Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th November 2012, 02:01

Default Express your Stress .....

Problem shared / problem halved
Better out than in ...... and all that jazz
Old 26th November 2012, 02:20

Default Re: Express you Stress .....

Me = can't sleep

Been to work on late shift, back at work at for 7am Woke up after an hour and have too much wizzing around my head so give up and got out of bed.

Something someone said to me has got to me, about me not wanting to be in charge. It's not that I disagree with what she said..... because no, I don't want to be in charge yet at work, it is the fact she was on leave last week and so it is obvious I have been talked about!

Thing is, I may be very experienced, I might give off the impression that I could easily cope with being in charge.... and I probably could get through the shift and cope ok on the surface. BUT I know it will be of detriment to myself and will stress me out and make me ill. I will start absolutely dreading going to work and I will feel useless and depressed.

I don't want to tell them why I'm not happy to be in charge yet because I don't want to tell them what a bad year I had last year because then I will feel all paranoid and freaky and useless anyway. I don't want to come across as a Drama Queen and I don't want to end up bottling it all up then snapping/exploding at someone and getting in trouble (because it is very likely to be a senior person I snap at and speak my mind)

I feel really shitty now because after hiding away on nights for 10 years,I have tried really hard to get back into working day shifts in a much busier exposed environment. I did all the crying to myself because I didn't want to go to work and got passed that, and I am doing ok (obviously too ok as am being pressured into taking charge) but now I feel like I will have to look for another job, or risk undoing all these last few months hard work by going in to stress overload.

I'm sorry, it's hard to explain why I don't want to be in charge and what it entails as I can't talk about it properly because of confidentiality etc. I just wanted to have a moan about it really to someone who would at least understand ..... sort of..... where I'm coming from

Spose I should just go to bed and try man up.
Old 26th November 2012, 02:25

ho hum..... missed off the 'r'

Don't know how to edit a title, so if anyone can or does ....
Old 26th November 2012, 02:40

Thank you V

I feel weak tbh

I have told my manager that I don't feel confident to take charge, but on the scale of things, there are a lot more senior peeps! To tell them all why would be very paranoia inducing.

I already find it stressfull not being the one in charge.... constantly having to talk to people on phone, constantly having someone calling my name to talk to me, all whilst having to do my main job ......

wish I could explain it better!!

Am gonna go bed and try sleep on it. Think I will take your advice and at least try to talk to my main manager at some point soon. x
Old 26th November 2012, 17:19

cheers VS
Old 12th December 2012, 15:10

Default Re: Express your Stress .....

*Deleted*

Gonna stop whining and just get on with it!!
Old 12th December 2012, 15:41

Mood
Tired

I've left jobs because they wanted me to take on a managerial role, so I can relate.

Really it's not good management to promote people beyond thier comfort level.

Stressed worker = lower productivity/high turnover/poor customer relations etc.

And your not whining - your expressing your concerns, and that is far more healthly than bottling it all up inside (or manning up as some people call it!)
Old 15th December 2012, 11:45

Cheers Lexip

I may have no choice soon as another senior member is leaving and it is in my contract. NVM hopefully will get another job soon!

I'm not adverse to being in a senior position as used to be a senior and a directorate bleep holder ..... just don't want to be yet or where I currently work (Have been there for almost 6 months). And as I returned almost at the bottom of the pay scale ... I don't see why I should be expected to have all that stress?! Maybe I am wrong and is just my mental disposition these days .... who knows?

I agree with the lower productivity, I wouldn't be able to work at my current standard and that would mean going home feeling guilty and depressed.