SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 6th September 2018, 13:57

Mood
Crappy

Default I think I am a misanthrope

Now I wouldn't want to hurt a human and I definitely am able to feel emotion. I guess I just see a lot wrong with the world and can't wait until God fixes it.
Old 6th September 2018, 14:51

Mood
Tired

Default Re: I think I am a misanthrope

it was people that invented 'god'...so you should probably feel no inclination towards god either, he's part of their whole sorry saga,

it's maybe not people that you dislike though,. it may be the difficulty with people that SA produces that you dislike?

when something causes you pain, it can seem easy to want just forget the whole thing,.. rather than work your way through it all.
Old 6th September 2018, 15:14

lol, I think the older I get the more misanthropic I become.

It is very much a human thing to take disgust in the suffering of others, on the one hand, we are carnivores who are designed to seek out prey, and on the other, mammals living in complex societies where we rely on one another. I think as a normal, rational human being it would be normal to take disgust at much of the species and that is part of the struggle of life and part of the reason religions such as Christianity are so powerful.

I certainly want to be responsible more for the positive experiences in others if possible, and I think the majority of people actually want that, but for other reasons -- usually things like needing to appear to be some kind of macho man/their egos, many people don't appear to.
Old 6th September 2018, 17:07

Mood
Crappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
it was people that invented 'god'...so you should probably feel no inclination towards god either, he's part of their whole sorry saga,

it's maybe not people that you dislike though,. it may be the difficulty with people that SA produces that you dislike?

when something causes you pain, it can seem easy to want just forget the whole thing,.. rather than work your way through it all.
I guess SA does play some part. But I think my at my job having to pick up after co workers, dealing with rude costumers. I'm usually silent at work the entire day, but on inside I'm angry.

I could just get done mopping the floor and people will come through it all nonchalant. And the bottom of their shoes will be dirty and leave black marks all over, and they never once glance down to see what they are doing.
Old 6th September 2018, 17:12

Mood
Crappy

Also the man that owns our store owns a lot more of them. His dad is rich and now he is rich. Does he have to put with **** from managers, coworkers and customers?
Old 6th September 2018, 17:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja
I used to think I was as well, I don't like the general public usually because they're pretty brain dead but there are plenty of genuine good people out there so it's kinda not worth hating everyone cause it's too much generalisation.
Same here really. Now I operate on the assumption that about 90% of people are *****, 9% are ok and 1% are awesome. I probably fall into the 90% though.
Old 6th September 2018, 18:49

Yeah, people can be really selfish, but would anyone really want success for these guys if they treat you this way? It's ultimately bad for their business if they treat their employees like dirt but many do, which is why people are angry about it...
Old 11th September 2018, 23:08

Mood
Alienated

There are some genuinely lovely people, but they seem hard to find.
Old 12th September 2018, 13:54

Mood
Tired

^
have you tried looking under the bed?

I once found a great libertarian and philanthropist down the back of the couch,. it's amazing what you can find back there.
Old 12th September 2018, 20:46

They probably couldn't get away with treating employees crappily if there was more competition in your town from other stores. I mean, they could, but they'd have to deal with huge staff turnover and stuff.

Re Christianity, yes, I'm not one, but I think you're right Utopia. I think a lot of it is about trying to see the positive in other people and trying to control the misanthropic side.
Old 29th September 2018, 01:04

Mood
Procrastinating

I know I am!