Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 7th March 2018, 23:25

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: silly things you fuss over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Ensuring my parting is parted where it ought to be parted.

i always think that jacob rees moggs hair is parted on the wrong side :\

what on EARTH is he doing x|
Old 7th March 2018, 23:28

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco Da Gama
I get this too,
in work loos we use paper towels to dry up,
it's a habit now that I take extra paper towels and use them to open the door and then open other doors before tea break,
I've been aware people are taking shits in there and not washing their hands,
its always saddening to see someone walk out the loo without washing their hands, i get kinda down when i see someone texting while they pee as well.

Quote:
I also tend to adjust volume on my TV or stereos in increments of 2 only,. the volume level has to land on an even number.
ive encountered this even numbered-ness before but i am not a victim of it

Quote:
all the footwear I have usually needs to have cushioned insoles of some sort,
i approve of this!
Old 8th March 2018, 00:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
i always think that jacob rees moggs hair is parted on the wrong side :\

what on EARTH is he doing x|
Oh shit, I part on the same side as Mogg. I don't know what that means, but it can't be good. Makes me almost want to mutter something in Latin and defer to the teaching of the Catholic Church in attempt to simulateneously distance myself from and justify any unsavoury position I might hold. No idea why.
Old 8th March 2018, 00:24

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
Oh shit, I part on the same side as Mogg. I don't know what that means, but it can't be good. Makes me almost want to mutter something in Latin and defer to the teaching of the Catholic Church in attempt to simulateneously distance myself from and justify any unsavoury position I might hold.

lol you handled it well, just as he might with his 5 million years worth of self deprecation training, its almost as if you have so many hundreds of millions in the bank that you can literally afford to put yourself down

maybe your head suits this style better? i never actually ever thought "the hair is parted on the wrong side" about anyone before i witnessed teh mogg
Old 8th March 2018, 08:09

^ I think his brain is parted on the wrong side.
Old 8th March 2018, 11:22
Banned at own request

Of course its parted on the wrong side, it should be parted on the inside, I will even supply the axe.
Old 8th March 2018, 16:58

Love this!!

I’m really funny about numbers, like to see specific numbers on the clock or do things a certain number of times.

Germs. Do not even get me started. I hate using dirty spoons to stir coffee (that have only been in coffee). If someone wants to share something with me (or me them) I always get a separate plate/glass/bottle/whatever... Idk it’s just a reservation of mine.

Again relating to numbers, I sometimes delay posting something (on any forum or social media) to make it go through at a certain time. Say for example it’s 1:13pm, I usually wait until 1:14pm. I don’t always do it but I do it enough.

I have my apps in the exact same order all the time (if I move them I can’t stop thinking about it)!!

I’m a right weirdo!!
Old 8th March 2018, 22:34

I used to have a thing about how many rings to wait before putting the phone down. It had to be a multiple of four. I don't know why! Something to do with bars of music I suppose. Not that I even phone anyone these days.
Old 9th March 2018, 06:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Oh ditto. Drives me frigging crazy. Why anyone would want a loud ticking clock is beyond me.
Old 9th March 2018, 09:51

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ My friend lived in an old pub and when I rang her her parents would put me on hold (haha) as I waited for her to walk down the massive set of stairs. It was a doo-doo sound with a gap before the next doo-doo. It used to sound like the beginning of Tainted Love and so I’d keep trying to sing it to get the doo-doo in the right place.

Something I can’t stand is the sound of clocks ticking, especially at night. If I’m at someone else’s house then I have to either take the batteries out of the clock or put it in another room.

whenever i used to stay at my grans as a kid she was like a hoarder of ornaments and stuff like that so she had loads of clocks in her living room and they'd all chatter away all night long while i lay awake in the dark looking at the odd shapes the light from outside made on the ceiling
Old 9th March 2018, 13:46

I hate loudly ticking clocks too. Noises bother me, like people eating loudly, sniffing, people who talk loudly etc.

Another silly thing I worry about is buying something for a particular event. It's hard to explain, but today I was buying flowers for my mum for Mother's Day. Carrying them to the car embarrassed me, because everyone else would know why I bought them. It annoys me to be seen to do the cliched thing. Does that make sense? Last week I did a big shop because of the snow, and it was so cringey, I was mortified. I've never celebrated Valentine's because it embarrasses me, although I also think it's just plain stupid.

