SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 5th February 2005, 02:53
neilbrown

Default Hypnotherapy

As a New Years Resolution I (almost) convinced myself to seek help. Has anyone else tried this ?
Old 5th February 2005, 11:36
givusabud

Default Re: Hypnotherapy

Yes mate i had about 10 sessions a few years ago....i can honestly say while i was "under" it was the most relaxed feeling ive ever experienced and it was almost worth the money just to lie there with every muscle in my body stress free....normally i cant physically relax at all and my back, shoulder and neck muscles are so tense i have a lot of pains and aches in those areas
Just be careful though because there are a lot of charlatans out there and it was my 3rd try before i found the right hypnotherapist.....as i say it was an incredibly relaxing feeling but that was all it did for me and i think you'll find that to be the case with most people on here because it doesnt really do anything for sa although i know there are some members who would recommend self hypnosis (and it would be a lot cheaper !)
If you want to know what its like to feel completely relaxed, go for it.....if you want it to decrease your anxiety levels i wouldnt get your hopes up too much
Let us know how you get on

bud
Old 5th February 2005, 15:59
curiousfaerie

I had positive experiences with it last year and would certainly recommend it, it doesn't (in my opinion) work miracles but as bud said it can be deeply, deeply relaxing and for me at least, got me through a bad patch before I was assigned a regular therapist. Asking about self-esteem work as opposed to anxiety might be a good idea. Self-hypnosis and meditation are what I prefer to practice now.

Bud is also correct to mention the charlatans, you can avoid that by going for a hypnotherapist who is registered with and regulated by a council or organisation. They have ethical standards to adhere to. I can probably find weblinks for you if you can't locate a therapist yourself, PM me if you want me to tell you anything else (Emote: smile)

Hypnotists are a whole other kettle of fish, and as I'm sure you appreciate, should be avoided like the plague.

[1 edits; Last edit by curiousfaerie at 16:01:55 Sat Feb 5 2005]
Old 5th February 2005, 16:18
givusabud

Quote:
Quote: Curious
I had positive experiences with it last year and would certainly recommend it

There you go mate.....maybe it will help you too (Emote: smileyellow).....i meant to say that i basically went to him for help with my blushing because he said he could plant subliminal thoughts in my sub-conscious mind but the more i think about it the more i blush about how dumb i was to believe it !! (Emote: embarrassed)

bud
Old 7th February 2005, 18:15
com234

I found some self hypnosis mp3s on the net, aimed to boost confidence. And you know what it did work. I listened to this stuff for about 30 minutes, imediately after I felt really full of myself and confident. Unfortunately I was back to normal after a couple of days, but I am going to repeat this trance every few days.

Downloading the mp3s is proably very illegal though (Emote: sad)
Old 12th February 2005, 03:20
neilbrown

Thanks for the advice people. I think I will proceed with hypnotherapy. I live in a pretty closed community, any charlatans or fakes would have been ousted and the therapist I am considering is definitely registered with a recognised organisation.

Now all I have to do is arrange a session. I wrote a letter at the beginning of the year but haven't printed or sent it yet (Emote: sad)
Old 16th March 2005, 10:46
Treebeard

Yeah I second that, forget tablets guys, because we don't have a medical condition! Transcendental Meditaion, which is transcending into a deep state of conciousness. I do 30 mins morning and eve, you recite one word (a mantra) it is so much better and I know it works because of others I know with Anxiety who have tried it. That's not to say it just goes because it doesn't, I also use Cognitive techniques and these together help so much.
Old 1st April 2005, 12:21
Cedric

I found hypnotherapy incredibly useful. I was having problems at work because of having to make presentations - you can imagine the rest.

I used this site to find a safe hypnotherapist :

http://www.nrhp.co.uk

I've also used a CD from this site, which was pretty inexpensive and it's given me good regular 'top-ups' :

http://www.confidenceclub.net/conten...confidence.php
Closed Thread