SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st February 2019, 20:46

Mood
Crappy

Default Someone I went to school with

So after work today, my mom asked me if I knew someone I went to school with had died. I was really suprised. I went online and sure enough he's dead. Being called a murder,he was found by his girlfriend when she got home from work.

He was a little shorter than me, age 21. Me and him were on the football team together in 2015. We worked out together for 3 years from 2014-2016. Graduated in 2016.

He was the one nicest person to me on the football team and I would tell anyone that before he died. He was super popular in school. Workout warrior, he was always wearing Super Man shirts.
Old 1st February 2019, 20:50

Mood
Crappy

Default Re: Someone I went to school with

But I remember in High School he also liked to smoke Cannabis. It's illegal over here but I'd say 90% of young people do it. I haven't seen him but maybe 3 or 4 times since we graduated. But I learned about 4 months ago he had became a seller and that was his main job.

A lot of people may say there is nothing wrong with cannabis. But when you are secretly selling it in you're home in our poor county I imagine you will attract the wrong people in you're life and I wonder if that's what happened to my friend.
Old 2nd February 2019, 01:36

Mood
Crappy

What happened was someone was trying to rob him last night and they shot him. I imagine it was over the weed. There are a bunch of evil people in the world.
Old 2nd February 2019, 02:33

So sorry to hear about your old school friend Gomen, it must have been an awful shock for you
It sounds like your pal had so much potential before taking cannabis and falling in with the wrong crowd. A desperately tragic end to such a young life
Old 8th February 2019, 21:50

Mood
Crappy

I just cant get this out my mind. And its messing with my brain.
Old 8th February 2019, 22:04

Mood
Tired

America is the home of the gun, unfortunately,
Just think yourself lucky you're not involved in drugs Gomen.
Old 8th February 2019, 22:35

It's still early days, Gomen, and I think it will take a while for you to get over the shock of losing an old school friend in such a violent and untimely way.

An old school friend of mine was killed in her 20's as the result of a tragic accident and for a long time after I would get tearful thinking about it even though I hadn't seen her for years before her death. When one of our peers dies young it also brings into focus our own mortality and reminds us of how fragile our lives are. Sadly as your friend had gotten involved in drug crime it was never likely to end well.

Give yourself more time to heal from the shock Gomen
Old 9th February 2019, 02:07

Mood
Grumpy

Really sorry to hear about this - I feel for everyone involved. I remember when I was at secondary school and we got invited for a final farewell gig for Sixth-formers, and the Headmaster basically stood up and predicted how many people would die/wouldn't be around in x amount of years because of war or drugs, depression, what have you. His prediction was kinda scary, but on point. I guess it teaches you to not take a second for granted; likewise make the most of your friends!