SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 12th March 2007, 16:26

Angry Blinking site!!!!

Can somebody please tell me why this site sometimes runs really slow and sometimes cant load the site in at all, when all other sites i have no problems with.
I have just spent 10 minutes on a PM and when i went to send it, I got the usual white page with this page cannot be displayed, so frustrating as the PM is now lost and i have to write it all out again.argh!!!!
I seem to get this white page alot (only with this site) and it's not my computer as it is a good one with fast Broadband.
Sorry i now it's not you mods fault, just so frustrating as now i have to write my PM again and really dont feel like it.
Anyway rant over.
Old 12th March 2007, 16:57

Default Re: Blinking site!!!!

Yeah, i can relate to that. I recently wrote a long pm which got lost in the same way and it's so bloody annoying.
I now type a message as a new email, then copy and paste it into the pm box. I have to do that because i don't seem to have the facility to copy a pm...the only option i get when i right click is "copy background" which doesn't do anything
Old 12th March 2007, 20:11
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Can I ask: have you always had these problems, or is it something that has only manifested itself recently?
Old 12th March 2007, 20:14

iv had this a few times not much thought only like three or four times since i started using it.
Old 12th March 2007, 20:28

Mood
Worried

When you type a post can't you go back? I've had to do that before and send the message again but not know if ive sent it already lol. I usually end up putting an extra bit at the end like ''sorry if you got this twice!'' =p
Old 14th March 2007, 02:28

I've had a wee bit of weirdness too - possibly a Firefox issue. If I don't submit a post pretty quickly after beginning it, when I eventually get around to submitting, I find I'm dumped out of the site. On logging back in I've generally lost whatever I'd been typing.

I've only really noticed it with Firefox, mind you...
Old 14th March 2007, 11:23
Founder

argenti-do you use the 'remember me' tick box when you log in? If not, then depending on your cookie settings, you can get logged out. It also is very common with AOL users.

As far as the general question, we are on a shared server which means other sites share our computer resources. If one of them does something major it slows us down. I haven't seen much of a problem recently but if this is happening a lot, I can ask our host to investigate as there might be a problem on one of the other sites.

giveusabud, I think you have to highlight the text in a PM and then copy, rather than right click.
Anne
Old 14th March 2007, 11:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultus
Can I ask: have you always had these problems, or is it something that has only manifested itself recently?
It has only really been in the last 2 months or so and before hand was okish but still slow, and havent done anything to my pc in these months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by givusabud
now type a message as a new email, then copy and paste it into the pm box. I have to do that because i don't seem to have the facility to copy a pm...the only option i get when i right click is "copy background" which doesn't do anything
This is a good idea but a shame that you have to do this, i might try this, but sometimes i dont always have access to my email...i.e not using same pc and so. We shouldn't have to resort to this method should we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDoll
When you type a post can't you go back?
I've tried this, but still get that dam same white page with cannot display page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by argetni
I've had a wee bit of weirdness too - possibly a Firefox issue. If I don't submit a post pretty quickly after beginning it, when I eventually get around to submitting, I find I'm dumped out of the site. On logging back in I've generally lost whatever I'd been typing.

I've only really noticed it with Firefox, mind you...
I can't even put it down to this, as we don't use Firefox.

Anyway hope somebody can help me and explain why all these problems. as very annoying as it took me 3 tries to get on to this page.
Old 14th March 2007, 11:26

Sorry about above post....tried to quote people but it doesnt work with more than one
Hope people can understand my post.
Old 14th March 2007, 12:27
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

I fixed the quotes for you
Old 14th March 2007, 18:45

Yes I can confirm. The site is often totally unreachable in the afternoon and early evening.
Old 26th March 2007, 14:10
Ruby1

Cackerpants i just wrote a whopper pm what takes ruby hours and hours literally cause i'm completely flamonged and rubbish. It's gawn it's gawn i tells ya going to cry now *sobs*

If anyone happens to find a stray pm could you please return it thank you
Old 26th March 2007, 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby1
Cackerpants flamonged

These are words i'm not familiar with but i think i agree with you
Closed Thread