Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th July 2018, 22:48

Mood
Sneaky

Default have you ever met someone more awkward than yourself, in real life*

*not from this site

post any tales of not being the most awkward person in the room/village/nandos

as a starter, someone where i work stutters a lot when they are on the phone and it makes me feel so much better about my awful telephone manner
Old 16th July 2018, 23:03

Mood
Sneaky

Default Re: have you ever met someone more awkward than yourself, in real life*

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
Yes, my sister's ex was mega awkward. I knew him really well though so knew him when he wasn't the awkward version of himself.

He came round for dinner for the first time and he was bricking it because my Mum is quite intimidating. She gave everyone their food and was like, "Say cheers, DAVE!"

She meant raise your glass and say cheers, but he was like, "uh.. uh.. Thank you!"

He thought she meant say thank you for the food.

I couldn't stop laughing and it made me cry.

Needless to say, awkward people don't like me because I will laugh at them. I find my own awkwardness funny too. I'm a bit mean :/

thats a really excellent personality trait xD do you do anything else like this, like laughing at poor people for being poor?
Old 16th July 2018, 23:04

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
I don't think so.

I'm like this:

god damn rachel riley

but yeah on topic, you mean you sound sarky all the time? thats rough
Old 16th July 2018, 23:08

^^^Haha, my friend is like that. I asked him to go up with me to the canteen at college once because I wanted chips but I'd never gotten anything from there before and I didn't know what to ask for. He looked at me like I was a tit and said 'you say, can I have chips, and they say yes and give you the chips' and laughed at me, but went up with me anyway. So we get in the queue and he goes, I kind of want a toastie now so I said well get one then. He goes, but I've only ever ordered chips from here and I don't know what to say. He ****ing paid for that one.
Old 16th July 2018, 23:17

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylian
More of a case of only being able to flirt in a bantery way. Anything else and I am liable to fizzle like a collapsing balloon and speak words out of order (or give up speaking halfway through a sentence, lol)

aw i think thats workable, a lot of people dont really go in for mush...and then chemistry is based off of being a smart ass rather than the poet laureate

i really wanna ask you if my bum looks big to see what youll say
Old 16th July 2018, 23:21

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Wife
^^^Haha, my friend is like that. I asked him to go up with me to the canteen at college once because I wanted chips but I'd never gotten anything from there before and I didn't know what to ask for. He looked at me like I was a tit and said 'you say, can I have chips, and they say yes and give you the chips' and laughed at me, but went up with me anyway. So we get in the queue and he goes, I kind of want a toastie now so I said well get one then. He goes, but I've only ever ordered chips from here and I don't know what to say. He ****ing paid for that one.

Old 17th July 2018, 06:50
Banned

Yes.
Met someone few years back, he hardly said a thing to me. I felt I had to keep talking ,too many awkward silences. Not sure if he had Asperger's or what
Old 17th July 2018, 09:31

No. I take about 10 mins to start speaking, then when I do I speak slowly and stutter a lot. Along with that I have a deep monotone voice which makes me sound like a sarcy twat half the time.
Luckily it seems that merely being tall saves me from endless ridicule, maybe I scare them.
Old 17th July 2018, 09:36

Mood
Tired

yeah,.. a guy I work with has some interesting traits, but they seem to conflict with my long held stereotypical image of shy awkwardness,

he often appears barely able to speak, or manage to raise his voice, and used to hide in the toilet for long periods etc.
but he's also really lazy and a bit hopeless when it comes to his job, and has a lot of 'hate' for those around him.
as I've always been quite busy and have to keep going all the time ,I can't really relate to his general 'lousiness' it grates on me,
he's also pretty crap at what he's meant to do, and I've always been quite a perfectionist, or at least always try and do the best I can, and take pride in what I do,
so,.. sadly, I find I just can't quite relate to him as much as I'd have liked to,
I've often felt like chatting to him about SA and stuff, but pretty sure he'd just rip the piss,.. he's just got that vibe.

he is super-awkward though,.. if they handed out awards for awkwardness, he'd win first prize.
Old 17th July 2018, 09:41

Not that I can remember, I mean I doubt we'd even speak to one another if that were the case.

