Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2009, 10:47

Mood
Blah

Default dating on sa uk -photos

I was looking at the photos section 'post a random picture of yourself' on sa uk and noticed how ashamedly outright it is with people posting suggestive pictures of themselves, all of the sleezy comments etc and thought everyone is blatantly trying to pull each other, why not start a dating thread/flirty photos thread where they can all get on with it together? (those that partake in that whole kind of thing)
Old 15th April 2009, 11:23

Default Re: dating on sa uk -photos

Right thats it i'm taking my picture down. I wasn't trying to "pull" anyone just for the record, thought it was all a bit of fun.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:36

Mood
Spaced

What do you mean by 'suggestive photos'?

I don't think you are interpreting what's going on in that thread correctly to be honest, and I think your comments might put off other people from posting pics and I don't like that
Old 15th April 2009, 11:39

it won't let me get rid of it from people's quotes but i've deleted it from photobucket so I don't know why? If anyone knows how to get rid of it i'd much appreciate it.

I don't want ww3 over this but I do think its a bit much to assume everyones on the hunt for someone just because they post a picture. And I dont really know what people are doing on that thread if they've got no interest in "that whole kind of thing" as Olive puts it.
Old 15th April 2009, 11:49

Mood
Balanced

I've posted some pics and no one has asked me out on a date yet lol. I think it's just a curious thing where you want to know what members look like and also having the confidence to show yourself without fear of disapproval.

In life in general, most people are average looking, some are ugly and some are beautiful. And because beauty is so rare it's nice to see beautiful people. But it doesn't mean you want to date them since a bad personality reduces the attraction or just eliminates it, and a good personality enhances it.

Don't surrender to the Olive, post more pics of yourself in protest

It's just a bit of fun.

If anyone wants to date me give me a pm :D, that includes you Olive. lol
Old 15th April 2009, 11:50

*Off-topic* kastra were you a member here before? I'm getting deja-vu from your username and avatar...
Old 15th April 2009, 11:51

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantini
*Off-topic* kastra were you a member here before? I'm getting deja-vu from your username and avatar...
Now this is what we should be angry about, everyone jump on him/her for asking on the open forum when he/she should just pm
Old 15th April 2009, 11:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov
Now this is what we should be angry about, everyone jump on him/her for asking on the open forum when he/she should just pm
Nah, that would be stalking
Old 15th April 2009, 11:57

Mood
Spaced

lol!

No I haven't been a member on here before, and my username/avatar are ones I only started using when I registered here (I am on other non-SA forums but I use different names & stuff).
Old 15th April 2009, 12:00

Ah ok thanks That's really strange tho; could've sworn....
Old 15th April 2009, 12:02

Mood
Balanced

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantini
Ah ok thanks That's really strange tho; could've sworn....
No swearing allowed either!!!
Old 15th April 2009, 12:02

Mood
Confused

I dont even know where these photos are!
Old 15th April 2009, 12:03
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by moose
I sense WW3 could kick off from this post.

A dating section had been suggested many times on this site (by me on occasions) but it was decided that it was unworkable because it would be very difficult to police and would give the moderators nightmares. There would always be an unhealthy ratio of men to women taking part and I wouldn't be surprised if all those that took part would end up dating each other. I think also there would be a few people who may feel resentful and even more depressed if they had no luck or received no interest. Not good for people with SA.

"unhealthy" can't even begin to describe it moose. it would be an absolute saussage fest! , men would outnumber the women at like 4:1 ...and the chances of your average male being able to get someone let alone someone they actually want would be quite slim indeed.

for the single women here i think they'd probably have a good experience due to the sheer numbers of men
Old 15th April 2009, 12:09

Mood
Sad

I don't understand how any of the photos on that thread are "suggestive"? If there were pics of women in bikinis with their cleavage hanging out then I would agree with you, but they're just normal photos of people's faces most of the time. Obviously people are trying to look attractive because no one wants to put an ugly photo of themselves on the Internet, it doesn't mean they're trying to pull.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:13

Mood
Blah

Oh. Sorry I have not been around this site for long, there seems to be a lot of sexual tension here (prob cos no one is getting any lol)
I just thought the idea of a sleeze/sausage fest thread might be providing a service? But looks like that ideas been thrown out of the window many a time. Shame.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:15

