SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st December 2010, 12:01

Default What is the worst thing someone has ever said to you?

I think the worst thing someone has said to me was once when I was coming out of a shopping centre with a friend and this women who was working for a company comes up and says "excuse me I'm doing a survey about people who look a bit strange, do you have a minute". Not being funny but I hope that women burns in hell.

Whats the worst thing anyone has ever said to you?
Old 1st December 2010, 12:12

Default Re: What is the worst thing someone has ever said to you?

I think thats absolutely appalling. Not just the woman but the company she worked for too.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:15

Mood
Mellow

That's dreadful!
Old 1st December 2010, 12:17

Mood
Tired

you've got to be joking,...that must've been a wind-up,..
think fast and come up with a reply,..it's often best for diffusing the tension.
" I take it you've already looked in the fu#*ing mirror then luv, is that why they picked you to do the survey?" springs to mind.
but this way it can often get increasingly worse and the anger may build from what it was,..
I know it's always better to keep your cool and not get angry, but sometimes you can't pass these things by.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:21

Mood
Lurking

How damn rude!!!!! Did you tell her off? What a cow!!

The worst thing ever said to me was "I have never loved you" cut right through me like knife. I had been used for years. Still bothers me now.
Old 1st December 2010, 12:24

That I need to be put down and all I was good for was sex.

Oh, and ugly bitch.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuffie
How damn rude!!!!! Did you tell her off? What a cow!!
No me and my friend just walked past her pretending to ignore her, but the damage was already done.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:28

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfan
No me and my friend just walked past her pretending to ignore her, but the damage was already done.

I wish i'd been there, what the hell is wrong with these people? Don't take what she said on board she was a bonafide idiot.
Old 1st December 2010, 13:43
Banned (at own request)

id have said " i presume youv'e took it yourself then ? "

what a terrible thing to say
Old 1st December 2010, 14:31

Mood
Insomnious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry302199
you've got to be joking,...that must've been a wind-up,..
think fast and come up with a reply,..it's often best for diffusing the tension.
" I take it you've already looked in the fu#*ing mirror then luv, is that why they picked you to do the survey?" springs to mind.
but this way it can often get increasingly worse and the anger may build from what it was,..
I know it's always better to keep your cool and not get angry, but sometimes you can't pass these things by.
Urghh, I always look for ways to respond to people who say horrible things to me, but once I'm faced with the actual situation I just freeze up. It's just not natural for someone with SA to come up with a quick, witty response.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:34

Mood
Paranoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandelion10
That I need to be put down and all I was good for was sex.

Oh, and ugly bitch.
You're not ugly
Old 1st December 2010, 14:47

Mood
Curious

My ex boyfriend used to tell me I was stupid every time we argued. That stung, because i'm on an academic career path and spend a lot of time worrying about not being good enough.
Old 1st December 2010, 14:54
Banned (at own request)

ok i'll put some

" you ugly b*****d"

" no wonder your parents kicked you out when you were little"

" i hate you (spits in my face) "

" your a waste of space"

" i love you but i do NOT like you" (mum in a therapy session when i was little)

"**** off and die you ugly c*** "

" your s*** in bed and your (hmm hmmm ) is little "

" you will mount to nothing because your a useless waste of space" (teacher at school)

" you will never have a girlfriend and keep one " (so true)

" good luck in life , you will need it"

" your just plain horrible and should come with a warning sticker "

the list is endless..................
Old 1st December 2010, 15:05

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladicius
Urghh, I always look for ways to respond to people who say horrible things to me, but once I'm faced with the actual situation I just freeze up. It's just not natural for someone with SA to come up with a quick, witty response.
often, my anger will force me to come up with something adequate,..
but often, it will be rubbish,...and I suppose the more detached one is, the easier a reply will be, and the angrier one is, the more you'll trip over your words.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:16

Mood
Doubtful

Im not gona say exactly what they said, but a bunch of guys on the street one night basically picked out every single visible flaw and verbally slaughtered me. People are very shallow. Im glad iv started to realise that what you look like is not a good indicator of whether you're a worthy person or not. Those guys were absolute cockroaches, and the girl that spoke to you like that should have her head boiled Im sure that there's people out there who would like the way you look anyway.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl-31
" i love you but i do NOT like you" (mum in a therapy session when i was little)
My mum said that to me when I was a kid too.
I mean, wtf?!
I have spent an inordinate amount of time since pondering what exactly is meant by it, and if its an ok thing to have said or not. I'm still not really sure
I'm going to assume they heard this phrase in some movie or on tv and it became the 'thing to say' to your problematic child or something. My parents totally missed the point that I had no confidence and was scared all the time, and just refer to me as having been a 'horrible child'

That's certainly not the worst thing anyone has ever said to me (don't even want to go there), but its one of the things that has stayed with me the longest.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:33