Depends how you define awkward though, sometimes people feel compelled to say random things just to keep a conversation going, to me that's awkward, I'd rather just not say anything. I suppose I'm more comfortable with that than some people are, certainly than saying whatever pops into my head. Then I end up giving some nondescript reply such as "yeah" and everyone feels bad. Just don't try!
Old 17th July 2018, 10:56

Mood
Sneaky

theres a guy at work and he walks around not making eye contact with everyone, always seems taken aback if you say hi to him, and on tea breaks he goes and sits by himself, wearing HUUUUUUuuuuuge earphones, like "HEY LOOK EVERYONE I'M LISTENING TO MUSIC, SO NO POINT TRYING TO CHAT TO ME, RIGHT?". I wonder just how similar that is to me from about ten years ago. Cool to see free range sa-ers but it does make me wonder if there are secretly some people i know on this site
Old 17th July 2018, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
Cool to see free range sa-ers:
That line is inspired! Because I’m sure a lot of us can relate to feeling caged up at times, while also wallowing in our own filth. Or maybe that’s just me.

As for the topic of this thread, I have known a few people who are more anxious than myself. And when that happens, I feel somewhat of a kinship with that person. It even gets to the stage where I feel like breaking out in song and giving them a merry dance in appreciation of meeting a fellow saer. Although again, maybe that’s just me.
Old 17th July 2018, 20:05

My friend Ryan can be extremely awkward at times but we mostly laugh about our collective awkwardness.

He once said to a very attractive work colleague " it's nice to see you vertical for a change" he wasn't flirting or anything as he is happily with someone else. Out of context to everyone in the room who didn't know she had been off for months with a back injury it was extremely awkward. When I laughed about it with him after he just said flatly "I shouldn't be allowed to talk to people"
Old 17th July 2018, 21:11

Mood
Alienated

Actually no

All the "stupid things" people have mentioned in here that other people they know have done......I've been just as bad.

I'm going off talking to people, its too much hard work trying not to come across like a special case.
Old 17th July 2018, 21:11

Mood
Shoveit

Nope. The search continues...
Old 17th July 2018, 21:30

^ Are you sure about that lol.
Old 17th July 2018, 21:47

Mood
Shoveit

^lol
Old 17th July 2018, 23:39

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
Nope. The search continues...

it took me many years to find people who were more awkers than me, perseverence is the key
Old 18th July 2018, 21:25

No.
Old 18th July 2018, 21:42

Mood
Sneaky

^ ooh thats a different,but valid, interpretation of awkward. lol yeah theres some coarse persons out there
Old 18th July 2018, 21:43

Mood
Sneaky

one time on a night out with some people from work, this chick got drunk, sat on my lap and told me her whole history of crying in the locker room at work because she thought everyone hated her and so she would hide for most of her shift and talk to her mum while crying on the phone. barely knew her lol. seems to have made a full recovery
Old 18th July 2018, 22:35

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
theres a guy at work and he walks around not making eye contact with everyone, always seems taken aback if you say hi to him, and on tea breaks he goes and sits by himself, wearing HUUUUUUuuuuuge earphones, like "HEY LOOK EVERYONE I'M LISTENING TO MUSIC, SO NO POINT TRYING TO CHAT TO ME, RIGHT?". I wonder just how similar that is to me from about ten years ago. Cool to see free range sa-ers but it does make me wonder if there are secretly some people i know on this site
I think I'm in a funny mood tonight because I couldn't stop laughing when I read the sentence in block capitals.
Old 18th July 2018, 22:59

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink*Lady
I think I'm in a funny mood tonight because I couldn't stop laughing when I read the sentence in block capitals.

i think i might have spent a few decades transmitting that particular message myself
Old 19th July 2018, 17:44

Mood
Confused

I think I notice other awkward people more now I'm a bit more forgiving of my own awkwardness. It's not just me against a world of suave, flawless bastards, like it used to seem. I'm still holding my own near the top of the awkward league table though. I can't form sentences. Today i was tasked with discretely passing someone's leaving card to another table, and more or less started waving it in the air shouting, "Will's! It's Will's card! LOOK OVER HERE!"