SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2007, 10:12

Default citolapam side effects

hi i know that there is a already post on this and i am back at the doctors on tuesday my dose has been taken up to 40mg last week when i started i was bad for the first week but my stomach is really bad on the 40mg and a bad head i have only taken 20mg for the last few days as i feel so bad and like a zombie, but i do feel the need to be on a higher dose the reason being is i am struggling to be off the dizapram and this is to stop being reliant on that any advice???
Old 15th April 2007, 14:36

Default Re: citolapam side effects

How long had you been on 20 mg for, mustanglady?
Old 15th April 2007, 15:03

I think the side effects of feeling like a zombie should pass.
Old 15th April 2007, 16:47

I have been on 20mg for about 2 month now
Old 15th April 2007, 16:50

How long have you felt like a zombie for? If it's been for a few weeks then I don't think it would pass, I somehow got the impression that you've only felt like that for a few days.
Old 15th April 2007, 18:15

yes it has only been for a few days since the doc incresed them, so will no doubt be them i have taken 40mg today but 20mg this morning and another i few hours ago to see if that works actually this afternoon i have felt better generally hope it continues
Old 15th April 2007, 18:37

If it continues being really difficult for you, maybe your GP could prescribe in 10 mg tabs so that you could break it down into smaller steps, i.e. 20, 30, then 40. They may have already mentioned this, but it's important to look out for any thoughts of suicide and tell your GP if you do get any. Some people (incl me) get self-harm impulses when changing doses of SSRIs. I hope you don't have any more troubles
Old 15th April 2007, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustanglady
yes it has only been for a few days since the doc incresed them, so will no doubt be them i have taken 40mg today but 20mg this morning and another i few hours ago to see if that works actually this afternoon i have felt better generally hope it continues
That's cool then. You should be okay by tomorrow as far as feeling like a zombie is concerned.
Old 16th April 2007, 10:29

hi so far today i feel quite good still feel a little bit of a zombie but apart from that feel quite confident regards Tracey
Old 16th April 2007, 18:42
Banned

I[ve been on Citalopram 20mg for 4 weeks and the side effects are not as bad as when i was on Fluoxetine but i still feel that i need a higher dose as i feel my anxiety is has'nt decresed that much at all.
My doc told me that Citalopram is not as bad as other meds in terms of side effects so hopefully you and my zombie state should subside - fingers crossed x
Closed Thread