SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th July 2005, 22:57
meg

Default Visiting Grandad

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, as I am still uncertain how I feel about it. I had planned a while back to go to visit my grandad with my brother, his wife and their daughter . I never visit him on my own (due to my SA), but tag along with my brothers and their families. As the day (yesterday - Sunday) got nearer, I got more and more worried about it, and avoided phoning my brother to make arrangements. I half-hoped he had forgotton I had said I would go!
Saturday came and I still hadn't phoned my brother. I decided I wasn't going to go, and if my brother phoned me I would claim illness! This decision, however, brought a big wave of depression on and I spent most of Saturday in bed!
Sunday morning I went out with the dogs and when I got back there was a message from my brother saying he would meet me at Grandad's at 2pm. I felt like I had to go! So I rang him back and confirmed.
Got the atlas out, checked the route (quite easy, but I am well-known for getting lost!) and went!
It was not half as bad as I feared, I managed to chat to my grandad a bit. There were silences, but I managed not to blame them all on myself!
I'm glad I went and didn't take the easy way out, which would have left me feeling 10x worse. but I'm annoyed at myself for wasting Saturday in bed!!
Maybe now I've found this site, when something scarey comes up I can talk to you lot first on this site and psyche myself up!
Old 26th July 2005, 08:59
kp85

Default Re: Visiting Grandad

Congrats! I'm glad to hear you're happy with your decision! Don't feel bad about spending all Saturday in bed...cuz as you said...if you didn't go you woulda felt 10x worse lol.
Old 27th July 2005, 18:22

Brilliant job! I hate family do's, so well done to you.
Old 27th July 2005, 18:38

Well done meg!!!
Old 30th July 2005, 19:19

Wd! Never as bad as you feel it will be.
Closed Thread