Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th April 2015, 15:55

Mood
Relaxed

Default Thorpe Park

(Went somewhere busy for the day by myself, never done it before. It was a success.)

Gone
Old 17th April 2015, 19:00

Mood
Blah

Default Re: Thorpe Park

What a fantastic achievement Oddity! I'm in complete awe of you after reading that I wouldn't call what you described on your day out as a failed meetup at all!!! Nothing about your day could be classed as a failure even if your original intention was to meet up with other people (I wasn't sure whether you intended to meet others or not).

What a great post and experience for you.
Old 17th April 2015, 19:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Wow oddity! That's quite an achievement. Well done for sticking it out and having a great day!
I'm the same tiredness seems to lessen my sa but even if I was exhausted I'm not sure I could have pushed myself through Thorpe Park on my own. Kudos to you.
Old 18th April 2015, 13:51

Mood
Relaxed

Thank you both I still feel surprised I did it. Even my father was surprised I wasn't still in bed when he woke up - even though he is very supportive, he said after he didn't really think I'd go.

I definitely wanted to meet others, but didn't think it'd be many as the thread was a bit quiet. I hope my enthusiasm didn't put anyone off

It's opened up whole load of opportunities, I hope. The next challenge is to attend a meet where I haven't been before
Old 20th April 2015, 01:53

Mood
Relaxed

Perhaps "failed meetup" was the wrong way to describe it. It's just that I literally failed to actually meet up with anyone, the rest was a success

I hope no-one that was planning to go feels bad reading this! I knew it was a possibility that I'd be going alone, it's SA after all

That looks scary for the wrong reasons CaveGirl! It was standing for nearly 70 years!
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:16

Mood
Breezy

Hi there

Can I just say ... that was an AMAZING achievement and you should be VERY proud of yourself.
I was in awe as I read your post!!!

I think most people without SA would struggle to do what you did, it was so brave.

Great stuff matey!
Old 22nd April 2015, 20:43

I love Thorpe what you go on
Old 23rd April 2015, 18:25

Mood
Relaxed

Thank you Purple Lightning. But like I said, I'd been there before, and taken the train/bus before, just never alone.

I want to try it again, just not in the dream state that it felt like, with a reasonable amount of sleep The park is very quiet at the moment on week days, I might try soon, may be even with an annual pass as my friend and brother want to go in May.

chrisv, I went on SAW 4x, Colossus 3x (one front; not worth the wait!), Stealth 2x at the front, The Swarm 2x forward and backward, and Inferno once because it was on one train. The X queue wasn't moving so I didn't bother with that, and went on Rush twice as well. I must try more small rides.
Old 6th May 2015, 00:55

Hi Oddity, yes it was very quiet when went so made the most of it went on all the big rids several times. last year did a 5 day round trip started at oakwood then Blackpool then Alton for 2 days then one day at thorp(smiler is very good also). Swarm or smiler tought choice!
Old 7th May 2015, 00:17

Mood
Relaxed

Thanks Rachel (sorry for seeming rude, didn't realise anyone had replied ).

That sounds like my kind of holiday Chris! Never been to Alton, hoping to go this summer with a friend . I seem to be in the minority when it come to Swarm, it's a beautiful ride but feels too tame for me, I like it rough
Old 8th May 2015, 21:14

It was a nice time, but what next!!!!
Old 9th May 2015, 03:39

Mood
Relaxed

'murica, of course!