Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 31st May 2018, 19:27

Default Re: Wellbeing Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
what kinda meal replacements you having?
just cheap ones from Tesco, made up with soya light milk.
One for breakfast & one for lunch then a bowl of soup for tea. Also cups of tea and a low calorie hot chocolate at about 9pm.

Not sure how long I'll do this, but it has made me aware of just how much I eat when I'm not even a bit hungry.
Old 31st May 2018, 19:30

Mood
Sneaky

Excuse my mumsy tone but that doesnt sound very much calories :$ but yeah im really prone to nervous eating, when i manage to break that cycle im shocked to find im not really that bothered about food. Until i start eating rubbish again of course Dx
Old 2nd June 2018, 20:46

It's OK so far. Mainly because I decided to have Fridays and Saturdays off... So had a meal last night and some wine.
I had an omelette last night and some bread and hummus.
Today I had cereal for breakfast and some fruit as well as my shake for lunch and soup.

Tomorrow ill go back to the 2 shakes & bowl of soup. I am not losing any weight but I probably won't. I'm a physical mess.
Old 2nd June 2018, 22:10

^ Well done, Jinny, I hope you manage to lose weight for your holiday! I am not a fan of shakes and all that meal replacement thing, anything fake, but if it works for you NOW, it's ok, whatever gets you to your goal! Just think of what you'll do afterwards, focus on real, natural food, cut the rubbish out and you'll be fine!
Old 6th June 2018, 09:03

@ Jinny, I read your yesterday's posts about eating...I wanted to suggest a food diary. Have you tried it? I used to keep a piece of paper in my pocket and would write down everything I ate, I only did it so I can keep track of kcal, not looking at what I actually eat. I still do it on days when I know I'll be around a lot of food and it would be too much to keep it in the head. So it's not a real food diary, but I am able to control myself with this simple trick, you could also use it to see what you actually eat, how nutritious your food is etc, but for me it's all about the total kcal intake. I do choose heathier foods though. And you only need to drop a dress size, if I remember, so don't give up! You'll get there and don't put too much pressure on your self...on the days when I fail...that piece of paper goes in the bin before it's even dinner time, and it's forgotten right there

I think myfitnesspal has one of the best online food diaries, I tried it for maybe a week or two, it's not for me, too much faff, I keep it very simple. But you could have a look, maybe
Old 8th June 2018, 15:33

^thank you

I have lost a few pounds, but I know how easily they go back on.

I'm eating some of the time, but trying not to eat refined carbs, which I am thinking of as a longer term thing.
So I'm eating a mix of protein & veg..but no refined carbs. I don't get hungry...just a bit bored...my husband has put a pack of mars bars in the fridge & they look really delicious! I'm not even a big chocolate eater, but they look like little bars of heaven.
Old 13th June 2018, 13:07

I haven't been doing well this week. We went out for a meal on Friday, with lots of wine & that's started me back on the drink/carbs cycle. I can't manage without carbs if I've had a few drinks the night before.
I'm having a proper day off from EVERYTHING today. not trying to improve anything, including myself.
Old 13th June 2018, 17:39
Global Moderator

Mood
Happy

Noticing that my cfs is through the roof at the moment and I really don't feel well with it. I suspect my recent diet of stodge and junk is the culprit.

So as of today - healthier food, a lot more water and I've also started taking turmeric supplements - they're supposed to be anti-inflammatory and inflammation is the root of all evil, or so I've read.
Old 13th June 2018, 17:48

^ I got through a jar of turmeric capsules quite recently ... what's the main ingredient? Capsicum or something. Didn't notice much improvement ... can't remember why i took them neither

You do seem to like your stodge - are you a fussy eater?
Old 13th June 2018, 18:07
Global Moderator

Mood
Happy

^ I don't know what I'm expecting to feel after taking them for a while tbh. Not even sure what I'm hoping for I read somewhere recently though that inflammation is behind a lot of health problems, possibly including depression so I thought it would be worth giving them a go.

I am a fussy eater. I have super sensitive tastebuds so stuff that other people say is sweet just tastes bitter and sharp to me. Me and most fruit/veggies aren't really friends which doesn't bode well for my attempts to eat healthily.
Old 13th June 2018, 18:38

Yeah, perhaps that was what sold it for me, that it was a general 'fix-all', along with whatever it was i actually wanted fixing. Curcumin is the main active ingredient (not capsicum (is that something? did i make it up?)) but it's poorly absorbed into the system and it's highly recommended that you take your supplement with black pepper or that you buy your supplement with peperine included. I didn't take it with pepper nor do i know whether my supplement included peperine :/

That's too bad, i love fruit & veg. I've become far from fussy in my older age. Have you tried different varieties of fruit & veg to experiment?
Old 13th June 2018, 19:42
Global Moderator

Mood
Happy

^ Interesting, I didn't know that about the black pepper. I'm not too keen on the idea of tipping a teaspoon of it down my next though.

If I'm honest, I haven't done an awful lot of experimenting with fruit and veg because I'm lazy. It's definitely something I'm going to have to look into doing. I'd be tempted to ask for any recommendations if I didn't think it'd just become a reason for you to suggest I get myself a cucumber
Old 13th June 2018, 22:24

Yeah, it looks like most of them include black pepper/peperine, so you should be good. You could always take it after a meal, if you use pepper.

Go on, experiment! There's so many varieties of apples (for instance), you're not telling me you dislike them all. Or try eating bananas at different stages of ripening - most people have a preference for that sort of thing (i'm not a fan of overly ripe one's).

You mention cucumber .. (there's no helping some ) ... have you tried cheese & cucumber sarnies? Honestly, it's not too noticeable - not that it's particularly flavoursome anyway, but i really enjoy them. Try onion if you're not a cucumber sorta girl..
Old 14th June 2018, 10:47

I'm still feeling rubbish and struggling.

still just mostly watching garden rescue and eating too much. I am hoping next week will be more positive.

do you like salad Kooky? when I'm feeling bad my cooking gets really simple, but I still like my kids to eat veg, so I feed them a lot of chopped cucumber, sliced peppers & sugar snap peas, which you can eat raw. I eat sugar snap peas out of the bag, like crisps, they're really nice.

dried fruit is good for you too, raisons are full of iron.
Old 3rd September 2018, 23:46

I've lost a lot of weight in a week.

Fasting DIP DIVE.