SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th December 2006, 01:16

Mood
Sleepy

Default Dont watch much tv

Erm didnt really know where to post this. I dont watch much tv or listen to the radio much. It kind of makes me feel a bit out of the loop and out of date. It seems that people can spend alot of time talking about modern music and tv programmes and stuff. I dunno it feels like i am missing out. Am i?
Old 27th December 2006, 01:23

Default Re: Dont watch much tv

I'm the same, I watch the occasional comedy shows but thats about it. Cant be doing with much else. As far music goes, I love music but I'd say my taste is pretty random and often too obscure to talk about with most people.
Old 27th December 2006, 01:39

well i watch alot of tv and listen to the radio alot and some ppl i talk to havent even hurd of it so your not the only one and you arent missing out on alot most tv is rubbish nowadays and the radio plays music untill its dead
Old 27th December 2006, 08:47

Smile Re: Dont watch much tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit
Erm didnt really know where to post this. I dont watch much tv or listen to the radio much. It kind of makes me feel a bit out of the loop and out of date. It seems that people can spend alot of time talking about modern music and tv programmes and stuff. I dunno it feels like i am missing out. Am i?
No most TV is total rubbish and the thing I've noticed about TV is that very soon after I have watched a program I forget almost everything about it and if someone said to me 3 weeks later did you see X show and what happened, I would know I'd watched it but would have forgotten almost everything about it. Whereas when I read books I remember what happened for ages.

Also, if you have things to talk about that other people are interested in but that they do not know much about, like a sport you do or a book you've read, then they will probably be far more interested than if you talk about some TV show that they have already seen.
Old 27th December 2006, 12:55
CaughtByTheFuzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit
Most of the stuff on TV is crap so you're not missing out on all that much. I do prefer to be in the loop than out of it though.

If you want to start listening to more radio, listen to Down The Line on Radio 4. It's funny :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/
Old 27th December 2006, 14:30

Mood
Sleepy

Thanks for replies all :D

I think i may get a little tv for my room so i can chuck it on when im surfin. Also maybe a little radio alarm clock thingy for next to my bed so i get up to the sound of music instead of my bleeping phone.

i shall have to check it out fuzz.

again - thanks all .Darren
Old 27th December 2006, 21:15

i dont watch much tv, usually only footy or american football when its on, and NEIGHBOURS of course, cant miss that. i dont watch all these rubbish talent shows like celebrity pop factor or whatever its called, tv is rubbish these days. i just stick my headphones on or read a good book
Old 27th December 2006, 21:26

I love watching TV! I love Eastenders and all the soaps, plus comedy shows and of course Most Haunted. As i dont go out often its a nice way to relax and stops me feeling sorry for myself or having negative thoughts!!
Old 27th December 2006, 21:51

i dont watch tv but ill usually stick a dvd on to cheer myself up, seinfeld or the simpsons usually does the trick
Old 27th December 2006, 22:59

Mood
Worried

Dude, we're all into what we're into. Its a personal choice not to watch telly.

I dont watch as much as i used to watch purely cause ive seen all the shows before (unless theres a good music documentary or movie on..)..

Don't stress about it.
Old 28th December 2006, 12:21

I watch some TV, but almost never listen to the radio, unless someone puts the radio on in the car or it's already on at someone's house.

On TV I only really like comedy like Never Mind the Buzzcocks or QI or drama like Casualty, and for at least two evenings a week, I don't even bother switching the TV on at all unless it's to play a console game or watch a DVD.

I would definitely agree with ShyDoll, if there's nothing that interests you on the TV or radio, then why watch/listen?
Closed Thread