SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th July 2007, 16:12

Default ever visited a medium?

Personally I am a bit skeptical, but, well who knows...Someone told me the other day that their friend had visited one and been quite shocked by the 'messages' they received.
Old 10th July 2007, 16:16

Mood
Shoveit

Default Re: ever visited a medium?

I think Derren Brown proved it was BS. I wouldn't give them your money.
Old 10th July 2007, 21:23

Mood
Dreaming

I have seen a few, although they haven't given me messages personally. They gave a few messages to people I know though, many things that turned out to be quite accurate.

I'm not too sure what I believe to be honest. I believe in being open minded in all things. I'd have to investigate further myself to discover what I believe. Either way I'm sure there are some out there that are frauds. The question is: are some genuine? The ones I saw were not making any money out of it so they were probably less likely to be frauds, but I don't know.
Old 10th July 2007, 22:55

Mood
Spooky

I saw a few in my teens, was pretty much sucked into that stuff, it's pretty much like religion, false hope & all that (in my opinion).
Old 10th July 2007, 23:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluted
I think Derren Brown proved it was BS. I wouldn't give them your money.
I saw that too, but I don't think he proved anything at all really ... other than it can be faked. Despite this, just because we can prove something can be faked, this does not mean that it always is so.

Personally, I don't think I'd even bother visiting a medium myself. I did do so when I was very much younger and hoping for external answers to life, but these days I'm more interested in working it our myself via experience.

I have my own ideas about what happens when the physical shell dies, so don't really need to look for proof. I don't need messages from the ether to run my own life either, so it would be pointless seeing a medium even if that person was genuine and was gifted in some way.

I also find it a bit strange that people are impressed if a medium tells them something they can varify. Personally, I'd feel robbed if I was told things I already knew.

I'm not criticising mediumship either. I do believe that certain people have a finely tuned intuition and can indeed get information from somewhere. Some have helped the police solve murder cases and find bodies.

The last mediums that I saw actually asked to see me after seeing my photograph. They saw me twice and charged nothing. That was about 20 years ago and I still have the tape recordings of the sessions. Maybe I should listen to them now to see if anything they said has come to pass.
Old 10th July 2007, 23:24

Mood
Worried

I've been to one of them group things before.. Where you all sit in a room and the guy says ''someone here ...Door of their house was red..''..

I wasn't convinced really. The girl in front of me kept putting her hand up and crying and i was sitting there like ''hmm''..

I've got a totally open mind on these things but i have to say from what i saw at that thing i wasnt convinced of anything. But oh well maybe next time. . .
Old 10th July 2007, 23:52

Mood
Cool

I've studied the techniques of mediums and fake mediums for the last few years and i've yet to see any proof that it's real.

Pisses me off though when you get those who are obvious fakes who have reached such a level of popularity that they're almost concidered gods by their followers, Derek Acorah for example.
Closed Thread