Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th March 2016, 00:17

Mood
Sad

Default Over 40

What do you think the future holds when you're over 40? I feel very gloomy and feel that everything is aimed towards young people.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:11

Default Re: Over 40

I think that depends on the person, it can be whatever you want/are capable of
Old 17th March 2016, 11:16

Mood
Breezy

I'm 41 next week and I still have 30+ years of career ahead of me. When you think of it like that, you are never too old for anything

We are now in our prime. A lot of life experience behind us, still a young outlook on life and the wisdom to not make the same mistakes over and over again. I like that Jung quote
Old 17th March 2016, 19:43

Sunshine and rainbows
Old 23rd April 2016, 00:20
Banned a own request

Im about to be 44. Life is better now than before. Im less lonely, im busier, I do more stuff I like, like seeing live gigs, pub, comedy, just more stuff I enjoy. I was an attractive woman in my youth, but now I dont feel the pressure of that anymore. I feel more invisible. I dont feel like a sex object anymore. Less pressure all round, I can go to the shop with no makeup on and not care. Not because I care less about myself, because I care less about other peoples opinions. I have a teenage son, yet refuse to be mumsy. I dont wear frumpy clothes, I listen to indie/punk music, wear killer heels when I feel like it, and like a good laugh. I dont care about my age really, im happier than I was before. Also, the SA has eased off because I don't care what others think so much. No one cares if a 40yo acts weird. As a young woman, you are constantly being looked at and judged.
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:31

I know what you mean as I hit 30 and I find myself so envious of like 18 year olds!

But I think you can be really happy and life can be great at any age, really.
Lots of my family in their 40/50/60's really do have such fun/busy lives.
It's not so much an age thing as a mental health thing, I guess!...
Old 23rd April 2016, 08:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
If you really enjoy simple things & feel content because it's sunny or your sandwich is tasty or your dog is waggy, then age really has no effect on life whatsoever. I enjoy more in life now than I used to, because I give less of a f*** about what I 'achieve' in life.
That's an interesting paragraph.
It kind of makes me think of myself.
I hate myself because I appear to lack any motivation, and i've natrually never 'succeeded' in anything.
But at the same time, I'm so content with the little things most of the time.
I kind of don't need much to be fairly happy/content.
Sometimes I think it's a curse, but at other times, it feels like a blessing.
Old 23rd April 2016, 17:46

Mood
Nerdy

I've reached my fifties and I'm doing more now than I ever did in my 30s or 40's.
Old 24th April 2016, 00:59

Mood
Pensive

One good thing about having SA as we wont regret missing out on things once we turn 40 as we have been missing out on things already so wont be such a shock.
Old 24th April 2016, 21:05
Banned a own request

^Thats upsetting to read. .
Old 24th April 2016, 21:35

Mood
Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermannHesse
Still, there's small comfort to ponder that not only is humanity a doomed species, but that every single being living at this moment right now - except Mick Jagger - will soon be, in the equivalence of a cosmic wink, a putrid, maggot filled carcass.
There are many ways the human race could be wiped out in my lifetime. I'm feeling hopeful.

The older I get, the closer to exit I am, the more cheerful I become.
Old 25th April 2016, 18:30
Banned a own request

No, i dont think its a mum thing. I love my boy, he is the apple of my eye, but my life doesnt begin and end with him. If your kids are your whole life, thats just a personal choice, but its not the ultimate in fulfilment for everyone. Dont feel guilty that it isnt enough for you ichigo. You sound depressed, kids or no kids.
Old 25th April 2016, 19:29
Membrane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo
I dont do anything, I have no friends. I go to work and I go home thats it. I dont even get any love (if you know what I mean) from the other half either, so I have zero physical contact with any other adult. Im a sad sack because I yearn to be wanted and Im not.
I know your feels bro. Have a man hug. (nohomo)
Old 25th April 2016, 19:54

At 37 I feel there's nothing left in the world for me, nothing that interests me, a dead career, no wish for friends, not much enjoyment in anything, I travelled around the world when I was younger and feel like I've seen it all. In my 20s I had a ton of motivation, now I have none, I feel very old and tired fighting my thoughts and feelings. It's a slippery slope to death now really.
Old 2nd May 2016, 15:02

Mood
Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo
I dont do anything, I have no friends. I go to work and I go home thats it. I dont even get any love (if you know what I mean) from the other half either, so I have zero physical contact with any other adult. Im a sad sack because I yearn to be wanted and Im not.
This is exactly me. I don't know where it went so wrong. I was always quiet at junior school but I was also popular. Had lots of friends and would even say I was a 'leader' in my group. It annoyed me at times that all my mates just seemed to follow me around.

Leaving high school and waiting for my first day at 6th form I think was my first day of realisation that I was a loner and all my mates at high school weren't coming to 6th form as planned.

I've always had jobs and girlfriends so not as bad as u give myself credit sometimes but now I just go to work, cone home, watch the same old crap on TV, eat the same old food, read the same stuff and wake up next morning to repeat all over again.

As much as it pains me to say it the only enjoyment I get is from masturbating - for a very short period I forget who I am.

Guess that means I am a wanker! Brill.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Old 7th May 2016, 20:03

Mood
Lurking

I've never liked thinking ahead. Even when I was a teenager I wouldn't think about the future. It always scared me even then for some reason. The worst thing you could've asked me then was 'so, where do u see yourself in 5 years time?'

As someone who never thought she'd get to 30, I'm now 2 years off hitting 40. No idea what lies ahead. If things will get better or not. I guess time will tell.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Old 13th May 2016, 18:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by HermannHesse
I hate this "age is just a number" claptrap.

It isn't.

The facts are that men are at their peak, 19-45, women 17-35. A man's fate over 45 is almost certainly sealed: if he has been a loser in his 20's, a loser in his 30's, the rest of his life is most likely to be just as worthless.

No one is getting younger. The older we get, the more our bodies begin to break, unt il one day it breaks for good. A 40-year-old just does not have the same opportunities, energy and purpose, as a 25-year-old. With every added year the body and brain rots away a little more and social, sexual, intellectual opportunities dwindle. Still, there's small comfort to ponder that not only is humanity a doomed species, but that every single being living at this moment right now - except Mick Jagger - will soon be, in the equivalence of a cosmic wink, a putrid, maggot filled carcass. Whereas a 25-year-old is naively meandering toward this fate, 40 year old is rushing toward it (with eyes closed, in most instances).

What is the solution? There is no solution. And so, if you want to **** someone, stop playing games and **** 'em. Time is running out. If you want to knock someone out, stop prevaricating, grab a blunt instrument and give them a taste of short, sudden, unapologetic justice.
You'll never succeed with an attitude like that if thE whole world is negative you will never get anywhere. So I'd suggest getting some help before you spend your whole life in a negative zone.
Old 24th May 2016, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyfan
You'll never succeed with an attitude like that if thE whole world is negative you will never get anywhere. So I'd suggest getting some help before you spend your whole life in a negative zone.
Exactly! Crikey there's some negativity on this thread. I'm 46, have had SA all my life but just wallowing in it isn't going to change anything (not preaching, I just don't understand the wallowing on here). Plus ca change gang!