SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th August 2020, 04:53

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azalea
Some neighbours just don't care, we had some who would stand at their back door at all hours smoking and coughing so we couldn't leave bedroom windows open at night. If I forgot they would wake one or more of the kids up and once my kids woke there was no going back to sleep
Ugh some people are just thoughtless. These same ones of mine used to sit outside every summer morning about 5:30ish by their fence, which is right under my bedroom window, smoking like chimneys. Granted I do detest the smell anyway but I've honestly been woken up coughing before now from getting such a face full- luckily they moved their putting-the-world-to-rights area to the far end of their garden so that resolved itself.
Old 16th August 2020, 14:29

Mood
Pensive

^
I'd have been tempted to chuck a bucket of wee over them then say "oh sorry didn't see you there"
Old 16th August 2020, 21:30

Billy bonus!
Old 16th August 2020, 21:34
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

15 years on medication for anxiety and depression, my brain must resemble a shrivelled up prune.
Old 17th August 2020, 11:16

^ well thank gawd for SAUK Also, where did that time go?
Old 17th August 2020, 12:01

Mood
Gloomy

thinking about going into town to get food but keep putting it off.
Old 17th August 2020, 19:55

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamonD
Thinking about how i wish i could go deaf just for one bloody day of peace. Does anyone else feel tortured by noise?
I felt pretty tortured by noise from 1-3pm this afternoon owing to multiple Power Drills being used almost continuously somewhere in the building I live in!

Lets hope this doesnt happen tomorrow too
Old 17th August 2020, 19:58

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamonD
Thinking about how i wish i could go deaf just for one bloody day of peace. Does anyone else feel tortured by noise?
Do you have noise cancelling headphones? Apparently they can really help.
Old 18th August 2020, 00:19

^ Are you above, below or to the side of her? Is it usually late evening?
Old 18th August 2020, 02:45

^ Kooky, some people are just thoughtless aren't they. That and/or thick as youknowwhat.
Old 18th August 2020, 05:22

Been trying to get a bit more...well, educated would be overselling it but `aware` maybe of classical music, with some `classical music for beginners` playlists and I have to say- so far,not enjoying good old Beethoven. Maybe it's an acquired taste (which doesn't bode well, don't think I've ever managed to acquire one).
Old 18th August 2020, 05:36

Pretty sunrise again
Old 18th August 2020, 10:30

Hopefully the bathroom should be finished today. Dave the painter & decorator has made an appearance - we're in good hands!

I can finally set my alarm for a more reasonable time to wake tomorrow.
Old 18th August 2020, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
I'm partially above her. She does it at all times of the day tbh (it's still going on). The woman never seems to sleep.
Oh, above wouldn't be so bad as below i should think. Still, pain in the arse.
Old 19th August 2020, 12:46

Mood
Gloomy

negative thinking.
Old 19th August 2020, 12:59

^Sod that off, try and stay positive if you can, I know it's easier said than done some days
Old 19th August 2020, 13:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well I've gone and done it now. I have informed/emailed the landlord about the drugs raid and cannabis farm also complained about the noise after sat nights issues and last night - loud gaming from 10pm - midnight then really extreme gaming noise (flooding my entire flat) from midnight to nearly 1am.
Also (because there a new landlord), gave them a run down on the history of my complaints, the intimidation and him being tipped off previously.

Depending on if there bothered by him growing cannabis the shit may be about to hit the fan.

Last night pushed me right over the edge though.
Old 19th August 2020, 14:06
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Really feel like going out for a walk or drive but it is chucking it down with rain
Old 19th August 2020, 15:13

Mood
Cynical

^^^ Good! He can't possibly think that the Landlord wouldn't find out about the police involvement anyway, if the police hadn't informed them about it someone else would have. He has to face the consequences of his actions.
Old 19th August 2020, 17:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raks1981
^^ good on you Mo34! The guy has no respect for you, so why should have any for him. He deserves to be informed on. The new landlord might be less tolerant to bullshit, if he himself has had bad experience with troublesome tenants

Well we'll see, the landlord is a company rather than an individual - which has pros and cons. He does seem to have 109 lives though the little rat bag. Though I guess that's thanks to mummy. She was round earlier with costa coffees and when she was leaving he got his washing out her boot and she slipped him some money. : If I had been caught growing cannabis, drug dealing and assaulting ppl my parents would have knocked me into next week - she just carry's on rewarding the little scumbag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^^ Good! He can't possibly think that the Landlord wouldn't find out about the police involvement anyway, if the police hadn't informed them about it someone else would have. He has to face the consequences of his actions.
Yeah I guess, though most ppl round here just seem to keep there mouths shut and look the other way. Although as were tucked away from the road a lot of the other neighbours probably don't know whats been going on.

