SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th January 2019, 12:10
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Well it looks like the help from the care agency is going to be cancelled

Well it looks like the help from the care agency is going to be cancelled. They've assessed me to contribute £70.80 from pw from 26th March and £74.66 from 27th April.

But go on to say that as the assessed contribution is higher than the cost of care provision I will need to pay the full cost of care provided and not the higher contribution.

My stepdaughter says we'll pay the person who comes in direct rather than going through the care agency.It is a case of getting the help while not being too much out of pocket.

The funny thing is this would not have been a problem financially if the government had returned the £65 pw severe disability premium as they had promised to do.
Old 20th January 2019, 10:40

Mood
Scared

Default Re: Well it looks like the help from the care agency is going to be cancelled

You can appeal to this decision, my friend is going through the same problem. Hope you work it out somehow.
Old 20th January 2019, 11:29

Default Re: Well it looks like the help from the care agency is going to be cancelled

So you won't receive any financial support for the care you need.
Old 20th January 2019, 11:33
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

It gets worse . My stepdaughter has checked the letter and it's back fees from March last year they are after. Of course as you do I based my spending on the situation at the time. I'm not even sure I'll have the savings to cover it. My stepdaughter will try to sort it tomorrow. All this for 3 hours help a week. Given that social care problems are often a part of being severely mentally ill it really should be covered by the NHS, as should such help for the physically disabled.

I think given serious underfunding of social care it's only going to get worse . It's a sad reflection along with welfare policy on how the disabled and elderly are regarded ie more burden and /or scrounger than people with genuine needs.