Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 4th February 2014, 07:28
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

all over the shop.
on one hand, happy and excited about my immediate future.
on the other; desolate and dejected. Unsure if this immediate future will play out right.

also really ill from paint fumes hahaha
Old 4th February 2014, 11:19

Im so bored of everything, work, social life everything just feels boring and mundane I try and do fun stuff at the weekends but I still feel bored :-/
Old 4th February 2014, 12:17

Mood
Dramaqueen

Scunnered. I've to attend a care review for my mum at 1.30pm and I've been informed that my dad went ape at an Occupational Therapist who came to the house this morning. I think it's gonna be a tricky one, with him sulking and all of the workers trying to win him over. At least they're seeing the stubborn side of him now and they know what I'm up against though. It's hard dealing with a determined and confrontational 86 year old :-/ Ugh ugh ugh ugh and ughhhhhhhh
Old 4th February 2014, 13:05

Hope it goes well. From what you've described, it's already been very stressful, but like you say they're at least getting a clearer picture as to the realities. I've been around relatives who have sometimes always made sure to show only their best side when dealing with medical professionals.
Old 4th February 2014, 18:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabitha
^
Hello Muggins

I am ok, it is just my moods going up and down constantly, making me as I am, at the moment.
My jog went as well as it could, considering there were floods everywhere, and it was raining constantly, just for a change.
If I don't exercise every day, my state of mental health, gets worse, so I try and stick with it.
Sorry to hear about your headache. I hope it goes away soon for you.
Do you not sleep well either?
No, I suffer with Insomnia, Tabitha, have done for years, but it's the worst it's ever been now, sometimes I go a whole night without sleep or I'll finally nod off around 5.30 am and my alarm goes off at 7am as I need to get my son up and ready for school. Consequently, I feel shattered every day.

Do you exercise every day Tabitha? Today someone recommended that I should take up jogging, as I mentioned that I desperately need to lose weight but I think I'd collapse before I reached the first lamppost

Quote:
I feel sad about Philip Seymour Hoffman dying but apart from that...

I feel so happy. I have been dancing and singing and generally been very upbeat since Saturday. I have so much energy too. I just wish I could always be like this, I am either really miserable or really happy. I don't ever get in between moods anymore. Oh well, I am going to make the most of feeling like this whilst it lasts.
So pleased you are feeling so happy at the mo. Has something positive happened to make you feel so good or it one of those sudden changes in mood that occur for no inexplicable reason. Pity we can't bottle those happy feelings like medicine and drink it down as and when we feel the need

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExSAguy
all over the shop.
on one hand, happy and excited about my immediate future.
on the other; desolate and dejected. Unsure if this immediate future will play out right.

also really ill from paint fumes hahaha

ExSAGuy, keep focusing on those positive feelings that you have about the immediate future and don't worry about it possibly not turning out as you would like until that happens. If it does happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Im so bored of everything, work, social life everything just feels boring and mundane I try and do fun stuff at the weekends but I still feel bored :-/
Silver. I know that bored feeling only too well. Perhaps next weekend will be different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs I Love My Cats
Scunnered. I've to attend a care review for my mum at 1.30pm and I've been informed that my dad went ape at an Occupational Therapist who came to the house this morning. I think it's gonna be a tricky one, with him sulking and all of the workers trying to win him over. At least they're seeing the stubborn side of him now and they know what I'm up against though. It's hard dealing with a determined and confrontational 86 year old :-/ Ugh ugh ugh ugh and ughhhhhhhh
MrsILoveCats, I hope things went okay for you this afternoon. I can only imagine how stressful it is for you coping with two ageing parents and trying your damnedest to do what's best for everyone. As Concept says, it's good that the care workers could see your dad as he really is as then they have a better idea of what they are dealing with and will hopefully be in a better position to offer you the appropriate support.

