Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th March 2020, 16:12

Mood
Balanced

Default Star Trek: Picard finale and thoughts about season 2

Anyone watch the finale?

What did you think about it?

Will you watch the 2nd season?

How do you think they can improve it or what or who would you like to see in season 2?
Old 28th March 2020, 21:25

Default Re: Star Trek: Picard finale and thoughts about season 2

I thought the finale was the best episode since the pilot,which is sad actually. Probably because it was more based around characters I actually knew at least a bit and cared about- I think in future it could be helpful if they didn't diverge quite as much with so many characters and threads of storylines all over the place. I understand a certain degree of that has to happen in any new show,to introduce the new characters,but this all felt a bit too much too soon and too mangled for a lot of series 1 for me. Either that or it needed to be a longer series so it got to point where all the `introducing` stopped,which this didn't really feel as if it did. I guess I prefer new characters to kind of `sit` for a while,to feel as if you're growing to know them rather than having random back story bits and bobs thrown at you and even then it all feeling rather half-assed. I think it tried to squeeze so much in it actually missed a lot out,for example:

If there's a series 2 can they PLEASE stop bringing back characters from old shows and giving them miserable endings. I don't want to say spoilers here
but my goodness,it actually spoils some of the comfy nostalgia of the older shows a bit for me now I know what hideous or gruesome end awaits various peeps. Here's hoping they let Seven have some decent airtime and end up well

Oh and seeing as they referenced DS12,please let them stop off at DS9 at some point even just for a 2 minute scene so we can get a shot of Morn in the background in Quarks bar,some little easter egg like that anyway.
Old 29th March 2020, 02:53

Mood
Balanced

Thanks for replying GI. Thought there would be more Star Trek fans in the forum. Oh well.

I agree that it was the best show since the pilot but that is more to do with the quality of the other episodes.

Trying to think what it is about Picard that just fells so out of touch of what Star Trek is and really just not a good show in general that just comes off as bad writing.

Late early morning am so can't articulate my thoughts of the series so far, good and bad, but agree on the points you made GI and a Morn cameo would be fantastic.

It was good watching the finale with you in chat GI we should do it again when the season 2 premier starts.
Old 29th March 2020, 03:27

Mood
Sad

I'm a Trek fan but don't have amazon prime so haven't been able to see Picard.
Old 29th March 2020, 06:04

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Percy
I'm a Trek fan but don't have amazon prime so haven't been able to see Picard.
You can watch the pilot on Amazon Prime for free without a prime account. Other than that it is pretty easy to find DL links on the net.
Old 29th March 2020, 10:20

The first episode was so cool and fast paced. A lot happened. Then I thought it was still watchable a few episodes on, but then I found myself forgetting to keep up with it. I haven't seen it for a while. But I do plan on finishing it to see what happens will report back when I have.

My favourite character was Dahj.
Old 3rd May 2020, 11:11

Mood
Tired

Must say,...I have really enjoyed this series,...
But to me, felt more like a really good, long drawn out Next Generation film than anything,

I loved seeing old characters come in and I thought the new characters were actually really well played and likeable,

Can't for the life of me imagine what a series 2 would look like, but my month's free subscription is about to run out anyway, but must say I did enjoy this film/series.

It did sometimes feel like a bit of a convoluted plotline at times, but I think that's just because it was a large sprawling complex story,...

Anyway, I'm glad I stuck with it,..just binge watched it over a few days.