SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd April 2012, 21:49

Default Re: Post your random crap here (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Love My Cats
^ Not for everyone currently. And there will be a lot of people who are vulnerable who don't fit the criteria for continuing to have it paid directly and have never had that responsibility before now
I see. It's a bleeding shambles
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:50

Something funny happened on my health and safety course today,

Teacher asked everyone if we had ever used a fire extinguisher and everyone just looked blank faced then from the back of the room this young lad gives it "Yeah, i've used one on a burning tank in helmand province while getting shot at by the enemy"

Most random and unexpected sentence i've ever heard lol, Paratrooper with military medal for bravery and valour on job seekers, sat in a classroom with a bunch of muppets, funny old world we live in.

Very strange talking to someone that's killed loads of people and hear them talk about it with a straight face like it's just a day job
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:51

Mood
Alienated

well thats this house screwed, my mums had MS for like 30 years..suppose it depends how far you have to be able to walk..she can just about walk round the house sure..but she cant work..or get to work!

pretty much the only income is her disability stuff with my dad on sick..

pff ..and my uselessness is no help...
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark101
So if i'm gonna get knocked back for ESA should i just go on JSA and then tell them i'm not fit for work but i've decided to save myself the stress and cut out the middle man?
Wait and see if you fail the ESA medical first (it's more than likely that you will fail). If you then think you are strong enough to appeal and maybe have to face a tribunal, then you should do that too. However, even if you win a tribunal, they can call you in for another medical a few months down the line, and you will have to go through the whole sorry process again.

If you sign for JSA you have declared yourself fit for work and will get called in for work-related interviews and stuff. That is what is going to happen to me but I'm past caring TBH.
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:26

Quote:
Yeah but how about once they start piling on the pressure,take this job! go to that interview! what then? can you cope with that?
I don't know. I'll probably have a nervous breakdown and end up in hospital again like last time. Oh the joys.
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:12

Mood
Alienated

Or if your in my town ..you can just say you havent applied for anything because theres toss all to apply for

..and they nod agree and let you go

Part of me is grateful..the other parts realises im screwed
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:23
Banned

different places vary. My friend in Newcastle became unemployed a few months ago and he has said they give him the 3rd degree everytime he signs on over what he's done, always making sure he's filled in the form and checking with employers that he's applied and gone to interiviews. They even ring him up at home about potential jobs, where as other places you just sign on confirm your d.o.b and address and walk out again.
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:29
Banned

Probably depends alot on the person actually doing your case (not sure how it works). But i guess if you get some jobsworth you are ****ed whereas someone who doesn't care will not pressure you all the time in getting a job.
Old 2nd April 2012, 23:48

They are quite nice to me at the Job Centre. I always go in reasonably smart and have a little folder with all my stuff in. It makes a difference I think, some of the little gangsters are always getting moaned at. As long as you are polite, fill in the job search diary (it can be a load of shit but as long as it looks legit you should be fine) and are on time to appointments it's reasonably cushy.
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:22

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnni
Probably depends alot on the person actually doing your case (not sure how it works). But i guess if you get some jobsworth you are ****ed whereas someone who doesn't care will not pressure you all the time in getting a job.
Well i do..sign on with practically different people every week (i do wonder how many staff they have!) I did have someone once who told me to take a bit of paper to fill in..but then she even admitted she didnt expect to see anything on it Had some old woman last time i signed on though, she was telling me how much i was wasting my life and how she was concerned about me...oddly i havent seen her this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom123
They are quite nice to me at the Job Centre. I always go in reasonably smart and have a little folder with all my stuff in. It makes a difference I think, some of the little gangsters are always getting moaned at. As long as you are polite, fill in the job search diary (it can be a load of shit but as long as it looks legit you should be fine) and are on time to appointments it's reasonably cushy.
Jesus a folder!, i think im the most well presented one at my office just because ive showered and sometimes i even shave. I see the security guards kicking off at the loud gobby ones though, i just want to be in and out!
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:33

Just downloaded the Wrestlemania that was on the other night. I haven't watched wrestling for about 10years but my god it has made me smile. Watching Undertake V HHH and John Cena V The Rock was hillacious.