Don't forget to look after yourself too
Old 5th February 2014, 12:28

Quote:
^
Hello Muggins
How are you?
Sorry to hear about your insomia. Did anything cause it, or did it just happen?
I too get to sleep about 5am, sometimes 6am these days. I sleep in, but never more than a few hours.
You must get really tired, looking after your son too. Do you get any help at all? It is exhausting enough being a lone parent at times without any sleep, I know.
Yes, I exercise and walk every day. I have to. Without doing that, I feel a lot worse.
I exercise, as in running, and then walk for an hour or so, with my dog. I am amongst the countryside here, so it does help, I could not do it without my dog though due to agoraphobia. The difference it makes to my mood is massive. I can go out feeling very depressed and when I come back I am happy.
You asked about my moods. They up and down constantly but still the mental health team, who I have disengaged with because they were appalling, refused to say what was wrong with me as they said they didn't like giving 'labels'. I think I have a mood disorder or possibly bi polar but not full bi polar.
I would love to bottle the happy mood feelings. I am still like it at the moment but know the crash will happen soon. I just make the most of feeling like this.
Hope you are ok?

I'm ok Tabitha, but thank you for asking

I Just try to take one day at a time really , if I thought too much about what might or might not happen in the future I'd go completely insane.

I think the Insomnia is caused by my inability to stop all those negative thoughts whizzing around in my head but it's been made worse by the medication I'm taking which is causing me a lot of problems at the moment. Nothing worse for the body and soul than lack of sleep is there!

Yep being a single parent with SA is incredibly hard, just having someone to share those big decisions with like choosing secondary schools etc, would be something. It's so scary being totally responsible for another human being and having no one to turn to that cares equally as much for my son as I do and just being able to ask "Am I making the right decision here, what do you think?" But, it's not all bad. My son makes me laugh in a way nobody else can

It must be so difficult for you not knowing what mood you are going to be feeling from one moment to the next, but it sounds like the exercise is helping to stabilise that a fair bit. I think it's great that you are able to motivate yourself to keep up with the exercise when you don't always feel too good

Now that my son is at an age where it's embarrassing to be seen with your mum at the school gates I'm quite missing the school run as it was the only exercise I got. I need to start walking more but I feel so self conscious walking round my local streets and it's impractical going further a field at this time of year especially when it's always raining! Would like to go for a jog in the dark but it's not possible unless I drag my son a long with me. Oh hum...

Take care Tabitha, I enjoy your posts, you sound like such a lovely and caring lady
Old 5th February 2014, 16:12

^ I know the feeling Either/Or.
Hope you find something to do that will brighten up this dreary day
Old 5th February 2014, 21:15

I hope everyones ok

Im feeling sad Sick and tired of sitting alone in my room night after night. Ive tried to get out and make friends through meet up groups but its a waste of time. Life feel like a waste of time cos I feel like Im never gonna be happy or confident. Sick and tired of feeling so negative and alone all the time. Wishing like hell I had some motivation and drive to change my attitude but the fact is I have none. Hate being so god damn negative but at the same time have no motivation to do anything about it so just stuck until the day I die
Old 6th February 2014, 03:21

^ I'm sorry you're feeling so sad, Silver. I hope things improve for you soon and tomorrow is a better day

I feel as if I'm going mad with this Insomnia. How can someone function on so little sleep? All I want is one decent nights sleep to recharge my batteries
Old 12th February 2014, 00:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl
I'm feeling alone and dreading everything. So much to sort out over the next six days and i'm sick of the sleep deprivation but used to it now.
Would be nice to matter and know one person , i'm so pathetic and starved of good people that it would only take one , cared.

My gosh i'm so drained with life right now

I hope you are feeling a little better today CaveGirl and that you found someone to share your worries with
Old 12th February 2014, 15:51

Mood
Bored

I hope everyone managed to get a little sleep last night.

I want to post in lots of threads but just can't get motivated. This will have to do.

Hello over 30's
Old 13th February 2014, 01:48

Hello Pathetic_Earthling
Old 14th February 2014, 01:04

I feel old, hopelessly out of touch with modern culture, like I've accomplished sod-all (because I haven't) and am basically existing to watch society collapse. Well, you've gotta have something to look forward too, haven't you?
Old 3rd April 2014, 17:57

Mood
Cheeky

Well i am slightly disappointed in myself for feeling down today, I have had alot of positives these last 2 weeks and considering how far ive come i shouldnt feel down. I blame the jobcentre for making me wait all afternoon for a phone call which never came, but the real issue is loneliness and thats the hardest issue to correct
Old 16th April 2014, 12:47

