SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd August 2012, 17:37

Mood
Torn

Default Re: Relationships - anyone given up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by les
For me it is not a question of giving up on relationships, it's more of I am happy in my own skin, I don't need to be in any relationship to be happy, yes I still fell a bit of a numpty dining out alone in some swanky restaurant in London, or going to see a show on my own.
Now I see that it is only costing me half of what it would cost to go as a couple, so I now go twice as much. My cup is 1/2 full!
Yes, I think that is great but, somehow, I still find that it is still more acceptable for men than women. Perhaps I'm wrong.

I can't go to the theatre on my own - it would only be possible during the day, and I don't feel that it's the same. Actually dining alone, which I have done practically all my life, is becoming increasingly harder, unbelievable as that may sound. I only usually go to somewhere quite ordinary, but everyone seems in pairs, or groups, unintentionly, accerbating my loneliness. I feel everyone can sense, with that primitive antenae, that I'm bit of a pathetic outcast!

Old 5th August 2012, 01:17

Mood
Bored

After the last disaster I've decided singledom isn't so bad - that isn't just making the best of it as such, I mean that I don't 'mind' being on my own.

I've done the dating over the last few years and it was fun and horrible in equal measures, an experience you might call it - for better or worse.

Have I given up hope? Not totally, but as time goes by it seems less likely.

PS. I've just had the horrible feeling I've contributed on this thread before... Oh well LOL
Old 5th August 2012, 01:49

Mood
Doh

I haven't given up I just don't think I have the energy for one lol. Saying that though I have been speaking to someone I'm starting to like recently.
Old 5th August 2012, 01:58

Mood
Fine

I'm fairly pessimistic about the possibility now. I may be chasing the impossible, but all I want is someone friendly, easy going, funny and sexy, who likes drinking wine, eating and having fun and is less than 10 years older than me. Is that too much to ask? Maybe if I take more risks in life I'll be more likely to find such an illusive person.