SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th November 2003, 18:05
cavycrazy

Default What a frightening day!

We had a terrible shock this afternoon. My brother rang to say that my 2 year old niece Isabel had had a fit and had gone all cold and clammy and they'd had to call an ambulance to rush her to hospital! (Emote: shake)

I've just had a very worrying couple of hours sitting all alone at home waiting for news. Not a nice feeling I can tell you. (Emote: ugone2far) But thank Ra she seems to be ok and the docs said she has a virus. They're keeping her in hospital overnight and hopefully she'll be able to go home tomorrow.

Anyway, I just want to say this:

Get well soon Issy Whizz! I love you sweetheart!
Old 27th November 2003, 18:51
Shawa

Default Re: What a frightening day!

Oh, how scary (Emote: sad)

I wish her well. Some kids have seizures when they get sick and feverish. They outgrow it. I hope its nothing more serious. Hospitals suck!
Old 27th November 2003, 18:58
cavycrazy

Thanks Shawa. The doctors did say that this sort of thing can happen to young children. My mum told me that the same thing happened to me when I was 9 months old. I never knew that until today.
Old 27th November 2003, 19:03
anonymous__laura

I hope she's ok, cavy. It must have been a horrible couple of hours for you.

get well soon little one.

Laura
Old 27th November 2003, 19:08
cavycrazy

Thanks for the get well wishes Laura. It was an horrendous couple of hours that I never want to go through again.
Old 27th November 2003, 22:12
alone_on_earth

Many hugs to Issy Whizz (Emote: smileyellow) I hope that you're okay too cavycrazy, it sounds like it's been a terribly scary day. It's my nephew's fourth birthday today - he's healthy and happy, but I still worry about him every single day and check his tummy is going up and down when he's asleep, etc. Anyway, I hope that everything's okay.
Old 28th November 2003, 12:03
cavycrazy

Thanks alone_on_earth. (Emote: smileyellow) I'm ok now after hearing that she's going to be alright and can come home today.

Happy birthday to your nephew!!! (Emote: birthdaywishes)
Old 1st December 2003, 12:36
cavycrazy

Issy's a lot better now than she was but she has been very lucky. We heard on the news today that another little girl who had a fit has died. (Emote: shake)
Old 1st December 2003, 18:43
Shawa

I'm glad Issy is OK. It's so horrendous to hear about sick babies or babies who die. A few months ago, there was a baby killed in a car accident that was almost the same age as my daughter. And a couple weeks ago a little girl I saw a few times in the mother's group died from a rare degenerative disease. (Emote: sad) It's terrible-what could I possibly say to that mom if I ran into her in the store or something?
Old 1st December 2003, 18:47
cavycrazy

Thanks Shawa.

It is terrible when little ones pass away. (Emote: shake)
Closed Thread