SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2016, 23:27

Mood
Crappy

Default Applying for a job

I'm hopefully going to graduate in June with an honours degree in Geography. I have discovered a graduate job in the city as a researcher for Nationwide. I have lots of experience in research.

I have many part time jobs including three in retail and one in an office. The retail jobs I found pretty overwhelming. A lot of interaction with customers and fellow staff which made me feel pretty anxious. The office was slightly better. I felt considerably less anxious here as most of the work was behind a computer with not too much interaction.

This research job sounds like it may be more like this. A lot of time spent working on my own which I would prefer.

What do others think? Is research something which is quite good for S.A sufferers?
Old 19th April 2016, 10:24

Default Re: Applying for a job

It probably depends on the kind of research you're doing. Some research involves interacting with the general public so I'd read the job description carefully.

Also, I think jobs are very subjective to the organisation, region etc. My job involves working with the general public and I know I may not cope so well with it if I worked in a different branch etc.

If I were you, I'd apply for the job and if you get invited to interview you'll get a better idea of whether it's a right fit. And don't forget that if you do get the job and it's not for you, then that's okay.