SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 4th April 2007, 16:44

Default Such a sunny hot day today.

It kinda made me feel, I dunno if more anxious is the right word, but sort of more uncomfortable, I knew that I looked good but I just didn't quite feel it.

I also found it more harder to make eye contact than usual. And when talking to a nice looking girl in a shop (it wasn't a conversation, I was just asking about something I wanted to buy) I did feel pretty shy and awkward, and felt like I was looking too serious, but I guess that's how I usually feel talking to a young attractive girl behind a cashout anyway, whether the weathers good or bad.

Well, all in all the day wasn't that bad or anything, and it feels nice to have been out to town.
Old 4th April 2007, 16:57

Default Re: Such a sunny hot day today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross PK
It kinda made me feel, I dunno if more anxious is the right word, but sort of more uncomfortable, I knew that I looked good but I just didn't quite feel it.
I have to say that I really hate this sunny weather. People walking around in shorts (which I'm too shy to do, let alone take my shirt off to sunbathe)

And even seeing attractive people just makes me feel ugly.

:-(
Old 4th April 2007, 16:59

Yeah, I saw so many hot girls today.

I did make eye contact with one in the supermarket when I walked past her and she made eye contact with me, I doubt it means anything though.
Old 4th April 2007, 17:04

Mood
Dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC

Ditto, summer is when I feel most conscious about myself
I like sunny days like today for being in the back garden but being out in public is a different story
Old 4th April 2007, 17:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonStar
I like sunny days like today for being in the back garden but being out in public is a different story
I can just about manage to wear shorts around the house - but even going out on the terrace isn't really comfortable :-(
Old 5th April 2007, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC
Same here I guess now its getting warmer the girlies will be out and about wearing next to nothing, and of course they're the ones that get the attention, makes me feel old and worthless
Old 5th April 2007, 17:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross PK

I also found it more harder to make eye contact than usual. And when talking to a nice looking girl in a shop (it wasn't a conversation, I was just asking about something I wanted to buy) I did feel pretty shy and awkward, and felt like I was looking too serious, but I guess that's how I usually feel talking to a young attractive girl behind a cashout anyway, whether the weathers good or bad.

Well, all in all the day wasn't that bad or anything, and it feels nice to have been out to town.
I sometimes feel a bit depressed too, when its nice. Lonely is the right word. When i see girls my own age in groups around town i feel left out, and wish i had someone to go for a drink with etc etc. xx
Old 5th April 2007, 17:37

Mood
Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles21
I sometimes feel a bit depressed too, when its nice. Lonely is the right word. When i see girls my own age in groups around town i feel left out, and wish i had someone to go for a drink with etc etc. xx
This is how i feel. It feels lonely when you see others out in groups having fun. Then i start feeling depressed about my situation.

Apart from that problem i like the summer. I love to spend time outside walking and such. The winter is such a depressing time, stuck inside all the time.
Old 6th April 2007, 00:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by grimmy
This is how i feel. It feels lonely when you see others out in groups having fun. Then i start feeling depressed about my situation.
I feel a lot worse when I see couples, whether that be in real life, on TV or in mags, makes me feel very lonely
Old 6th April 2007, 01:11

I love spring and summer, but not really hot days, makes me irritable, and nearly everyone walks around with next to nothing on, makes me feel awful, i feel too self conscious to wear shorts/short skirts, and most girls i see have good figures so they can wear what they want and not look hideous.I wear jeans, or 3/4 trousers, its nice to not have to wear a coat, but i do prefer to cover up and hide.
Old 6th April 2007, 02:59

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey77
In summer everything goes crazy. Kids shouting all day. Adults shouting at night. Loud music. It's a nightmare.
Oh yeah, thats another thing I hate, everything and everyone just gets so much louder, aarrgghhh!!! I hate noise, live on a very busy main road, and hate it. Why do people have to be so noisey?
Old 6th April 2007, 11:40

It's a Sunny Hot Day Today, too. I think Winter has gone.

I'm not as bothered by it as i normally am, aswell.
Old 6th April 2007, 12:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannysbabe
I feel a lot worse when I see couples, whether that be in real life, on TV or in mags, makes me feel very lonely
It used to be the same for me, it's usually with young couples though, like teenagers and people in their early twenties.

It's not too bad now, like when I see them in real life it doesn't really bother me that much for some reason (maybe because I've had a bit of success online), but it does still bother me a bit on TV for some reason, and I'll always end up flipping the channel.
Old 6th April 2007, 14:09

Damn I thought I was doing really well with my SA until now, although it may not be an SA issue as such. Just popped to the shops (5min walk) and felt the heat beating down on me making me very irritable. I hate it so much, anyone got any ideas to combat this feeling?

Spring, where are you? Why did you leave?
Old 6th April 2007, 15:07

Thankyou for the advice. I need a miniature crazyfairy on my shoulder to shout motivation and advice at me when I get annoying.
Closed Thread