SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st March 2020, 01:19

Default One thing in everyone caused SA in us, or multiple things cause SA in the individual

I've had some great and interesting replys to my last post, I've always thought or looked for one thing in everyone, to try and workout why I became socially anxious, but its more than likely multiple things that cause the same result in each sufferer of SA

There's 75% of the population who can't function in a group, talk, read, even be in a group

5% of these or socially anxiety it passes to getting on buses, using phones, so on,... Why Does This Happen..??
Old 31st March 2020, 12:10

Mood
Mellow

Default Re: One thing in everyone caused SA in us, or multiple things cause SA in the individ

I'm doing CBT at the moment and self-esteem was advanced as a cause.

I can easily identify with low self-esteem but not sure how this may link into physical anxiety, although easier to recognise it in the social context.

Anyway, here was a link I was sent, maybe you may find it useful:

https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Res...lf/Self-Esteem
Old 31st March 2020, 13:41

Default Re: One thing in everyone caused SA in us, or multiple things cause SA in the individ

Thanks Snoo... I've just had a quick glance at it, just going back to it know... Thanks again Tim
Old 31st March 2020, 13:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoo
I'm doing CBT at the moment and self-esteem was advanced as a cause.

I can easily identify with low self-esteem but not sure how this may link into physical anxiety, although easier to recognise it in the social context.

Anyway, here was a link I was sent, maybe you may find it useful:

https://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/Res...lf/Self-Esteem
Could you give examples of situations that cause you physical anxiety?
Old 31st March 2020, 14:09

Thanks for that link Snoo and reply just going to have good read of it? Tim
Old 31st March 2020, 14:12

Yes sorry, phones infront of people mostly, eating infront of people, talking in groups, these are my main three
Old 31st March 2020, 17:52

Mood
Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
Could you give examples of situations that cause you physical anxiety?
Crowded places with no exits tend to be the trigger for me. So stuff like tube trains.

Doesn't happen all the time though, but I tend to avoid any sort of journey like this (especially in the morning). For my regular trip I would take a convoluted route simply because there is not a long stretch underground.

But sometimes physical anxiety creeps up without much explanation. Last year it was quite bad for a couple of weeks, I could not walk too far from my flat without something triggering (I seem to be over this now).
Old 3rd April 2020, 13:18

Hi Snoo thanks for reply, at one time I had difficulty getting on a bus, walking past people in street, even having my hair cut, i can do all these now

Is your CBT working?
Old 3rd April 2020, 13:23

I also can feel perticulary self concius and on edge for no apparent reason, someone once said social anxiety as many faces, it can come on randomly, as situations
It can arise for no apparent reason, and other times you know the reason eg. Having to use a phone around people