SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 20th June 2013, 16:33

Default Frenemies

The DJ who I'm involved with in The Kylie Act has made it clear he will not proceed with the show-which is already contracted-unless I sleep with him.

This is after 4 years of friendship and I despite my ambitions, I don't consider it an option.

Peter, a more recent friend can also be increadibly mean. I confided in him a few days ago that Gary, a one-time colleague & ex-friend, was texting my parents telling trashing me.

He replied that he also wanted my parents number, so he could tell them 'how stupid their daughter is'.

Me & Peter have since made friends but I'm sorely disillusioned by all this and find it hard to trust people now.

Any advice?
Old 20th June 2013, 17:43

Default Re: Frenemies

i'd rather have no friends than people like that in my life you can do way better and the other guy is a blackmailing dick head if you are contracted to do something then you should bloody well do it.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:20
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Get some better friends. People like this are not worthy of being called a friend.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:34
Banned at own request

^ I agree, I wonder why some SA ppl, me included, try to make friends with ppl who obviously don't seem to appreciate our friendships. I notice I also blame myself abit when not being treated like a friends instead of using my senses to tell me if one isn't being like a friend.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiegirl1980
Get some better friends. People like this are not worthy of being called a friend.
Exactly. They sound like a-holes who are disrespecting Dandelion10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retep
^ I agree, I wonder why some SA ppl, me included, try to make friends with ppl who obviously don't seem to appreciate our friendships.
Many reasons, low self esteem so they think they don't deserve any better, or simply attracting people who could socially dominate or control us (I was like this in secondary school).

Once you get a handle on what you consider good and bad friendship and social behaviour, it's really easy to cut negative people out of your life. Of course you have to have a little optimism to think you can do better, and will continue to try and forge better friendships in the future. You also need to be somewhat comfortable being alone, otherwise you'd take shitty social company over no company.
Old 21st June 2013, 21:32

Mood
Bookworm

What's the The Kylie Act?
Old 21st June 2013, 21:51

Mood
Creative

Maybe we should establish whether this is an actual thing that has happened in real life or something that Dandelion has created in her imagination first (as she has often done in the past) before giving advice

though I do have some excellent bespoke advice for either eventuality
Old 22nd June 2013, 02:32

What's the opposite of frenemies. Enefries?

About the DJ guy. If you have a phone, get him to say what he said again and record the conversation using the voice recorder on it.

You then have a few options:

1. Go to whoever your superior is and show them the evidence
2. Play it back to him and blackmail him into doing the gig otherwise you'll post it online for all his friends to see

Personally, I'd go for the first part of 2, get him to do the gig (if it's vital) and then ruin his reputation online.
Old 24th June 2013, 16:49

Thanks for your advice everyone, I appreciate your comments enormously. It's given me a sense of support I didn't get from anyone or anywhere else. I had no-one else to turn to. So thankyou all! Especially as your answers are so considerate and well thought-out.

It is true unfortunately Hux, although I understand your doubts. I don't consider the things I have said before to be untrue because those moments of telepathy are true to me. His website is 'Ultimate Party Disco' but he's recetly decided to call it 'Big Show Disco', you can check Yell.com under both as he is listed on there.

I have decided to let the whole Act go, it was basically a Kylie Minogue Tribute Act. When I hear or absent-mindedly hum her songs of course it reminds me of that loss but there are other ways to pursue music like at Hoot (a music therapy group with opportunities to perform).

He's also quick to involve others like his brother who has been in prison or threatening to call the police. I did call his bluff on his police threats because I said 'I'm sure the police would be interested to hear about you inappropiate behaviour while I was at your house'.

I haven't heard from him since then.

Me & Peter are now friends and are planning to go into business together. May seem risky but it's no financial risk to me yet he insists on having me on board as co-owner and it will provide me permanent employment which I'm very happy about!

Thanks again X