SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th April 2024, 21:58

Mood
Relaxed

Default Where do you buy your groceries because Morrisons are taking the pish.

What the hell has happened to Morrisons pricing the last few weeks, I never thought that the day would come when it'd be cheaper to buy from Sainsbury's but that time has arrived. They've also stopped issuing me weekly money off vouchers. Never again. Where do you all shop?
Old 28th April 2024, 22:03

Default Re: Where do you buy your groceries because Morrisons are taking the pish.

Usually Asda but sometimes Lidl or Aldi. I hate food shopping, though
Old 28th April 2024, 22:11

Default Re: Where do you buy your groceries because Morrisons are taking the pish.

Lidl: the app is good and you get freebies and money off once you've spent a certain amount in a month.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:16

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
Usually Asda but sometimes Lidl or Aldi. I hate food shopping, though
Lidl and Aldi were my go to until I hit the skids so I get everything delivered, hopefully soon I'll feel well enough to do things myself again and save a bit of money in the process.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
hopefully soon I'll feel well enough to do things myself again and save a bit of money in the process.
Good luck
Old 28th April 2024, 22:22

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Lidl: the app is good and you get freebies and money off once you've spent a certain amount in a month.
Lidl isn't even that far away but I've been so out of sorts for so long and just can't bear the thought of making the journey. Tomorrow I'm making my first walk out alone in some time.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
I called into my local Spar shop last night just before closing time and they gave me a free loaf of bread with three days left on the date
Old 28th April 2024, 22:24

reeesult! ^

Hope you have a little sunshine on your walk tomorrow, Hiylas or rain if you prefer that!
Old 28th April 2024, 22:26

Mood
Relaxed

Actually typing this stuff makes me realise what a hole I've dug myself into. Good grief!
Old 28th April 2024, 22:31

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
I called into my local Spar shop last night just before closing time and they gave me a free loaf of bread with three days left on the date
I've been on a carnivore diet and haven't eaten bread in a while. To be honest I have no craving for it either, it's going well.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:33

Quote:
I've been on a carnivore diet and haven't eaten bread in a while. To be honest I have no craving for it either, it's going well.
Well the ironic thing is that I'm Type 2 diabetic and not supposed to eat bread, so I gave it to my mum.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:37

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Well the ironic thing is that I'm Type 2 diabetic and not supposed to eat bread, so I gave it to my mum.
yeah, I was showing symptoms and caught it in time, so trying to reverse the damage. I seem to be winning, lost a lot of weight the last 16 months and God I needed to.
Old 28th April 2024, 22:47

^ Nice one. I've managed to lose 3 stone.
Old 28th April 2024, 23:02

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Lidl isn't even that far away but I've been so out of sorts for so long and just can't bear the thought of making the journey. Tomorrow I'm making my first walk out alone in some time.
Good luck tomorrow!

To answer the original question I shop at Tesco and the Co-op because those are the shops that are within walking distance for me and I don't drive.
Old 28th April 2024, 23:19

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
^ Nice one. I've managed to lose 3 stone.
Three stone is no mean feat, if only it was as easy to lose as it is to put on. There should be a health warning on Ben and Jerry's.
Old 28th April 2024, 23:22

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
Good luck tomorrow!
Thanks Dougella.
Old 28th April 2024, 23:45

^ ^ Yes, much easier to put on than to lose. Thanks
Old 29th April 2024, 09:19

Sainsburys not sure why as they're rubbish. It's a bit like being in an abusive relationship, they send us potatoes with black bits in every week and food that's nearly out of date and we just take it and don't complain. You complain and they ban you from deliveries.

Unfortunately we're kind of stuck as I don't like tesco or asda food. I'd swap to waitrose but we don't have a second house and a pony.
Old 29th April 2024, 09:43

Lidl, but I agree it would be better if they delivered if you needed it.
I get a few bits that I can’t get from Lidl in tesco and emergency food from Sainsbury’s, which is my nearest mini supermarket.

