you're lonely AL.
Old 21st September 2022, 21:59

^^

are you on holiday for pleasure or for work?
Old 21st September 2022, 22:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
^ I hope the rest of your day was less anxious!

I’ve currently got a cold, and it feels like no cold I’ve ever had before. To the point I thought it was Covid. Thankfully I’ve been testing, and both tests were negative. However, I’m more worried about work. Well, I’ve nothing to worry about, but it always makes me worried people think I’m faking it, being over dramatic, or whatever. I also know there are some people who think having a cold isn’t a good reason to take time off work. I also feel guilty that someone else would have had to do one of my gruelling tasks today in my absence. I’m also realising how much I’ll have to do when I get back to work (I was behind on things before I was ill). Then there’s the absence forms (yes, more than one!) I have to fill out when I return which bizarrely have some very complicated questions and also it’s like filling out a police form like I’ve done something wrong. Anyway, guess I should try to rest and think about all that later!
Hope you feel better soon, Tembo!

I am feeling similarly to you as well. I developed a really bad cold last year that wasn't covid but totally wiped me out (lost voice, blocked sinuses, blocked ears and hacking cough). Some colds you can carry on as normal with, but some are brutal and you just need to be in bed to rest! Having a temperature is the sign to stay home!
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:12

Mood
Breezy

How are your ears nowadays biscuits? Still going pop?
Old 22nd September 2022, 00:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^^

are you on holiday for pleasure or for work?
Thanks B. I'm here for fun. No work involved.
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:06

^ Homicidal or suicidal? Both are worrying.
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:07

Had major job interview today. Didn't sleep last night, but I feel I put in a reasonable account of myself despite the nerves.
Old 22nd September 2022, 19:54

^ so glad it went well, limey! When do you find out?
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:00

Mood
Cynical

^^ Well done limey!
Old 22nd September 2022, 20:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
How are your ears nowadays biscuits? Still going pop?
Yeah, they're still misbehaving! I have a sinus cold at the moment so they're fairly uncomfortable at the moment. Thank you for asking, Percy

And yours?
Old 23rd September 2022, 09:24

Annoyed and stressed.
Not how I should be feeling on holiday.
Old 23rd September 2022, 12:17

Thanks Biscuits and Dougella. May find out as early as today, but could be next week.
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:10

Mood
Spaced

Awful. Just had the worst panic attack of my life with a migraine to boot. At least no one saw me have the brunt of the mental breakdown...

Apparently this job gets very crowded full of rude people on the weekends. When I was up at the front doing my job (picking), the tills got incredibly busy with only one person working it, and people kept staring at me and going "where are the workers!?" and one went up to me and got all pushy about it.I felt like everyone was watching me.

I don't really know how I can continue if it gets this bad honestly... During weekdays it's okay because I just do my job of picking and am only asked casual questions (which is fine, I love to help), but when the tiny little store is crammed full of customers, it really freaks me out. It's almost like I'm claustrophobic or something as well? But only with people..?

So for the end of my shift I was disassociating REALLY badly, trying to hold it together and crying while trying to finish up. When I disassociate though, it makes me mess up because it's like... My brain is trying to escape the situation and I don't know where I am or what I'm doing.

So my husband came to pick me up before his shift started and held me in the car while I had a full on mental breakdown. It was really really bad. I couldn't breathe.

[sigh] I just don't know. I want to work so badly, and I was happy to get my first paycheck here, but I don't think I can do it here. :'( It's insane and this company sucks too. Argh...
Old 23rd September 2022, 14:39

Mood
Cynical

^ I'm really sorry that happened, it sounds awful. Are you allowed to mention on here which supermarket you work for?

Do you have the option of saying you're not able to work on weekends anymore? Or carry on looking for jobs in other places that would be nicer and suit you better?
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:27

Mood
Spaced

At this point, I don't even care anymore. It's Iceland. They've been working my husband like a dog since he was hired during the pandemic. He's such a hard worker there, and they don't employ enough people or even increase wages and it kills me how much they take their workers for granted honestly.

I guess they were bought out right around the time that he joined, so they've been cutting costs and gradually turning into crap. IMHO with what I see in the news and how people are treated there I wouldn't be surprised if it dies out soon.

It sucks because there are nice people working there, and his managers are cool, but it's just such a disorganized and badly run company... After working at such a great grocery store previously it's a total shock to the system to see how awful this one is. :/

My husband says he's going to try to talk with the manager to see if I can avoid working on weekends but to be honest if it continues like this then I'm just going to quit... I literally can't do this. I am still reeling from the panic attack and feel like major tightness in my chest and it gets hard to breathe... I'm trying to lay in bed and relax but I can't stop worrying. God, I wish I didn't have SAD...
Old 23rd September 2022, 15:48

Mood
Cynical

^ Ah yes, I can imagine customers there could get pretty irate there at busy times! And they probably keep the pay low and the staffing numbers low so they can keep the prices down.

You should be able to not work weekends, they often have younger people who are at college or whatever who want to work weekends anyway. But do what's best for you, nothing's worth risking your mental health for
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:10

Mood
Bored

Monumentally s***. I know into everyone's life a little rain must fall but it just feels like mine involves transiting from one downpour to another. It feels quite self indulgent to complain about my lot in life when there are people with genuine real actual problems like terminal cancer or not being able to put food on the table but every episode of my life just seems to be defined by pretty cataclysmic unfairness, and being completely tautologous it's just all so unfair.
Old 23rd September 2022, 20:17

Mood
Tired

^

Been there many times Miss Mouse,
hope things feel a bit more normal soon.
Old 23rd September 2022, 22:21

snottier than a french waiter serving an american tourist
Old 23rd September 2022, 23:09

Mood
Breezy

A hug for SpectralOwls
Old 24th September 2022, 04:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissMouse
Monumentally s***. I know into everyone's life a little rain must fall but it just feels like mine involves transiting from one downpour to another. It feels quite self indulgent to complain about my lot in life when there are people with genuine real actual problems like terminal cancer or not being able to put food on the table but every episode of my life just seems to be defined by pretty cataclysmic unfairness, and being completely tautologous it's just all so unfair.
nope, it's not self indulgent at all, lil mouse. Sorry that things are continually being rubbish. Is there anyone to support you with it? I hope some sunshine comes your way soon
Old 25th September 2022, 01:13

Mood
Tired

Meh

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Old 25th September 2022, 01:29

Mood
Sweettooth

^ everything ok?