SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st April 2018, 16:10

Default Booked a holiday

I'm so excited. Booked a 2 week holiday to Rhodes in May.

Not sure what the temperature or culture will be like. Anyone been and can give me their experience....
Old 2nd April 2018, 08:56

Default Re: Booked a holiday

I've not been to Rhodes, although I am thinking of visiting the Greek mainland in the not-too-distant future (I've always wanted to see Athens); however, I think if I were to visit Rhodes, May would be the optimum time as temperatures shouldn't drop below 20 Celsius by day or 17 by night (it should be 25+ for a lot of the time) with little chance of rain. I know it can reach 40 Celsius or more in July and August, which would be too much for me.

Being a holiday resort, it should have some decent beaches for those who enjoy that sort of thing; I would also imagine there are boat trips to other islands or the mainland available. Of course, as someone who likes old relics (being one myself), when I think of Rhodes, I think of the Colossus of Rhodes and although that is long-gone, I do believe there are still sites of archaeological interest from the Classical Greek, Roman and Byzantine eras - so in short, it short have something for everyone.
Old 5th April 2018, 16:57

I haven't been to Rhodes but I went to the island of Kos in May a few years ago. The temperature was just nice. Summer wear but then not too hot to keep covered with a little cardie or shawl. A bit chilly in the evening if the wind picked up. The sea was really cold though, it took my breath away if a wave hit me, but it warmed up after a while. The local people there were lovely, I imagine it will be similar in Rhodes, very dependendant on tourism.

Hope you have a lovely time and don't forget sunscreen
Old 13th May 2018, 12:30

Only less than a week to go now. Suitcase packed but why is that always so difficult...not to take half my flat....

With everything negative that's happened at work recently will be good to get away and get a bit of perspective...
Old 14th May 2018, 17:08

Mood
Bashful

Nice
Old 15th May 2018, 12:46

Hope you have a nice time. Are you holidaying alone? It takes some stones to do that in an unfamiliar place, especially when most people are with someone else.
Old 16th May 2018, 20:52

No I'm going with my partner of 8 years, actually I can be a loner at times, but I wouldn't enjoy a holiday alone, its only really enjoyable when there is someone to have a nice time with,....