SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 7th March 2009, 01:47

Default a complaint!

just realised this, if ever i have written an in depth reply or taking time to write a thread, when i press reply it rocks up with 'you are not logged on' - im a bit pissed of with this now, and im being polite there, its happened loads of times and when one has taken almost a f***ing hour to devise something/anything it dont matter. the fact it comes up with those dreaded words, im more than pissed off ...whats happening???? every flipping time - im toning my language but RRRhhwooorrrrrrhh - you get the gist!

explain!
Old 7th March 2009, 01:55
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: a complaint!

Have you ticked "remember me"?
Old 7th March 2009, 01:58

urm no...whats that then?
Old 7th March 2009, 02:01
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

when you log in there is a box to tick (on the right of the two boxes) which says "remember me?" if you tick that it should keep you logged in.
Old 7th March 2009, 10:49

Mood
Brooding

Surely after the first couple of times you'd get in the habit of copying the contents of your posts just in case your login had expired while typing, allowing you to re-login, paste the contents again and submit the post normally?
Old 7th March 2009, 13:23

Mood
Torn

Quote:
Originally Posted by neski
just realised this, if ever i have written an in depth reply or taking time to write a thread, when i press reply it rocks up with 'you are not logged on' - im a bit pissed of with this now, and im being polite there, its happened loads of times and when one has taken almost a f***ing hour to devise something/anything it dont matter. the fact it comes up with those dreaded words, im more than pissed off ...whats happening???? every flipping time - im toning my language but RRRhhwooorrrrrrhh - you get the gist!

explain!
wow this has been annoying me too! Tho not to your level it seems

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
when you log in there is a box to tick (on the right of the two boxes) which says "remember me?" if you tick that it should keep you logged in.
thanx for that! i'd been looking for this function but couldn't see it - i'm going to look now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charax
Surely after the first couple of times you'd get in the habit of copying the contents of your posts just in case your login had expired while typing, allowing you to re-login, paste the contents again and submit the post normally?
teehee i do this! Thought i was being paranoid
Old 7th March 2009, 17:25

Mood
Amazed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymousLaura
I always thought it just remembers your name and password for when you next log in. Thanks
Old 7th March 2009, 21:55
Banned

If you take too long writing a post it likes to log you out.
so by the time you go to "preview post" or whatever you will be logged out and there is a good chance you will have lost everything you have written. sometimes using the "back" button on your browser can save you other times it wont.

the solution, it is simple really. when writing a post. before previewing it, press Ctrl+A to quickly highlight all the text then press Ctrl+C to copy it. now if you loose your text on the next screen you only have to copy and paste it.

if you don't want to get logged out, the only solution is to type faster!
Old 7th March 2009, 22:39
Co-Administrator

Mood
Dreaming

If you make sure that box is ticked when you log in, then you shouldn't be logged out if you take time to compose a post.
Closed Thread