SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 23rd April 2014, 18:19

Default Bipolar with sa

I'll keep this short,

Anybody have experience with bipolar and sa? Is it common to have both?

I was diagnosed with bipolar 2-3 years ago but I don't think i have it, I feel more like I have sa (though I wouldn't like to say for sure until I've seen a doctor)

So I'm curious as to whether I might just have sa without the bipolar, or maybe bipolar can have big elements of sa? Or if I possibly have both.

I would be greatful for any input, thanks.

Last edited by Frog; 23rd April 2014 at 19:30. Reason: Incorrect wording
Old 3rd May 2014, 19:31

Default Re: Bipolar with sa

as I understand it there is bipolar II which is less pronounced as bipolar I.
Old 8th May 2014, 18:12

Thank you all for responses.

It is very difficult to know whether a diagnoses is correct or not.
I've never really believed I have bipolar and it hasn't helped having my family/boyfriend also tell me there's nothing wrong with me and I don't have it, this also leads to ALOT of pressure over getting a job (which I would LOVE to do) but feel the SA is holding me back on.

AuroraSky, can I ask how long after stopping meds you ended up in hospital? I stopped meds maybe 4 months ago and I think I'm doing fine, just have anxiety/SA.
Also, do you find social situation overwhelming?
I find even spending a weekend with family starts to make me feel overwhelmed/irritable/over exposed etc but I love my family and I do love spending time with them. Is that a bipolar thing or?

Sorry if I'm not being particularly clear, I'm just incredibly confused and impatient about wanting to get better and get myself a life.

Thanks.
Old 9th May 2014, 21:02

Mood
Lucky

My boyfriend is bipolar II and I love him to pieces. That's not to say I don't find his ways frustrating. It is insanely hard. You need to find something beyond their illness to love or you're never going to last.