SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 26th February 2012, 14:21

Mood
Alienated

Default Don't see the point in anything anymore

Why should I bother trying to find new friends or a partner now? I wouldn't be of interest to anyone and why date me when their are better prospects available? Same with employers, why would they give me a chance when someone better is available? I'm sick of applying and getting nowhere, I just want to be left the hell alone. It hurts too much.
Old 26th February 2012, 19:04
Banned

Default Re: Don't see the point in anything anymore

Sounds like you're in a bad place right now Zardo. Hope it is temporary. All I can say is, for me life is worth the struggle. It doesn't always make sense, but sometimes you come out the other side thinking and feeling much clearer, much better.
It might be an opportunity to explore some spiritual practice/interest. Not everyone's cup of tea mind you. Hang in there mate!
Old 26th February 2012, 19:11

Ditto

Finding friends or a partner is your decision to make

The government aren't keen on subsidising people who don't have employment - so you may not be free to decide for yourself on that

Most women do not seem keen on men who do not work

I am not bothered about finding employment because I am frugal and do not need any more money , a lack of employment deters potential partners and that would be a greater incentive to look for work , however I am not particularly looking for a partner at the moment or near future
Old 26th February 2012, 20:02

Mood
Alienated

Sorry about this pathetic thread guys, I was feeling especially hopeless earlier. I deserve to have an empty and pointless existence with my negative attitude I suppose. It's just that I don't see anything to be positive about.

I'm fed up about a CBT assessment I had on friday also. He said I scored too high on the form I had to fill in for depression and anxiety so will have to see a higher level psych - in 6 months when a slot is free.

Also made a big deal about me answering that I think I'd be better off dead most days, well my life is crap. I'm not about to jump off the nearest cliff yet anyway, at least while my parents are still around. SSRIs haven't helped, but he wants me to go back and try yet another different brand pfft. I hate the doctors.

Also said I need to get out of the house more because I spend everyday alone in my room. Well go where and do what? Go on a bus ride alone just for the hell of it, more people to see what a loser I am? Be a billy no mates in a pub?, No thanks.

I see on here and other SA sites how people let their anxiety hold them back, but I also see what great potential they have to succeed in life if they improve. I can't say the same for myself, I haven't the tools to help myself and just feel more crap about everything. Just have to get on with it anyway, no use moaning.
Old 27th February 2012, 03:08

Mood
Mellow

i'd say you're right zardo.
it's not bad to stay home or to be single.
and jobs are sometimes just awful.(i've had some terrible jobs).

but i think some socializing is necessary to all people.
and i think we all need to feel productive.
that's why-- even though i'm out of work right now &
'single-by-choice',-- i volunteer in the office @ a local hospice.
i really feel better about life now, knowing i made myself go donate my time.
you may enjoy it also. can't hurt to try