Mood
Fine

Default Re: cars

Buying brand new seems mad to me
Old 28th July 2019, 07:52

Mood
Alienated

it is mad unless your the sort of person who wants new toys every so often, in which case PCP/Lease makes some sort of sense (if your happy to spunk that money away)

My car before this was a 14 plate, cost about 13 grand yet it always had a few points I was never happy with (the colour, the screen, the wheels...the keys breaking on me because the last owner had very sharp nails etc etc) and it was getting unreasonable to find a car that ticked the right boxes and was at least the same if not better for less than 18-19, what that would have cost me in monthly repayments was considerably more than what I'm paying to "rent a toy"

It also helps I don't have any sort of social life/hobbies so I do have enough disposable income to waste on it
Old 29th July 2019, 00:27

Mood
Fine

^ Fair enough I think if I was paying out that kinda money I'd go for a Model 3
Old 29th July 2019, 05:24

Mood
Relaxed

I was thinking yesterday that driverless cars are going to really change my life. I'll be ordering a tofu powered, self drive, fiat 500 as soon as they drop enough for me to afford one.
Old 29th July 2019, 08:32

Mood
Relaxed

OK a Ford it is.
Old 29th July 2019, 08:56

Mood
Relaxed

Anyway, enough with the 'imaginary', It's only a few years away.

Maybe I'll get a camper van and travel the coast.
Old 29th July 2019, 12:21

Mood
Relaxed

Yes, I would want to sleep while it drives and it can toot it's horn when we arrive.
Old 29th July 2019, 12:50

Mood
Relaxed

I've got a serious post to make today about tea actually.
Old 30th July 2019, 00:09

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
For me it***8217;s more a case of wanting a certain combination of options that wasn***8217;t available in any of the current stock holding. Ideally I would go for nearly new with low mileage, as you don***8217;t pay VAT.
What combination of options are you after? I guess that's what I like about Honda, their standard equipment is really good, I want the GT/ES/EX for the cruise control though I would really like adaptive cruise, but they didn't do it on the Mk8 Civic

Need to make sure it's got a real full service history and no excessive wear of course
Old 22nd January 2020, 01:30

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LmaoZedong
^Sry, missed this. Mostly extra driving aids/safety things plus the digital cockpit, keyless etc.

It was Jan 11th in the end
Looks sweet, you have good taste in colour Wish I could've got a blue Civic, but they're way too popular
Old 22nd January 2020, 18:55
Banned

'actual' cars. I had a seat ibiza (mk 3) that I really liked. smashed it [up]. it was diesel, which was sort of it's undoing. right now I have a 'cheap' peugeot 206, which was meant as a temporary car, but I've ended up using it for 4 years. doesn't have air con or electric windows which would be nice.

not entirely sure what cars I like at the moment. I used to like Vauxhalls, but I don't like the current rear end styling of anything after 2010.....I don't like the gear stick feel on fords....VW polo or golfs don't really float my boat. I did like the older honda civic before 2006, but they redesigned it, into the top-heavy looking thing it is now. I might go for one of the new ibiza's, but I saw one recently, it's slightly bigger than the one I had (current is mk5, I believe). but the one I had was classed as a 'super mini', it always felt bigger than it apparently was (which was good). the design of the ibiza now, looks like it has 'bigger' car bulges that have been crammed into a 'small' car size

trouble is most [smallish] cars now seem to have a small engine and a turbo. everything seems 1.4 litres or less. I'd prefer a 1.6/1.8/poss 2 litre, with no turbo. or maybe with a turbo. but 1.6 minimum please. saxo 1.6 days
Old 27th January 2020, 00:41

Mood
Fine

Not sure I can talk to someone who doesn't like Civics I love my Mk8 (2009) Civic 2.2, you wouldn't know it's a diesel unless idling It's a rough ride though and won't suit a lot of people, but it's fun to drive. Can't wait to get it remapped, should be able to do near 0-60 in 7s
Old 27th January 2020, 02:15
Banned

oh I bet they are decent cars (Honda usually are? I don't think honda make bad cars do they?), the styling just doesn't really appeal personally to me....the body looks a bit large for the wheels to me.

the...er.....new civics

seem to have gone into 'cyber' overdrive. maybe a love/hate thing. tbh I think I could see myself in one of the above, but....it would have to have -serious- horsepower (like 0-60 in less than 7 seconds or something). you can't drive something like that without some engine'ness in it. that was just a google result. google picked the 'type r', which is fiercer styling than the regular lol

I just did a google actually. it's the 2008 civic I'm thinking looks a bit large body (I think you would need some large rims on it. actually I have no idea how they ride. Honda's have always been too expensive for me so I've never test driven one, lol) the 2015 one doesn't look too bad actually. the 2015 one does have a large moulded black 'slipstream' sort of thing going on with the bumper which is kind of cool. it seems like you would still need a bit of an engine to give performance that matched the looks

my Ibiza was a diesel 1.9, I did longer trips driving at the time. it handed like an absolute whale (badly).....big diesel engine. lots of "no I don't want to turn this corner". remapping is a cool toy.

edited and stuff probably
Old 27th January 2020, 19:07

Mood
Alienated

I was behind a newish Civic today

The type R's really are a bit of a kids wet dream with styling there's random bits of plastic and spoilers and vents and stuff slapped all over

(sue me but I actually quite like them! - makes my car look a bit dull)

Nice low 0-60's are good on paper but you never get to use it on paper my car should do 0-60 in ..5.5ish? i think but at £150 a tyre, alas I don't really push it - (also 19" low profile tyres are doing my back no favours. - christ I'm getting old already)
Old 5th February 2020, 11:22

Mood
Fine

^ Nice Mustang The attention would be a no go for me

Here be mine:

It handles really well. Some have said the big 2.2 is nose heavy but I don't think it is at all, I've no issues cornering. I do wish I'd waited for 2010+ one though, apparently they have limited slip diffs as standard Buut it has cruise, climate control, and parking sensors, that's all that really matters
Old 6th February 2020, 22:18

Mood
Tired

Was talking to a joiner at work today, he also has a Shelby Mustang, imported from America,
Says it's worth some serious money too,.
He's had some offers asking if he wants to exchange it for a corvette,
Think he's looking to get himself a Camero next, once he trades it in, ..

I'm guessing there's a few Shelby Mustangs on the go, depending on how much you're willing to pay.
Old 7th February 2020, 14:29

Odd that was supposed to be a pic of my car ^

Try again