Apart from it being more affordable I like that Lidl doesn’t play any music and the lighting doesn’t seem as harsh.
Old 29th April 2024, 10:19

Mood
Tired

I've been getting pretty much all of my shopping from Lidl for at least 10 years now,

I used to love shopping at Sainsburys, but they changed their shops a whole ago and started pushing up their prices big time
Old 29th April 2024, 10:37

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG_
I'd swap to waitrose but we don't have a second house and a pony.
Yes I wept when Waitrose closed, these were something very close to my heart. ( as in a hardened layer of arterial wall thickening ) Now only available to buy in store too.
Old 29th April 2024, 10:40

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merry
Lidl, but I agree it would be better if they delivered if you needed it.
I get a few bits that I can’t get from Lidl in tesco and emergency food from Sainsbury’s, which is my nearest mini supermarket.

Apart from it being more affordable I like that Lidl doesn’t play any music and the lighting doesn’t seem as harsh.
They do have an excellent wine selection.
Old 29th April 2024, 10:56

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody
I've been getting pretty much all of my shopping from Lidl for at least 10 years now,

I used to love shopping at Sainsburys, but they changed their shops a whole ago and started pushing up their prices big time
I do think Lidl is the best of the bunch, If only they sold the little cans of knock off Pimms that are on sale at Aldi, I wouldn't have to make two journeys. Warm summer evenings and Pimms, aaah!

Old 29th April 2024, 11:01

Mood
Relaxed

I think it is true though that whatever you might save shopping at Aldi or Lidl is effectively ruined by the 'oooh look at that thingumyjig for only £14.99' in the special aisle that you've just got to buy.
Old 29th April 2024, 11:28

I've been in a relationship with ASDA for quite some time! Although I have been tempted to stray with the likes of Waitrose and Sainsbury's, but I always feel like I'm punching above my weight when I'm with them. Whereas with ASDA, it might not be the most exciting of supermarket relationships, but it still gives me everything that I need! Although when I'm looking for a bit of no strings attached fun, then I usually give Farmfoods a booty call. Which reminds me, I need to get tested after eating their curry sauce!
Old 29th April 2024, 11:44

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chess&Junkfood
I've been in a relationship with ASDA for quite some time! Although I have been tempted to stray with the likes of Waitrose and Sainsbury's, but I always feel like I'm punching above my weight when I'm with them. Whereas with ASDA, it might not be the most exciting of supermarket relationships, but it still gives me everything that I need! Although when I'm looking for a bit of no strings attached fun, then I usually give Farmfoods a booty call. Which reminds me, I need to get tested after eating their curry sauce!
Ah yes, the Farmfoods booty call, that takes me back, was never a regular thing, just a bit on the side, a bit ropey and unkempt but you had to grab those special offers with both hands. Ooo er!
Old 29th April 2024, 12:11

It's nice to have things in common, Hylas.
Old 29th April 2024, 16:57

Mood
Alienated

I don’t understand how Sainsbury’s still has customers. My local store often has empty shelves, frequently has expensive and poor quality produce, and the store is absolutely manky. Yet it’s full of middle class people. Perhaps they have been priced out of Waitrose and are just not ready for Lidl yet

I shop at Asda, tends to have all I need. Sadly Lidl closed where I am, otherwise I’d go there more often. Don’t really like Aldi, especially as they don’t have a bakery.

Not sure how good the Asda delivery is. Though my neighbour always uses them for delivery and hasn’t had a problem.
Old 29th April 2024, 18:15

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tembo
I don’t understand how Sainsbury’s still has customers. My local store often has empty shelves, frequently has expensive and poor quality produce, and the store is absolutely manky. Yet it’s full of middle class people. Perhaps they have been priced out of Waitrose and are just not ready for Lidl yet

I shop at Asda, tends to have all I need. Sadly Lidl closed where I am, otherwise I’d go there more often. Don’t really like Aldi, especially as they don’t have a bakery.

Not sure how good the Asda delivery is. Though my neighbour always uses them for delivery and hasn’t had a problem.
Yeah I used Asda for a while and they were cheapest by far with no problem getting a delivery slot at late notice and then for some reason I switched but I'm on a carnivore diet now so maybe I'll try them again. I'll nip in Tesco tomorrow too as it'll be on my route. We didn't get priced out of Waitrose here, we got kicked out, we had a couple of stores at one time but apparently they were too posh for us and relocated, pfft! they can take their foie gras and shove it, Asda's beef spread it is.
Old 29th April 2024, 18:18

Mood
Relaxed

Thanks for the replies guys, you can stand down now.