Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th July 2012, 17:52

Mood
Pensive

Default SAUK meets

Hi,

Do many of the over 30, 40's etc go to meets and if so how do you find them, are they mostly younger members of SAUK?

mike
Old 26th July 2012, 18:33

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: SAUK meets

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Hi,

Do many of the over 30, 40's etc go to meets and if so how do you find them, are they mostly younger members of SAUK?

mike
I've been to four and yes we do go, but depends on the meet, i got to activity meets like a museum or something I wouldn't go to one revolving around booze.
Old 26th July 2012, 19:52

Been to a few, I find them pretty good. Usually a mix of ages so haven't really felt too out of place.... yet!!

Was thinking recently of trying to arrange an oldie one in this section, but I know has been tried before (I can't recall them actually happening but I may be wrong) and I'm very bad at trying to arrange meets anyway!!

But yeah, meets are generally a good thing
Old 27th July 2012, 05:05

Where do you live Mike?

I think meeting people is the "cure" but I won't lie and say its easy. It gets easier though.
Old 27th July 2012, 12:18

Mood
Tired

feels like I've been to quite a few meets in the last few years,..

as far as I'm aware, age dosen't seem to be too much of an issue, or a barrier ( from my side anyway )
but I can understand younger people in their twenties etc. maybe feeling out of place or unrepresented if there was a lot of '30-something or 40-somethings at a meet.

I think a lot of us are probably still quite young at heart or perhaps immature for our age anyway due to SA, so perhaps we don't come across too badly at meets.

I've found meets a real help in getting used to going out and am definately beginning to feel a lot more at ease in social situations than I've ever been before.

plus,.. you get to meet people who are perhaps in a similar situation to yourself,.. can't be bad.
Old 30th July 2012, 18:09

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid
...Was thinking recently of trying to arrange an oldie one in this section...
If you ever do, I might just put my name down.

I have been to a few sauk meets before when I first came across sauk, about 12 years ago. Even then I did feel a bit conscious about my age on a couple of occasions but overall I found them beneficial. I think I might feel a bit out of place at a meet full of people in their early twenties.

Not sure how to add a second quote.
The Third Policeman:"Where do you live Mike?" I live in Northwich, I moved here about eight months ago.

I'll have to keep an eye out on the meet section, see if there are any close to me. When I look at the meets being arranged and all the people who say they are going, I can't help wondering how old they all are?
Old 31st July 2012, 08:36

Mood
Bookworm

I don't think anyone under 30 has attended our Chelmsford meets; it's usually 40+.
Old 31st July 2012, 09:53

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by itschris
I don't think anyone under 30 has attended our Chelmsford meets; it's usually 40+.
It's a shame I don't live a bit closer.

It's not that I mind being amongst young people at meets as long as there are a couple of people my own age.