SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th August 2015, 19:33

Mood
Cynical

Question Does this happen to anyone else?

For the most part, I'm a happy guy, and I'm able to ignore my SA on most days and just accept that I'm an unsociable dork with no chance of making friends. But then, there are some days, like today, where I just feel like crap and so desperately wish I had more people to talk to other than my brother and parents.

This usually happens after watching a video on YouTube full of people doing something together that I'd like to do, or when seeing a Facebook photo of all my old schoolfriends gathered together somewhere for a birthday party. I just wish I could join these people, and I wonder how these people cannot have SA and feel so secure and confident in large, cheerful groups.

Right now I don't feel too bad but earlier I felt awfully lonely. This happens sometimes. On most days I'm fine, but once every couple of weeks I spend a few hours feeling gloomy and regretful for not having more friends. Then later on I remember that I hate most people and my loneliness temporarily goes away, until the next time. Can anyone relate?
Old 15th August 2015, 20:13

Default Re: Does this happen to anyone else?

I have felt like this more frequently recently. I've always just got on with things and kept jogging along but I'm well aware of how different I am to the average regular person and if I dwell on it too much it does get me down.
Old 15th August 2015, 20:23

Mood
Fine

Yeah I can relate to this, theres 'fine' days and then theres bad days.
Old 15th August 2015, 21:18

Yeah, I can relate to this.
Old 15th August 2015, 21:32
Banned at own request

I really miss my old days of gathering in a big group, going from bar to bar, club, back to a house, crash over.. I just wouldnt be able to do it any more, even on a good day.

I totally have good and bad days. Some days I feel so lonely and isolated but if I connect up with them I will have to go through not turning to anything afterwards again. Which probably makes them think I dont like them.

It is a minefield.
Old 15th August 2015, 21:47

Takes something seemingly irrelevant to set it off which is annoying, right. Ultimately the devil is in comparing yourself to others. If we can step back into the smaller picture, take ourselves as we are for now....this is me now but life is long, in a few years time things can all be different.
Old 15th August 2015, 21:54

Yep, it used to happen to me a lot. Not so much now. It probably will start happening again though.
Old 15th August 2015, 21:55
Banned at own request

often nothing at all sets me off, like today, I havent got a clue what went wrong. Worked all week, interacting lots then this morning I was so bad I was lurking and couldnt even bring myself to post let alone go outside or talk to anybody.

No idea why.
Old 15th August 2015, 23:28

Mood
Sweettooth

Yes I can definately relate! Like most of the time I'm perfectly fine being alone and then BAM it hits u you one day and I wish I had someone to spend time with
Old 16th August 2015, 09:55

Mood
Cynical

Thanks for all the responses.
Old 16th August 2015, 09:57

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerose
Yes I can definately relate! Like most of the time I'm perfectly fine being alone and then BAM it hits u you one day and I wish I had someone to spend time with
Also occasionally I have weird arguments with myself in my head, and then instantly try to make friends seem like a bad thing in order to make myself feel better. It's weird being both lonely and not wanting friends at the same time.