SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th February 2024, 17:30

Default Being cheated?

Ive mentioned before that Im having acupuncture for pain relief. I got in touch with two therapists.
The first one charged £60 for an initial consultation and £55 for the 2nd treatment.
She visited my home at the end of clinic around 5.15pm ..she put 4 needles in me ...both times...didnt really explain what she was doing...and then left after 40 minutes.
The second time I asked her how long the sessions would be and she told me if I was in clinic it would be an hour but because she was visiting me at home it was 40 minutes.
I dont understand the logic behind this other than the fact she wanted to get home!

I really got the feeling I was being cheated somewhat and she was taking the mick.

The second therapist was much more thorough and did a full medical history and spent well over the hour with me.
Both of them were registered with the British Acupuncture Council but very different in quality!
Should I dismiss the first one? Im not sure what to say if she gets back in touch. She was a very nice lady BUT......!!!
Old 13th February 2024, 17:44

Default Re: Being cheated?

If you feel that you are getting better treatment from one (and there's no appreciable difference in cost), then retain the one you prefer and dismiss the other.

The difference in time between treatment at the clinic and at home would simply be travelling time; at the clinic, one patient would enter as soon as the previous patient had left, but at home, the time taken to travel needs to be taken into account, so in effect, you are being charged from the moment the therapist gets into her car.
Old 13th February 2024, 17:58

Yes but that is like 3 minutes away as the clinic is just round the corner.

Anyway the second therapist was more professional!!
Old 15th February 2024, 17:41

It seems so. A lot of people like that these days isnt there?
She doesnt seem that interested in me as a client anyway. Nevet calls me to arrange appointments!
Old 15th February 2024, 19:06

I guess different people have a different needle-side manner?

Go with whoever you feel most comfortable and at ease with.
If she gets back in touch you can just say thank you but you've decided to go with someone else for now. If she asks why you can say you've found it easier to book etc.