SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th January 2020, 20:41

Default Hello..friends required..

Returning member here, first joined 10 years ago. In a slightly better place than I was the first time, in being that i've managed to get a job and pass my driving test, although I used to think those things alone would change my life and solve all my problems, but they haven't.

I have become a workaholic, I literally do nothing else other than work, I have no friends or social life. My anxiety is as bad as ever, as is my paranoia and negative thinking. I live on my own and spend way too much time mulling over every little detail of what people have said and done, which sends me slightly insane sometimes.

People tell me I need to create a larger support network and friends so I have more distractions hence less time to think. Its very hard though when your naturally an introvert who has never really fitted. Which is why I thought i'd give this site a second chance and see if there were anyone in the same boat as me.
Old 6th January 2020, 23:23

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Hello..friends required..

Welcome back, I hope you find plenty of support and help here
Old 7th January 2020, 16:33

Mood
Blah

welcome back
Old 7th January 2020, 19:43

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charefudge
Returning member here, first joined 10 years ago. In a slightly better place than I was the first time, in being that i've managed to get a job and pass my driving test, although I used to think those things alone would change my life and solve all my problems, but they haven't.

I have become a workaholic, I literally do nothing else other than work, I have no friends or social life. My anxiety is as bad as ever, as is my paranoia and negative thinking. I live on my own and spend way too much time mulling over every little detail of what people have said and done, which sends me slightly insane sometimes.

People tell me I need to create a larger support network and friends so I have more distractions hence less time to think. Its very hard though when your naturally an introvert who has never really fitted. Which is why I thought i'd give this site a second chance and see if there were anyone in the same boat as me.
Hello I know how you feel. I often work 6 days a week and commute via car. I've thought about going to meetups etc to try and make friends, but a combination of my anxiety talking me out of going anywhere, and the fact I often can't be bothered to do too much after working all week, means I just end up never doing much except stopping in and playing computer games.
Old 8th January 2020, 18:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott83
Hello I know how you feel. I often work 6 days a week and commute via car. I've thought about going to meetups etc to try and make friends, but a combination of my anxiety talking me out of going anywhere, and the fact I often can't be bothered to do too much after working all week, means I just end up never doing much except stopping in and playing computer games.
Hey Yes similar for me, plus there isn't really any meets near me even if I was, I'm not far from Manchester but haven't ventured that far in my car yet.
Plus i'm better one to one than in a group, especially a group of people who already know eachother, kind of terrifiying! If only there was an easier way to make friends
Old 8th January 2020, 21:34

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charefudge
Hey Yes similar for me, plus there isn't really any meets near me even if I was, I'm not far from Manchester but haven't ventured that far in my car yet.
Plus i'm better one to one than in a group, especially a group of people who already know eachother, kind of terrifiying! If only there was an easier way to make friends
Yeah I tend to get drowned out by a group. I've tried friend sites a while ago but it seemed to be people after dates instead.
Old 8th January 2020, 22:09

Mood
Pensive

Welcome back.
Old 9th January 2020, 12:44

Mood
Sleepy

Hello
Old 9th January 2020, 14:02

Mood
Dreaming

Hey Charefudge, welcome back. Hope you'll stick around, I'm sure you'll find your support network here.
Old 9th January 2020, 20:03

Thanks everyone
Old 10th January 2020, 12:44

Top bombing Charefudge. Where does the name come from? At first I thought it was an anagram of ‘I love SAUK’ but it’s got too many letters.
Old 10th January 2020, 16:49

Welcome back