Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th July 2005, 18:38
Brighteyes

Default Greater Manchester male

Hi,

I am looking to chat with people in my area and learn more about social anxiety. Increasingly I have found myself becoming more withdrawn from other people and tensing up in social situations. I sense SA might be the explanation. I have always been a very shy person but it seems to be increasing.

Hope people can get in touch
Old 11th July 2005, 01:16

Mood
Creative

Default Re: Greater Manchester male

hiay mate

look forward to seeing you at the manc meet

there a bunch of us that do stuff in the manc area, we'll have to discuss stuff at the meet Alan
Old 14th July 2005, 17:07

Smile Re: Greater Manchester male

I too am 30 male living in manchester. I have attend anxiety groups and also attend a the support group that meets every Tuesday night at the Kath Locke Medical Centre in Hulme between 7-9pm which i feel has helped me tremendously. Also see you'll hopefully be at the meet next week. Any questions feel free to PM me or hopefully see you at the group or meet soon.

Take care
Scoot

Here is a link also to the group run by Jeff and Jo which is another thread on this site. In this thread is the groups link also. Hope it may be of some help. I guaruntee if you go it will be. http://www.social-anxiety-community....read.php?t=242

Last edited by Scooterham; 14th July 2005 at 17:21. Reason: Addition of link to local Manchester Support Group thread
Old 17th July 2005, 00:39
Banned at own request

Hello, just wondering if you named yourself after that song in Watership Down?! There is nothing like that sequence for setting me off. I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about it...
Old 21st July 2005, 12:40
Brighteyes

Thanks for the responses everyone, it is good to hear back from you and get some views.

Hope to see some of you at the meet.

Alan x x x
Old 21st July 2005, 17:19

Thumbs up Re: Greater Manchester male

Great see you there!!!!!!!

Scooterham
Old 22nd July 2005, 13:22

Thumbs up Re: Greater Manchester male

Can't argue with that virtue!!!!!!!!!

More than spot on and have experienced as well. Such a weight can lift meeting others that for me , that meeting and talking with others really helped the pressure reduced of the feeling of isolation. Although i believed wasn't on my own , the feeling gained from meeting/talking to others , is so much more and has been a great help.

scooter
Closed Thread