Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 29th January 2018, 14:56
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^ Thanks Dougella . Yeah 1 week is pretty short notice.

I still don't know if its for ESA or DLA; Lewes is over there 90 mins journey time policy and they haven't sent me a ESA50 recently (if it is an ESA medical). So I'm glad I've got an organisation to turn to for some support. Sadly you simply can't trust the DWP
Old 29th January 2018, 15:13

Mood
Cynical

^ It's very short notice! Maybe it is for DLA if you haven't had the form for ESA yet, but if it doesn't say on the letter that's very unhelpful.

It's great there are organisations who will help. I worry for people who aren't able to even understand the letters properly on their own.
Old 29th January 2018, 15:30
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ I certainly think i'm lucky that coastal West Sussex MIND is able to provide help like that, not all of them can or do, or so I believe. But yes, it is worrying that many ppl aren't able to understand the letters, or the system generally, properly by themselves. It is so wrong.
Old 29th January 2018, 18:22

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vienna
Good luck with it =)
I'm trying to eat better too ,well cut down on biscuits mainly , now have my exercise bike too so will hopefully do bit more exercise
Thanks

I don't think I'm quite ready for exercise any time soon
Old 29th January 2018, 23:07

Mood
Lonely

Really anxious! There are a couple of young guys hanging around the front door of the flats. I'm yet to take my dog out for his nightly walk. I can't do it whilst they're there!
Hellllp! I'm Panicking!
Old 29th January 2018, 23:27

^
If you feel uncomfortable stay inside.
Old 29th January 2018, 23:33

Mood
Fine

They can't hang around forever, it's freezing!
Old 29th January 2018, 23:50

Mood
Lonely

^&^^ They left soon after I posted that, so I took my chance, only to find they were in the garage but I don't think they saw me.
Old 30th January 2018, 07:33

Slightly regretting that laziness took over last night and now I have to quickly wash my hair.
Old 30th January 2018, 08:52

As if I***8217;m going to explode. I***8217;ve tried speaking to hubby the way he speaks to me, and guess what? He doesn***8217;t like it!!!! I KNOW that it***8217;s just different personality styles but it***8217;s really getting to me! For example : son asked me a question this morning and I started to answer. This voice then interjects from another room. So, adopting a style that has been used on me for more times than I care to remember I snapped ***8220;will you stop interfering?***8221; I have to take it and shut up. Hubby? He snaps back!!! It***8217;s only a REALLY silly little gripe, but it***8217;s an accumulation of silly little things that build up and become huge when your opinion of yourself is as low as mine is of me so, how am I feeling? Like a volcano that***8217;s about to erupt, but as usual will just fizzle out somewhere after it***8217;s had a mini eruption somewhere no one will notice.
Old 30th January 2018, 12:35

I'm
brOKen
Old 30th January 2018, 13:03

Mood
Balanced

Regretting getting back in touch with someone, as they've ended up letting me down again.

Second chances are acceptable, but eighth chances not so much. Think I need to cut all ties, and forget about this person.
Old 30th January 2018, 14:00
Banned

Annoyed
Last night Emailed the firm I got my new exercise bike from , asking them about the digital monitor not working, still no answer. I know Im probably being impatient but i want to know .
Hurry up and answer!
Old 30th January 2018, 14:10
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Disappointed, had an appointment with the CPN today but its been cancelled
Old 30th January 2018, 16:25

^^^^Hope you***8217;re ok Ozzy
Old 30th January 2018, 17:08
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I had a lovely walk about Goodwood Hill this s'morning with group which has lifted my mood enormously.

Recovery worker rang the medical assessment people for me and apparently the only options are Lewes, Portsmouth or Guildford for a DWP medical. I am of course directly in the middle of all frigging three The women on the phone wasn't apparently helpful. Anyways the recovery worker got it changed to the end of Feb and either their advocate or she herself will come with me. I'm seeing the advocate next week with her and she's going to do me a supporting letter etc... What a palaver. I pity ppl who have nowhere/one to turn to or are seriously disabled how are they supposed to get to these places. Effing miles and miles away. Oh and the reason I didn't get an ESA50 - there using the one I sent almost 12 months ago which isn't up to date .
Old 30th January 2018, 17:15

Mood
Cynical

^ It's almost as if they make it as difficult and confusing as they can on purpose isn't it
Old 30th January 2018, 17:18
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Yes isn't it

Not one of those places is actually in the county I live in (West Sussex).
Old 31st January 2018, 17:45

pretty miserable today
Old 31st January 2018, 19:00

Another day without an ounce of energy. Annoying.
Old 31st January 2018, 19:13

A bit weirded out and suspicious, boyfriend went AWOL for a couple of days and is suddenly being really sweet (to the point of twee).
Old 31st January 2018, 19:26

^ Maybe he feeling guilty for not being in contact?
Old 31st January 2018, 20:47

^ Probably, but my brain would much rather jump to conclusions instead.
Old 1st February 2018, 02:15

