SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th May 2015, 22:19

Mood
Cold

Default back pain because i spend most my life sitting on my bed!

its got really severe now! doctors have given me 30mg codein for it. anyone else get aches and pains becaus you dont work and spend most of your time indoors?
Old 28th May 2015, 22:21

Default Re: back pain because i spend most my life sitting on my bed!

I get lower back ache if I'm on my feet more than about 30 mins. Goes away as soon as I sit down again.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:38

I get back ache because of my breasts. I do a lot of yoga though and that helps so much not just with my back but with all my body.
Old 28th May 2015, 22:43

Don't get me started on aches and pains. If I sit in one position for too long my neck and shoulders tend to play up. I get back ache too, I reckon that's because I sleep at a weird twisted angle
Old 28th May 2015, 23:02

I get a lot if pain in my back because of my job and have done for years. I should really go and see an osteopath about it but I'm not sure if you can get that on the NHS or not.
Old 28th May 2015, 23:08

^ I had osteopathy years ago. I found it more beneficial than physiotherapy, which just left me with bruises and didn't do a whole lot else.
Old 28th May 2015, 23:33

Mood
Dead

Swimming really helps with back pains - you should try it if you can swim.
Old 29th May 2015, 03:05

Mood
Fine

I get this, it's really annoying and ruins my squats.

The physio I last saw about my neck said the joints get a build-up of some sort of acid when you stay in one position, and it causes swelling and pain. You gotta get up and move around every half hour or so

Tight/shortend hip flexors from sitting causes an anterior tilt putting extra pressure on the spine, I'm doing these a lot at the moment.

Spinal decompressions are good also.
Old 29th May 2015, 09:11
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandapop
I get back ache because of my breasts. I do a lot of yoga though and that helps so much not just with my back but with all my body.
Same.
I used to do yoga as well (and yoga type exercise) but stopped.

I also used to do the Alexandra technique (though I actually went to see someone rather than on my own). It was amazing for my back and my posture. I could actually feel my neck and vertebrae extend and I went from 5'9" ish to 5'10/11(apparently this is common). It addressed problems/weakness in my legs as well that I wasn't even aware of.
It also weirdly improved my confidence/anxiety to boot. I think the change in my posture, the not looking down etc...
Old 29th May 2015, 16:19

Mood
Fine

Ime prone to a bit of RSI (Repetitive Strain Injury) down my sides if I carry any sort of weight. "on one side" ( if you know what I mean). It was caused by lugging about too many heavy bags/sacks in a job I had a few years back.

Its not a serious issue , but I do have to spread the weight evenly if I lift anything nowadays.
Old 29th May 2015, 18:11

Mood
Breezy

I get back pain if I spend too long in bed but sitting is my biggest bugbear. I get really tight hips which then puts a lot of strain on my lower back. A few years back I literally went every day not being able to stand up straight in the morning. I was only in my mid thirties but I felt like an old man. Had to be prescribed long lasting anti-inflammatories just so I could wake up with no stiffness.

But I found that doing regular mobility exercise and stretching really helped and I wake up pretty much symptom free and no longer need the meds. I used to have all too regular episodes of chronic back pain that could leave me pretty much immobilised sometimes for days at a time but thankfully with the self - therapy work that's much less frequent now. I can get out of back spasms much more easily as well.