No matter what people say about wrestling, they put on a damn good show.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:46
Banned

^ I am tempted to watch it also having not watched it for yrs just cos of the billing i heard about.
Old 3rd April 2012, 22:50

^ It's worth it. I skipped the rest of the matches cos I didn't know half the people who were but those two matches are worth it, especially if you used to like it. I feel like a little kid again tbh. Might have to get out my Playstation and play Smackdown 2: Know your role (best wrestling game ever)
Old 4th April 2012, 02:55

Mood
Alienated

stuck having to build a new garden fence at the next doors neighbours speed..so instead of 1 afternoon job its been 3 days now and we've done 1 panel...

although judging by the noises and all this wind we may be back to 0 panels pretty nuts out there..ive heard at least 3 bins go for a run down the drive
Old 4th April 2012, 11:36
Banned at own request

Mood
Relaxed

Old 4th April 2012, 12:41
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom123
^ It's worth it. I skipped the rest of the matches cos I didn't know half the people who were but those two matches are worth it, especially if you used to like it. I feel like a little kid again tbh. Might have to get out my Playstation and play Smackdown 2: Know your role (best wrestling game ever)
I used to watch WCWW Nitro on the TNT channel years ago, it was pretty awesome tbh cos around that time they had all the old wrestlers in it from WWF like Hulk Hogan, Razor Ramon making up the nWo trying to take over WCW.

Best moment ever!
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1y...d-yellow_sport
Old 4th April 2012, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kony
Can't wait to have a shit on it later and try it out.
On the toilet seat? Eeeww!
Old 4th April 2012, 21:07
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kony
For months my parents haven't got round to replacing a toilet seat in our house, but no worries, cos ima got it sorted. No doubt they were just waiting for a ****ing MAN to come home and deal with it. *swagger*
Who they get to deal with it then?
Old 4th April 2012, 21:50
Banned

Knocker Up AGAIN on ITV2, might aswell lol.

EDIT: There's Demolition Man & Alien 4 on also, not sure now what to watch.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:15

Location: Worthing, West Sussex. A town full of Chavs, Slags, OAP's and nothing to do!

Mood
Nerdy

Rant about British Government (may cause offence) http://www.scribd.com/doc/88023450/T...ish-Government
Old 4th April 2012, 23:40

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommo1234
Rant about British Government (may cause offence) http://www.scribd.com/doc/88023450/T...ish-Government
Stopped reading as soon as you started slagging LFC off.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:48

Location: Worthing, West Sussex. A town full of Chavs, Slags, OAP's and nothing to do!

Mood
Nerdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benfica
Stopped reading as soon as you started slagging LFC off.
Quote:
i stopped instantly when i saw arsenes name,obviously a bitter southern united fan who gets a lot of stick from some gooners
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
Old 4th April 2012, 23:50
Banned

Quote:
Rant about British Government (may cause offence if you not a Utd fan) http://www.scribd.com/doc/88023450/T...ish-Government
Fixed.
Old 4th April 2012, 23:57

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
I was interested in reading until then. Alienating your audience from the off tends to be a big mistake if you want to get your points heard, I suppose.

No offence meant.
Old 5th April 2012, 03:08

Quote:
If only someone in the government could read this... This could instigate the change we need.

Alright, so I'm being a sarcastic dick but I read it and I don't feel like being nice. If you're below the age of 14 I'll let you off.

If you are any older then maybe blogging just isn't for you?
Old 5th April 2012, 10:25
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

My nephew's favourite song atm.
Old 5th April 2012, 13:31

^Yeah. "So what have you been doing lately" "Oh, this and that***8230;" when I actually should say "Lying in bed staring at the ceiling until 3pm every day contemplating what the hell I can possibly do with my life then playing mindless videogames until 4 in the morning because it's the only possible way I can distract myself from this absolute misery***8230; how about you?"

Also that duck is a cheeky bastard.
Old 5th April 2012, 19:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan_
Does anyone lie a lot to survive social engagement? I do.
I prefer half-truths. I try to embellish things as much as I can to make them sound more interesting.

(Also a good technique for job interviews, BTW.)
Old 5th April 2012, 21:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma792
I love that duck
Don't, that kind of behaviour shouldn't be encouraged. The lemonade stand guy would be totally justified for breaking it's neck.
Old 6th April 2012, 01:40

Mood
Scurvy

I was terrible at sharing with people but in my group meeting a guy said I was hiding stuff when I went home and got on the internet and pretended to be someone else and I was a pervert.

It came in from so left-field I just spluttered about only speaking to fellow waste of spacers on-line and saying that Piroxetine had taken away all my sexual thoughts and I couldn't even masturbate.

I was really annoyed at first and then I was like, wow I've just opened my heart to a hard as nails twat and he's just hugged me for doing it. Life's quite cool sometimes.
Closed Thread