^You're not a bad person Martin. I often feel like I've annoyed people when I actually haven't.....paranoia I suppose. Other times, yes ,I may annoy people but it's not intended. I can be hard work, I know this. It's just my way. Most don't 'get' me and find it a little hard at times to deal with me. I don't blame them (I annoy myself at times) but I know I'm not a bad person. Don't be so hard on yourself.
Old 17th April 2014, 09:01

Hi everyone, thanks for the opportunity to post here, it feels like a great way to tune into myself and to share that with gentle others

Today I feel very tender and that means a need for loving kindness and to allow myself to go a little more slowly and maybe let some stuff go that I had planned to do and let that be OK.
Old 17th April 2014, 12:56

^Sorry you're having a bad day Smudge. Not sure if anything in particular has happened or if it's just one of those days. I hope tomorrow is better for you. Take it easy.
Old 17th April 2014, 22:11

((((( Star Rainbow )))))

(lovely name! )
Old 17th April 2014, 22:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin74
It's not my imagination. I really DID annoy someone recently. Not intentionally, just for saying what I think. The worst part is this is a person I actually like. The last thing I ever want is to alienate people but like I said I have this effect on (some) people.
Hopefully this person doesn't think you've intentionally alienated or annoyed them. As I think someone was saying to me today sometimes with SA it's better to say what we think... it's so easy just to run away... But obviously I don't know your situation. Hope it works out for you! (if it's on here, most people are pretty forgiving I think?) Take care
Old 18th April 2014, 07:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebear
((((( Star Rainbow )))))

(lovely name! )
Hi Bluebear - thanks

Feeling tender again today, with a side of optimism
Old 18th April 2014, 07:35

Mood
Lonely

Feel very tired but strangely optimistic. I have no idea why but that can't be a bad thing. Normally I feel there is no point to anything.
Old 18th April 2014, 17:35

Eeek scared scared scared,bloody OCD *repeats mantra of `It will not kill you`*

Also in love with a Dyson vacuum,so I can`t complain and say it`s all bad.

Bye SAUK (just in case I`m wrong and it does kill me )
Old 18th April 2014, 23:41

Not myself. My mind seems hell bent on causing me problems. Using music to cover the cracks at present. Thank fu** for music.
Old 21st April 2014, 11:04

Mood
Balanced

Massively depressed this Easter Weekend, as with all Public Holidays. Another one wasted on my computer, alone in my room! Went out on Saturday to get out of the house for half the day, couldn't wait to get home again, back to the comfort of my prison cell.
Old 30th April 2014, 20:40

Well I got through my appraisal at work without feeling too stressed at any point (even managed to stick up for myself and my staff a bit) and have made a Tiramisu for the first time tonight (will sample tomorrow) so things aren't too bad at the moment (although I still wish I had the ability to actually be able to seriously consider changing jobs, I couldn't cope with interviews as I am).
Old 1st May 2014, 19:57

Mood
Balanced

Appraisals, what a laugh!
And job interviews...While waiting I feel cold and yawn a lot. Is this normal? lol
Haven't had one for 12 years! Not in a hurry either.

Tiramisu is awesome, nice one Troy. Was it any good?
Old 1st May 2014, 20:01

Mood
Blah

The most anxious I've felt in years. Stressed and depressed. Worried about my wife and my family and also how I'm going to cope at this funeral on Saturday. Want to be strong but I'm ready to crumble.

Miss having someone to talk and confide in
Old 1st May 2014, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeymojo
Appraisals, what a laugh!
And job interviews...While waiting I feel cold and yawn a lot. Is this normal? lol
Haven't had one for 12 years! Not in a hurry either.

Tiramisu is awesome, nice one Troy. Was it any good?
Yes it is pretty good, although being nearly all double cream and mascarpone it is a little heavy.
Old 10th May 2014, 13:53

Mood
Bitching

frustrated at my line manager as usual.
Old 22nd May 2014, 10:16

I am depressed and jobless. its not that when i am working i am happy either. I hate every single minute of it.
I have turned 45 today. What does future have in store for me, i don't know.The idea of meeting and talking to someone break me in sweat.My SA is not getting better.Why oh why my body produces so much anxiety of everything. I would have thought by this age it would have stopped producing those anxiety harmones or whatever.