SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th May 2015, 20:25

Default Changing career

I am a radiographer and have been for the past 6 years. I have been unhappy in the profession for a long time now and feel like it is making me feel very depressed and unfulfilled. It is not that I am not good at it, its more the fact that it is so thankless and you have to deal with bad attitudes and rude patients on a daily basis.

I am constantly clock watching and feel like I am wasting my life being unhappy at work.

I am also a very creative person and the job is repetitive.

I'm not sure what the solution is as I live alone and support myself so I cant just leave. I have been thinking that a career in the health and fitness industry may suit me as I love attending fitness classes, have a yoga certificate, and feel very happy and positive when I am at the gym.

I would have to do a basic level qualification first ,but could fit this around work as some of the basic courses are distance learning with weekend attendance.

I am posting to see whether others have successfully changed careers, and in fact, to see if anyone else works within the fitness industry and could advice on whether they enjoy it etc....