SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 23rd November 2006, 17:54
Banned

Default other people's lives

Do you ever wonder what non-sa people get upto in their lives. Are they going out that night, do they have partners?, ho wmany friends do they have?, basically what their life is like. I tend to do this and it's always something positive that they are doing.
I also do it with people on this board sometimes like are they are going out tonight or how many friends they have.
Old 23rd November 2006, 19:00

Default Re: other people's lives

I do this as well. I don't always assume it's something positive that they're doing although I did used to.
Old 24th November 2006, 11:00

Yeah! I think its kind of hard not to really. Although I have had this for more than half my life I had a better social life when I had a partner (I can do alot more when I have some one to sort of lean on!) so now I miss all that sitting at home wishing for things I won't have.

But it is best not to dwell too much
Old 24th November 2006, 15:35

Mood
Worried

Yeah, when I was in uni halls it was so easy to compare other people's lives with yours as you knew when they were going out, could hear them laughing and joking through the walls etc. I do it to an extent with people from this board too, though I try not too, as all that seems to come from it is a negative comparison that's not justified; just because I'm not going out every night, it doesn't mean I'm not doing worthwhile things. Just because I have a few close friends rather than lots of acquaintances, it's still a perfectly valid way to live, and if anyone else was making negative judgements about me based on the ways I spend my time and my amount of friends, I'd tell them to f*** off (or want to, at least!) so why should I be allowed to criticise myself like this so freely, if I wouldn't let others?
Closed Thread