^ I hope you feel less weird soon, lovely Biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo34
Anyways the recovery worker got it changed to the end of Feb and either their advocate or she herself will come with me. I'm seeing the advocate next week with her and she's going to do me a supporting letter etc... What a palaver. I pity ppl who have nowhere/one to turn to or are seriously disabled how are they supposed to get to these places. Effing miles and miles away. Oh and the reason I didn't get an ESA50 - there using the one I sent almost 12 months ago which isn't up to date .
That***8217;s great that you***8217;ve been able to get the date of your medical moved so that you have the time to prepare a supporting letter, transport, etc.
I don***8217;t trust the DWP as far as they can be thrown! Call me paranoid, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they sprung it on you on purpose. Like you say, I dread to think where people end up if they arn***8217;t able to stand up for themselves or have no support from elsewhere. Probably with zero money and relying on food banks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Wife
A bit weirded out and suspicious, boyfriend went AWOL for a couple of days and is suddenly being really sweet (to the point of twee).
I***8217;d be suspicious too if I wasn't able to contact my boyfriend for two days. But, I***8217;m a needy type of person and wouldn***8217;t be happy unless I was in contact with them at least every day!

Feeling physically ill
I had my wisdom tooth pulled out on Monday. Although my mouth was numbed with a six foot needle it was still pretty horrific hearing the drill burrowing down within a milimetre of my nerve and the Dentist chipping away at bone. The following day half of my face was a bit swollen and sore but I was taking the strong painkillers and anti-biotics that the Dentist had prescribed and seemed to be making a speedy recovery. Until I woke up the following morning with the worst headache imaginable that isn't going away. There***8217;s also a heavy pressure behind my eyes that means it hurts if I attempt to move them. I***8217;m also feeling quite nauseous. Then last night despite wearing PJ***8217;s and two thick dressing gowns beneath the duvet I felt so cold I couldn't stop shivering. It seems a bit too much of a conicidence that these symptoms have come on right after the Dental Surgery. Then again , knowing my luck, I***8217;ve probably gone and caught Aussie Flu!!
Old 1st February 2018, 07:30
Banned at own request

^ Hope you***8217;re okay Muggins. Have you taken your temperature?

I***8217;m feeling kind of paranoid and outcast, it***8217;s silly really that being ignored bothers me so much when I***8217;m feeling I need to be alone anyway

I survived January at least, that***8217;s something

Hugs for everyone
Old 1st February 2018, 08:22

Sat here thinking how much I do not want to know my Maths exam results lol!!
Old 1st February 2018, 08:23
Banned at own request

^ Good luck!
Old 1st February 2018, 08:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
^ I hope you feel less weird soon, lovely Biscuits

That’s great that you’ve been able to get the date of your medical moved so that you have the time to prepare a supporting letter, transport, etc.
I don’t trust the DWP as far as they can be thrown! Call me paranoid, but it really wouldn't surprise me if they sprung it on you on purpose. Like you say, I dread to think where people end up if they arn’t able to stand up for themselves or have no support from elsewhere. Probably with zero money and relying on food banks

I’d be suspicious too if I wasn't able to contact my boyfriend for two days. But, I’m a needy type of person and wouldn’t be happy unless I was in contact with them at least every day!

Feeling physically ill
I had my wisdom tooth pulled out on Monday. Although my mouth was numbed with a six foot needle it was still pretty horrific hearing the drill burrowing down within a milimetre of my nerve and the Dentist chipping away at bone. The following day half of my face was a bit swollen and sore but I was taking the strong painkillers and anti-biotics that the Dentist had prescribed and seemed to be making a speedy recovery. Until I woke up the following morning with the worst headache imaginable that isn't going away. There’s also a heavy pressure behind my eyes that means it hurts if I attempt to move them. I’m also feeling quite nauseous. Then last night despite wearing PJ’s and two thick dressing gowns beneath the duvet I felt so cold I couldn't stop shivering. It seems a bit too much of a conicidence that these symptoms have come on right after the Dental Surgery. Then again , knowing my luck, I’ve probably gone and caught Aussie Flu!!
Awww I hope you're ok!!
Old 1st February 2018, 09:31

^ Hi Jinny!!! Lovely to see you on here again! And I agree with what you have said to Muggins. I think a trip to the GP could well be in order.
Old 1st February 2018, 10:40
Banned at own request

Like I***8217;m back at school. Wherever I go there are different groups of people who stick together, I don***8217;t fit in with any of them and none of them want me.
I don***8217;t understand why it hurts me so much when I don***8217;t even want to belong to any of them, it really does though. I***8217;ve felt this my whole life, there***8217;s no group that I***8217;m good enough for and I don***8217;t belong anywhere. Why am I still trying? I***8217;m supposed to be alone, I don***8217;t have what it takes and I don***8217;t know if I even want it. Because it***8217;s so humiliating I suppose. I need to give up.