Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th February 2017, 12:39
Banned at own request

Mood
Blah

Default losing your looks

I'm 33 in a month and the inevitable wrinkles and lines have started to set in and they are making me look like I am frowning all the while.

I know there's nothing you can do about aging but how do people deal with it?
Old 19th February 2017, 13:23

Default Re: losing your looks

Style it out. The most mediocre of looks can be mitigated into something more pleasing with a well-thought out haircut and carefully-chosen wardrobe.

***k me I sound like a tool. But I stand by my rather pretentious comments though
Old 19th February 2017, 16:49

Mood
Balanced

Nothing much to lose in the first place..Finally, I'm getting my revenge on all those attractive people who had so much more riding on it..it must be so much worse for them!
Old 19th February 2017, 16:59

Ah cannae lose wha' ah nea ha'.
But if I did, I'd emulate the old fella over the road who puts black boot polish in his hair, and also the woman who used to live down the street* who injected her cheeks with old chip fat.
Or I'd have to find a way to accept it. Maybe get rid of my mirrors and replace them with pictures of how I used to look. I don't know, get much older friends, maybe?
Acceptance or resistance is all there is.

*I sometimes wonder where she disappeared to so suddenly.
Old 19th February 2017, 17:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by umm
Style it out. The most mediocre of looks can be mitigated into something more pleasing with a well-thought out haircut and carefully-chosen wardrobe.

***k me I sound like a tool. But I stand by my rather pretentious comments though
100% this. You can look the dog's bollogs at any age, can be sexy at any age, as long as you get the clothes right, and I don't mean dressing like a teenager when you're a 30/40/50/60/70-something. Style goes a long way and wrinkles have little relevance to one's overall attractiveness in the grand scheme of things - embrace it all!
Old 19th February 2017, 21:36

Mood
Shoveit

I'm frantic about losing my boris Karloff forehead and shrek nose. ***128580;
Old 20th February 2017, 00:24

Mood
Insomnious

Never had any "looks" to start with. I have the sort of face that only a mother could say "Put it back in! It's not done yet." I can relate a lot to the Elephant Man. I'm a human being. Probably. I have the sort of face that you see on the news when they say "... before taking his own life."
Old 20th February 2017, 18:45

Mood
Fine

Not much anyone can do about it really , so why worry?

Ageing happens to everyone, no one is immune to its effects, so its pointless to let it bug you.
Old 21st February 2017, 18:49

Mood
Shoveit

In all honesty I don't like the way I look at all, never have. Any ways lately when I feel all cringe when I'm out and feel myself losing all notion of why I thought going outside was a good idea I just think along the lines of **** em. If they don't like it they can look away or maybe try saying something instead of staring and see where that gets them. Life's too short. I'm not exactly old but can't see the point in caring what strangers think so obsessively anymore. We are all unique for good or bad and people should handle their own shit before casting judgements on others for not fitting any of the default stereotypes they cling to.

So just say **** it and do whatever you were doing before you started worrying about how you look