Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 27th September 2018, 19:18

Mood
Lurking

Default Re: The 30+ how are you feeling thread

^ same here, loaded with the cold at the minute and bored bored bored and feeling like a 70+ year old.
Old 27th September 2018, 20:09
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Old 29th September 2018, 01:45

Mood
Lurking

^ thanks Mo
Old 29th September 2018, 22:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Utterly depressed. I did miss my anti depressant yesterday so maybe that's had a bit of an impact. I think the change in counsellor isn't helping either, perhaps its early days and I haven't got to know her enough (and vice versa) but *sigh* I don't have the same level of mutual understanding going on with her. This week she asked me if i'd ever read 'feel the fear and do it anyway' I could feel myself inwardly rolling my eyes. I was polite but thought Christ this is why I go private to get away from this get a self help book mentality/shite. We talked about employment etc.. I was trying to tell her how trapped I feel in terms of opportunity and she just spun everything into a positive. Same with my housing situation I was telling her about all the lads hanging about in the eve or at weekends - her reply? some people would view that as a friendly neighbourhood (fmfl) Err yeah right.

I'm also lonely and bored. I am at animal sanctuary tomorrow as there short which will hopefully lift my spirits. Might go for a drive afterwards.
Old 29th September 2018, 22:48
Global Moderator

Mood
Happy

^ Good God, she sounds insufferable. I get the feeling she's gained all her knowledge of MH from a textbook. Is there any way you'd be able to change to another counsellor? I know it'd be a right faff to start over with someone else, but if you're not gelling with this one it might be worth considering.

I hope your mood lifts soon
Old 29th September 2018, 23:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Thanks Kooky

Yeah I suppose I could find another counsellor. My previous counsellor died and this is who she handed me over too. So I was hoping that they'd be quite similar, they are in some ways but dunno...I suppose I'd built up a long term history and relationship with my old one. Maybe it's just me adjusting. If I don't feel it's working I probably will change.
Old 2nd October 2018, 23:03

Mood
Musical

Stressful been a crap day in work n gotta do it all again tomorrow which i'm dreading as my Anxiety levels are thru the roof
Old 24th October 2018, 16:46

****ed off. Hate my job. Hate where I live. Why did no one tell me life was gonna be like this when I was riding around on my trike and watching He-Man?
Old 29th October 2018, 14:28

Mood
Sad

Not great suicidal thoughts are the pits (I’m not going to act on them)
Old 29th October 2018, 15:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
This week she asked me if i'd ever read 'feel the fear and do it anyway' I could feel myself inwardly rolling my eyes. I was polite but thought Christ this is why I go private to get away from this get a self help book mentality/shite. We talked about employment etc.. I was trying to tell her how trapped I feel in terms of opportunity and she just spun everything into a positive. Same with my housing situation I was telling her about all the lads hanging about in the eve or at weekends - her reply? some people would view that as a friendly neighbourhood (fmfl) Err yeah right.
ugghhh, oh god some therapists are so useless they really shouldn't be practising. Any reasonably intelligent friend would give you better advice. Sounds like she is more interested in saying the right thing and playing the part of "a therapist" than in actually helping you. When my grandfather was dying, a ****ing awful, pushy young therapist insisted on making him face up to the fact that his wife (my grandmother) had died. He was 76 and in the final stages of cancer ffs. Let him have his comforting delusions. She actually glared at my mother when she tried to intervene. Looking back it makes me boil with anger. She didn't give a **** about my grandfather. She just wanted to be able to go to her supervisor and say "I had a real breakthrough today."
Old 2nd November 2018, 21:04

Mood
Lurking

for anyone not feeling good on this thread

Bit of a moan here soz, I was gonna put it on the rant thread but kept it here as my problems going to the hairdressers continues to continue no matter how old I'm getting.