Mood
Spaced

'I don't think she's even really human' - said about me, not to me, but it being behind my back made it worse. Especially as it was said by my then boyfriend of 4.5 years

Also being mistaken for a boy when I was little really stuck with me, it wasn't done with malice but that means I don't have the rationalisation of thinking they only said it to hurt me, it was genuinely true.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:37
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
My mum said that to me when I was a kid too.
I mean, wtf?!
I have spent an inordinate amount of time since pondering what exactly is meant by it, and if its an ok thing to have said or not. I'm still not really sure
I'm going to assume they heard this phrase in some movie or on tv and it became the 'thing to say' to your problematic child or something. My parents totally missed the point that I had no confidence and was scared all the time, and just refer to me as having been a 'horrible child'

That's certainly not the worst thing anyone has ever said to me (don't even want to go there), but its one of the things that has stayed with me the longest.
it certainly stuck with me . The look on her face as she said it too. One of those ,look down in disgust faces. Me and mum are friends now , as she admitted doing me very wrong and has tried to make up for it ever since, but i will never forget that.

i guess i figured if my own mum doesn't like me , how could anyone else?

Same this end to. My parents never even for once thought , hey maybe hes ill or this is early onset of some disorder. Nor did it occur to them that seeing the things i saw might just be a tad unhealthy for a 5-6 year old child to see .

No i was just a ghastly horrible devil child that had to be put in homes
Old 1st December 2010, 15:43

Not said directly to me, but an ex-teacher told the other kids not to associate with me because I was posessed by the devil - true story.
Old 1st December 2010, 15:51

abuse from random strangers shouldn't really be taken seriously but it's sad to read the stuff said by people who meant something to the posters. Never mind, Fatty loves ya!
Old 1st December 2010, 16:06

Mood
Shoveit

Random selection:

Wow you're ugly, sorry (my best friend said this - I think the sorry part hurt the most)

You're so pale and sickly looking - you're going to die young (kid sitting next to me at school)

You'll never get a girlfriend, you'll have to go gay - kid at school

I thought you said boys from that school were good looking /laughs - two passing girls in high street

Omg you're such a ****ing freak - workmate who I dared to call balding after he said I was going grey

Woah that's the ugliest kid I've ever seen - 6th former to me as a 1st year at school

Loads more but these stuck in the memory. Another workmate's nickname for me was freak
Old 1st December 2010, 16:51

this thread has brought back some crappy memories
Old 1st December 2010, 16:55

Mood
Breezy

Being told "You're quiet" in front of people. What can I say? I've been told many awful things but the worst is from a nurse at hospital while I was having PND, she said "There's something about the way you communicate, and it's not pleasant." I told her that was why I'm so quiet and she walked off.
Old 1st December 2010, 16:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseKisses
Being told "You're quiet" in front of people. What can I say? I've been told many awful things but the worst is from a nurse while having PND, she said "There's something about the way you communicate, and it's not pleasant." I told her that was why I'm so quiet and she walked off.
ouch. what's PND?
Old 1st December 2010, 17:03

Mood
Breezy

post natal depression.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:04
Banned

i can't think of anything either that means no one has ever said anything or i've got a remarkable way of blocking out things like this. i also think it might be something to do with me being a stroppy bastard my whole life with a mean temper. you wouldn't prod an angry vicious dog with a pointy stick would you.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:16

Quote:
The look on her face as she said it too. One of those ,look down in disgust faces. Me and mum are friends now , as she admitted doing me very wrong and has tried to make up for it ever since, but i will never forget that.
Yeah, same. I get on pretty good with my parents on the whole, but things like that are impossible to forget. I'm pretty good at blocking stuff out too, but I've never forgotten that, it really hurt.

Quote:
i guess i figured if my own mum doesn't like me , how could anyone else?
That's exactly how I felt too. Awesome mum, thanks . And they wonder why I am (a) bitter and (b) afraid of people.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseKisses
Being told "You're quiet" in front of people. What can I say? I've been told many awful things but the worst is from a nurse at hospital while I was having PND, she said "There's something about the way you communicate, and it's not pleasant." I told her that was why I'm so quiet and she walked off.
Nurses can be ever so rude (not all of them obviously!) - that's such a callous thing to say.
Old 1st December 2010, 17:57

Mood
Spaced

Ugh, I got upset in a session with a CPN once because yet again a referral I really needed hadn't been done or even looked at and she said 'what are you crying over, you cry at everything, just stop it'.

Yeah I literally ran away and didn't stop until I was a good 5 minutes away from the place.

They then blamed me for it and didn't send me any appointments for like 6 months. CMHT for the win
Old 1st December 2010, 17:58
Banned (at own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastra
Ugh, I got upset in a session with a CPN once and she said 'what are you crying over, you cry at everything, just stop it'.
they should be sacked
Closed Thread