Reading this I think I seem like a teenager, but I'm a middle aged woman.
Old 9th March 2018, 14:44

Mood
Blah

^ im the exact same with the flowers & i hate carrying around a balloon ive bought for my childrens birthdays
Old 9th March 2018, 15:01

^ I blew them up at home with an electric pump because I just couldn't.
Old 10th March 2018, 20:16

Mood
Sneaky

Ok how do we all feel about the sisyphean clustergrope that is trying to clean spring onions 3x
Old 10th March 2018, 21:39

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
I never eat them. Raw onions make me cause my own hole in the ozone layer. It’s only recently that I learnt that spring onions go sweet if you cook them in a stir fry and it’s quite nice! Can’t eat ‘em raw though! So yeah, I’ve never prepared or cooked with them because I thought I didn’t like them. Is it a ball ache to wash them then?

well they are kind of tube shaped, and you can see muck down inside the tube. if you are gonna fry em then i guess its not bad but i just cant fathom them ever being "clean"
Old 18th March 2018, 17:20

Mood
Sneaky

i have a transparent blue glass. how would you all feel about me putting orange juice in it?

and what if i did it at 11:11am? or 12:12? or 13:13 on a 24 hour clock?

what if i posted this at 16:16?
Old 18th March 2018, 17:48

All my notes have to face the same way queens head upwards. If they are in a stack they must go 5s, 10s, 20s, 50s. When I end up with Scottish notes or old 5s, 10s they go at the back of their respective value pile.
Old 18th March 2018, 17:54

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
All my notes have to face the same way queens head upwards. If they are in a stack they must go 5s, 10s, 20s, 50s. When I end up with Scottish notes or old 5s, 10s they go at the back of their respective value pile.

hey i'm scottish ;/ thats like apartheid
Old 18th March 2018, 18:36

Well I don't want them mingling.

Nah it's because I accept them in my shop but can't give them as change so they get paid into the bank.
Old 18th March 2018, 19:43

Chatting on the telephone when I'm not alone.
Old 18th March 2018, 19:45

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellotiger
Well I don't want them mingling.

Nah it's because I accept them in my shop but can't give them as change so they get paid into the bank.

ok i admit i was overeager to play the race card...but that's english peoples fault, too
Old 23rd March 2018, 21:48

^ Are you sure you haven't just been going to a big toilet?
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:13
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I'm sorry but the idea of someone actually pooing in a pool is hilarious. I mean it's also totally repulsive but like seriously no one could do that discretely except maybe a little kid. Where you abroad by any chance? There are some horrible swimming pools in foreign hotels.

God I'd forgotten those foot baths, I remember them from school swimming lessons. I think jinny's right they no longer seem to have them.
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:24

Mood
Sneaky

i saw an old man get changed and walk straight through to the pool without a wash first

mmm, old man crack
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:26
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^^ Good to know. Next time i'm swimming I'll be for the little childen, that and keeping my mouth well and truly closed
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:37

Swimming pools are revolting. Why would you want to get into a large bath with a load of salty strangers?
Also the floor surrounding the pool freaks me out. I don't like the texture.
Old 23rd March 2018, 22:46

I'm getting terrible flashbacks to school swimming lessons. I haven't been to a swimming pool for nearly 20 years, but I reckon one whiff of the chlorine would have me doubled over with stomach cramps, like in the bad old days. All those hours having to flail about in nothing but a pair of trunks in front of girls, right in the midst of puberty no less.

I'd have been thankful for a jobby floating past, if it took the attention away from me. I actually got that feeling the other day: Walking down my street, a man with his dog, happily squeezing out his business (the dog, not the man). I couldn't help thinking, at least I'm not the foulest thing on the pavement at the moment. I'd probably have a lot more confidence in general if there was always a dog turd close by, to absorb disgust.
Old 5th April 2018, 13:32

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
I'm getting terrible flashbacks to school swimming lessons. I haven't been to a swimming pool for nearly 20 years, but I reckon one whiff of the chlorine would have me doubled over with stomach cramps, like in the bad old days. All those hours having to flail about in nothing but a pair of trunks in front of girls, right in the midst of puberty no less.

when i think back i didnt have such concerns back then, i dunno if the way my disconnect from people manifested itself just meant that i kinda saw people my own age as some kind of different species like a load of ants or something :|
Old 5th April 2018, 13:34

Mood
Sneaky

anyways i need to type this cos its been bugging me recently and it won't go away. down behind my radiators i can see the fins behind it are all clogged up with fluff, oose and dust and i cant stop thinking about maybe crumpling up a bit of paper and pushing it down between them with a stick to dislodge it all

i can't help thinking that my radiators must just be pumping out and circulating all this dust

if i made a video of this would any one like to see?