SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th April 2017, 20:20

Default New job

Hi, I'm Rose, I'm 24. I've come onto this forum because my social anxiety has raised it's ugly head when I've started working in a full time job as a mental health support worker. Im currently on the sick because I can't face going in. It's my first proper job since uni. I feel like I'm letting my girlfriend down, she's a high functioning nurse who's very outgoing and socially able. I'm currently waiting for an appointment with talking helps. I've done this job for 7 months and the pressure of being in social situations has built up and up. My job has changed slightly and it now means that I work in a new hospital ward every day; I'm always the new person/an extra pair of hands. I can't deal with it, working with unfamiliar people, patients, rules, different routines, never settling in. I feel so weak, and I feel guilty about being on the sick. My SA isn't bad at other times, I'm capable of being around a small group of close friends or family. But it really comes out at work or when I'm with people I don't know. Just wondering if anyone has the same thing at work and what I can do to feel more at ease in this job where it's a new environment each day.
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:09
Global Moderator

Mood
Fine

Default Re: New job

Hi Rose and welcome to the forum. Sounds like a very tough working environment even if you didn't suffer from SA, I hope you get your appointment with talking helps soon and things start to improve for you