I was at the hairdressers today 3 and a half hours I was in there and I don't even like the colour I think they made a few mistakes also and it was expensive, total waste of money.
I got my roots done and the balayage lightened but then they had to put toner on it for what felt like ages at the sink. Then when I was getting Olaplex in the girl started fussing through my hair again (i think she was putting on more toner to correct the colour) but she should really have went away and left me with the olaplex treatment in to work on it.
The appointment dragged in and I'm not sure if theres a couple of rude people work there or my social anxiety and paranoia bpd stylee kicked in and I felt a bit lousy.
I should really just go back to dying my own hair or give up trying to do anything with my appearance cos hours in hairdressers and crappy end results are very triggering for this rubbishy old social anxiety malarkey

Sorry for the essay, just getting it out of my system!!
Old 2nd November 2018, 22:12
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ God you did well to stay in the hairdressers that long! It's one of my hates. All the trendy sorts and the never ending chit chat. SA galore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moksha
ugghhh, oh god some therapists are so useless they really shouldn't be practising. Any reasonably intelligent friend would give you better advice. Sounds like she is more interested in saying the right thing and playing the part of "a therapist" than in actually helping you. When my grandfather was dying, a ****ing awful, pushy young therapist insisted on making him face up to the fact that his wife (my grandmother) had died. He was 76 and in the final stages of cancer ffs. Let him have his comforting delusions. She actually glared at my mother when she tried to intervene. Looking back it makes me boil with anger. She didn't give a **** about my grandfather. She just wanted to be able to go to her supervisor and say "I had a real breakthrough today."

Yeah some counsellors are not great, I'm still finding my feet with my new one. That sounds awful though and totally unnecessary
Old 3rd November 2018, 02:15

Mood
Lurking

^ aw thanks yes it can be an SA hell hole in those places lol
Old 3rd November 2018, 09:56

Well done for going, how do you feel about your hair this morning.
Old 3rd November 2018, 11:39

Mood
Lurking

^ thanks newbs, its okay not brilliant I think I'm going to go down and buy some purple shampoo today as I'm scared to wash my hair in ordinary shampoo in case some awful tones start appearing!
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:00

Trigger post

I just started another job ( I have two now) and feel like I don't have time to take a breath. I can't do the 2nd job ( the one I just took on) and talk to people as that would take up more time. I just started and wanting to say it is not for me. I feel distressed actually verbalising I can't do this as I am working. Also people go for a coffee in the canteen before work and I am too introverted - I tried it and it made me unbelievably fed up. Yesterday in my morning job just crying and crying and crying ( nobody is there so it's okay), and in my head saying take an overdose, take an overdose. The only way I could calm down was to tell myself just tell them it is not for you. I am living with my mum but I am so introverted it's hard. I need to just hold this job down so I can get into a bedsit. My family are like you should go for a better bedsit than the ones I already went for; more expensive. But I have to go for something cheap; I cannot survive otherwise. I kinda listened to them and took on board what they said. But yesterday was like yeah this is why I go for crappy places because there's nothing else I can do.

Just took another 5mg of my meds so I don't feel what I feel.

I am an introvert with other things and I just feel like the world wasn't mean for me.
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:03

So sorry to hear how much you are struggling. I think there's always a struggle between making enough money and being able to cope. Maybe 2 jobs is just too much at the moment, where you coping better before?
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:09

Also sometimes we are too hard on ourselves when we already know it's not right... I took on a job at the beginning of September, I work for an agency so my jobs vary, I went in the first day and couldn't cope at all.... I told the agency I didn't want the job after all and then spent a week on the verge of some kind of breakdown. Which was unnecessary as I have worked most weeks since and been OK. People do change their minds about jobs all the time, it's OK to do that because until you try it you don't really know if it's right for you. I think we beat ourselves up for doing what everyone else does anyway.
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny

So sorry to hear how much you are struggling. I think there's always a struggle between making enough money and being able to cope. Maybe 2 jobs is just too much at the moment, where you coping better before?
Thanks Jinny, Yes my first job is perfect because there is nobody there really.
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
Also sometimes we are too hard on ourselves when we already know it's not right... I took on a job at the beginning of September, I work for an agency so my jobs vary, I went in the first day and couldn't cope at all.... I told the agency I didn't want the job after all and then spent a week on the verge of some kind of breakdown. Which was unessecary as I have worked most weeks since and been OK. People do change their minds about jobs all the time, it's OK to do that because until you try it you don't really know if it's right for you. I think we beat ourselves up for doing what everyone else does anyway.
Sorry to hear you were unable to cope Agency work can be tricky as you never know where you'll end up and what it will be like and you have to get the job done on time etc.
Old 3rd November 2018, 21:57

I'm feeling like a mega fatty today, I'm going to sort myself out next week, more fruit and less cakes.
Old 5th November 2018, 00:21

Mood
Lurking

^ Good luck for the week ahead newbs x
I could do with doing that myself.