SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th March 2017, 03:28

Default Alcohol addicted dad

Hi, my father has got alcohol addiction and that is ruining our family. He doubts my mom and believes that she has got an affair with another man. He is saying that he will stop using alcohol only if my mother leave the family. I want both of them in my life. I am pretty sure that alcohol is making my dad do all these cruel things. My relatives have asked us to take him to an alcohol addiction treatment in Edgewood. Can that treatment help my dad to return to the normal life? Please give some genuine replies and suggestions. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th March 2017, 09:29

Default Re: Alcohol addicted dad

Alcohol can be a bastard. If yout dad gets treatment that would, I think, help immeasurable. My mother was an alcoholic and while she was never violent, there was, shall we say, lots of drama. She got sober at age 43 and for the next 25 years her life was pretty good, so: fix that and you fix alot.
Old 9th March 2017, 09:40

Hi, sorry to hear what a tough time you're all having.
I think there's a good chance all your lives will improve if your dad can get off and stay off alcohol. It's got to come from him though, he needs to see alcohol as the problem that needs fixing first.
It's not easy to confront and deal with addiction but it's incredibly worthwhile.
I didn't lose everything as a result of my addiction but I lost enough to wake me up to sober up. Really hope your dad decides to give rehab a try. Best of luck

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 31st May 2017, 11:10

Sad to know about your father***8217;s alcohol addiction. I must recommend you to take help from opiate detox center. That is very famous for curing such addictions. Their treatment is really good that helps people to overcome it.
Old 31st May 2017, 12:45

Mood
Tired

interesting to see some first time posters in same thread both posting embedded internet hyperlinks,..

*too wary to press dat button*