I hope he does have to face the consequences but these days demorolisingly no body seems to.
Old 20th August 2020, 02:18

^ I really hope he does Mo

Oh boy I watched an episode of a show with a lot of sad death goodbyes...to quote Pretty Woman "big mistake...HUGE"
Old 20th August 2020, 21:39

Was thinking of beginning a booze-free period from this weekend but having no break in the bored-to-tears monotony of my life isn't looking a good prospect.
Old 20th August 2020, 21:40
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
^ I really hope he does Mo

Oh boy I watched an episode of a show with a lot of sad death goodbyes...to quote Pretty Woman "big mistake...HUGE"
Thanks GI
Old 21st August 2020, 10:33

Mood
Pensive

Why things can't be simple.
I need a lift home from my son as trains are too risky, got his car MOT'd and the bonnet catch just broke as he checked his oil and water.
There's no way he can drive 90 miles each way with a broken bonnet catch so now I have to see if his brother will do it, the one who hates driving and is almost as anxious as me.
Old 21st August 2020, 13:22

Mood
Dreaming

Mulling over/considering volunteering from home in some capacity, but even that requires making choices and decisions along with articulating said choices and decisions when communication in general in itself right now is not the easiest.
Hiding on my sofa armed with a jar of nutella and a spoon is much more appealling.
Old 21st August 2020, 14:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

well blow me down with a sledgehammer.

Got an email this morning from landlord company, whole different attitude than the last!! Very interested and thanked me for all the info. Apologised for what I've had to put up with, told me that the previous landlord company didn't bother passing on any previous or ongoing complaints. So all of what I've told them is brand new to them. Told me that they agreed I shouldn't be the one that should move (I told them I had put myself on the local housing register on medical grounds) but that if I felt like moving they would help facilitate a transfer to one of there other properties if I so wished. I should hear from a local service manager within 2 working days who will conduct an investigation.

I had to read the damn thing 3 times!! I guess cause police are now involved and there has been illegal activity on the property there taking it more seriously, but still, the last landlord never responded so positively!!

Its so nice as well feeling able to complain knowing that my complaints arnt being intercepted by arseholes mother. He had that tied up so nicely really when you think about it :

So whilst I don't know what they can do or if things will work out I do feel better that I'm being heard. Had extreme gaming noise yet again last night so something needs to be done.

Also got an email from the village wardens saying well done for complaining and telling them abt the drugs raid etc.. he thinks its for the best in the long run.

Never been so happy to have had a change of landlord. Had this been last year I would have got nowhere.

Old 21st August 2020, 16:14
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^ Yeah you could be right there. I realise that it can be a very long process evicting someone, esp as his mum is quite savvy in that respect - I would assume she will fight it.
As it goes he might not be evicted just pushed to behave and be quiet. I really don't know. The best outcome for me would be him doing a lengthy sentence in jail.

I wouldn't mind a transfer but it depends if it would be locally - i now have a job/permitted work in this area, I've just accessed mh help through the ATS which has taken years. Plus there's the animal sanctuaries i work/volunteer for. Still it doesn't hurt to enquire....
Old 21st August 2020, 17:41

It's a great shame that someone can be a **** for so long and have no comeuppance.

Great news about the possible transfer though - not so good for the person who takes your place if he remains there for any length of time
Old 21st August 2020, 19:21
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I know

Yeah - could be good news depending on where and what they offer me. But yeah some poor sod will have to put up with him if I do go. Though at least the landlord is more aware.
Old 21st August 2020, 19:45

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
^^ Yeah you could be right there. I realise that it can be a very long process evicting someone, esp as his mum is quite savvy in that respect - I would assume she will fight it.
As it goes he might not be evicted just pushed to behave and be quiet. I really don't know. The best outcome for me would be him doing a lengthy sentence in jail.

I wouldn't mind a transfer but it depends if it would be locally - i now have a job/permitted work in this area, I've just accessed mh help through the ATS which has taken years. Plus there's the animal sanctuaries i work/volunteer for. Still it doesn't hurt to enquire....
Great news about the response from the new landlords
If the guy has previous convictions he might be more likely to get a prison sentence, here's hoping. Even if not, I'm thinking growing enough drugs in a flat to warrant police involvement must be grounds for eviction.