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by handmedown
I don't understand how any of the photos on that thread are "suggestive"? If there were pics of women in bikinis with their cleavage hanging out then I would agree with you, but they're just normal photos of people's faces most of the time. Obviously people are trying to look attractive because no one wants to put an ugly photo of themselves on the Internet, it doesn't mean they're trying to pull.
Yup agreed, I think the old cheesy "shirt off" or "bikini" pic would be wrong, apart from that if people wanna stick thier muggin up its cool
Old 15th April 2009, 12:17

Mood
Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olive
(prob cos no one is getting any lol)
Do you count yourself in that?
Old 15th April 2009, 12:26

Mood
Blah

Sounds like this is the most exciting it's got on sa uk for a long time
Old 15th April 2009, 12:34

Quote:
Sounds like this is the most exciting it's got on sa uk for a long time
I think there will always be tension on this forum, something bubbling just below the surface that crops up repeatedly (a feature of all communities not just this one!). On SA UK it is often the generic 'SA women have it easier / lewd comments on member's photos' topic, not to mention the whole 'nice guy' and more recent 'tough love' debates.

But I think focusing on those conflicts is misrepresentative of the forum overall. SA UK does provide good support, advice, potential friendships etc. These debates make up such a small percentage of what this forum is about, but I think they tend to stick in people's minds as often they're quite provocative.

Personally I think it is healthy to have these debates and conflicts. It may encourage members who would otherwise shy away, to actually start asserting themselves and their opinions, even if it is only online it's still a start.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:39

you could have a dating section here which would be good in a sense but even if there isn't going to be one it doesn't mean you can't still hookup with people here.
Old 15th April 2009, 12:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GinInTeacups
it won't let me get rid of it from people's quotes but i've deleted it from photobucket so I don't know why? If anyone knows how to get rid of it i'd much appreciate it.
It probably has gone from the site and it's only still showing for you because it is still in your browser's cache. If you do a 'hard reload' of the page(s) concerned -- cntl F5 in firefox, don't know about any other browsers -- or delete your cache, it should be gone.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:01

Mood
Fine

I think it's good that people can post pictures of themselves if they want - it gives them a chance to test their SA if they feel the need. I cringe every time I see I my avatar but force myself to keep it up.

Don't see any harm in it at all. Besides most people are inquisitive creatures and like to put a face to a name where possible.

I can only assume the OP has a very different definition of 'suggestive' to most, or is on a wind-up mission. Only they know.
Old 15th April 2009, 13:37

Mood
Chatty

why not give more reasons
for people to question everything they do?

let it go, let it happen, the 'sleaziness' is rare,

it's nice to be nice.

why not have a huge debate of one-upmanship where everyone competes to look better?
Old 15th April 2009, 14:53

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterCaster
Those that outright reject the notion of a dating section on this site obviously fail to grasp a predominate part of human nature and/or are totally past it.
Or just realise that there are approximately 10 billion websites for that purpose elsewhere already
Old 15th April 2009, 15:01

Mood
Blah

^so why bring it here to sauk then? why not just go to a dating site?
Old 15th April 2009, 15:12

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
^so why bring it here to sauk then? why not just go to a dating site?
Bring what here? Why do you assume anyone posting their photo is only doing it to attract the opposite sex? I am just so confused as to why you think this is the case, have you not posted on other forums before? Picture threads are something you see pretty much everywhere and it's just because it's nice sometimes to see who you are talking to.
Old 15th April 2009, 15:16

Mood
Blah

look, I made an observation, and it does seem like there is a lot of flirting going on, not everyone but definately a few, I thought it made sense to start a dating thread, I've obviously hit a nerve, what a strange site... perhaps some of you take this site far too seriously..
(and no, I am not jelous, I am happily taken for )
Old 15th April 2009, 15:21

Mood
Pensive

I would like to see a dating section or a spin off dating forum. But probably not enough eligible men in my age group
Old 15th April 2009, 15:22

Mood
Alienated

thats a bit freudian that - taken for (dont you meanen SPOKEN for)-
so what are you "taken" for? or maybe you are MIStaken for someone?
The seriousness or lightness of these boards is as much in the eye of the reader as in the mind of the message-poster.
My fave t-shirt is one with the words-
I DO NOT HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM
YOU HAVE A PERCEPTION PROBLEM

Too right mate I said to the wearer wherupon he shouted "what are you starin at" and punched me
Old 15th April 2009, 15:25

Mood
Spaced

Quote:
not everyone but definately a few
Quote:
everyone is blatantly trying to pull each other

I smell a backtrack Accusing everyone of taking things too seriously really is a last resort, this is a support site so I don't think it's a big deal to expect a bit of sensitivity.
Closed Thread