SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 12th July 2006, 13:54

Default New subforum i think would be a good idea

I think the main forum is too clogged up with negative posts, and that it would be good to seperate negative posts from others. Its nice to know there are people who are experiencing the same difficulties as us, but i dont think it does any good to constantly remind ourself and reinforce ourself that we are going to be having specific problems in a defeatest attitude.

Still it is a good things for people to have somewhere to get support when theyre having a hard time.

So we could create a room for people who want to talk about bad experiences and how theyre no good and its hard and still get support there.

Or there could be some kind of room for ways of overcoming, exploring and discussing sa and the other type of posts can stay in general room. Or any other way that would help.

Just an idea thanks
Old 12th July 2006, 15:38

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: New subforum i think would be a good idea

I dunno, I think it would make it too complex. Also, if there was an area for negative posts no one would ever go there and people would never get advice.
I understand your point, but I think we just have to take the bad with the good.
Old 12th July 2006, 16:50

I don't think this would work.
I think it would probably put people off posting threads which are 'negative' and I agree with amberfirez, people will probably avoid it and so not give advice to people who need it.
Everyone faces difficulties with SA, if people find the more negative threads difficult to read then they can avoid them. I'm worried that seperating them will stop people posting.
Old 12th July 2006, 17:07

Mood
Alienated

The social anxiety room is here for people to talk about their issues/difficulties. You know you will find mainly "negative"/depressing posts in there because that whole room deals with sa.
For more lighter stuff there is the lounge, the basement and what not.
So i also don't feel there is a need for it but it is up to the moderators of this forum
Old 12th July 2006, 17:32

Well i have suggested also leaving the main general forum and also having a room for of overcoming, exploring and discussing sa. So there would still be the same old main forum.

I saw it one this sa site in american too http://www.socialanxietysupport.com/

I think this is good. I don't see why creating a seperate sub-forum for people having a hard time will stop people getting support, the people who come here arnt going to change just because the way the forum is organised changes.

lol ohh comon i dont think it would make it too complicated for people its only making one more subforum there are already 16

hhm im not sure sure about what people mean about discouraging people to post if theyre feeling bad and are looking for friendly support, if there was a forum specifically for it then thats great, they know they can go there just as with the american sa website. With the american subforum named frustrations there are about 10 posts for every topic so it does work.

aaanyway im just suggesting an idea for people, cya all
Old 12th July 2006, 18:13

Mood
Dreaming

I just think it would make the site too complex. The site you mentioned (the American SA site) has WAY too many sub forums! It would be too confusing and complex. Simplicity is good.
On this site there are only about 4 commonly used forums (the SA room, the lounge, the basement and the photo room). I think many more would make it too complex. This way it's easy to know where to post, what to post, and it's easy to find posts you're looking for.
Sorry, I hate going against people. I understand what you're saying, and it sounds like it would have some advantages. But I don't know if this site needs it. There are few new threads in the SA room each day, so if we split it up even more there may be fewer. I think if the site had thousands of people visiting each day it would make sense, but there aren't that many regulars.
Old 12th July 2006, 18:38

hmm well u do have some points
Closed Thread